Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Rabbit Lease Questions

Comments

• Agreed on price was $17,500... it is a four door and standard options, no sunroof, wheels, etc...
  • imgdocimgdoc Posts: 30
    Car_man,

I am shopping for a 2Dr auto trans. Emailed a dealer. he found me one that I like for MSRP $17,125. I would like to ask him for a lease - 24 mo/12K miles/year, 0 down. What would be the numbers for a good deal. state tax is 7%.
    appreciate your help.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    that sounds a little off for a two door auto; our sticker for our 2 door auto w/ the 16 alloy wheel package stickered at 17,095.
    Dealer emailed me with the following offer:
    2dr auto, 16" alloy MSRP 17,105, selling price 16,950
    36 month lease, 12K/year, 299/mo, $500 total out of pocket.
    What do you guys think? Should I accept or haggle more?
    ok this sounds better. go for it.
    Just got a quote from another dealer:
    36 month lease, 12k/year 2-door Auto Rabbit with 16" Alloys:
    MSRP:$17101
    Selling price: $16500
    Money Factor: .00263
    Residual: 61%
    Drive Off Amount Due at Signing: $400
    Monthly Payment: $277.41
    This includes tax, title and registration

I was thinking of waiting till August for the 2008 models,
    but deal seems so sweet. What are you all thinking. Should I go for it now?
    it sounds good, but with the 08's just around the corner, you'll have to decide if you want bragging rights for a 170hp engine and a standard armrest, or this deal. i wish my payment was this much!
    I am kind of stubborn and I've sent a few more emails to nearby VW dealers. One of them called me on the phone and offered $263/mo and $430 drive off. Same 2dr, auto, alloy wheels.
    Are they really trying to get rid of the 2007 models? Anyway, this works for me and I am getting this bunny on Thursday. Will post after that.
    hey congrats man! you'll love it regardless if its 150 or 170hp.

i don't think the 08's are getting to the lots in a month or anything like that, but i have read on vw vortex that dealers are getting to the point where they are no longer taking special orders for 07 rabbits.
    I GOT IT!!! YEAHHH!
    It has 12 miles on it. It is the grey one. There was one green also but I kind of fell for the grey. The saleswoman was professional. Filled the paperwork with the numbers exactly as we agreed via the emails. Did not try to push any additional products like warranties etc... I asked her boldly if she will agree to through in the floor mats in the deal. She went to ask the manager and then said she cannot do it because she already gave me the best she can offer. She showed me the paper with the Invoice which was something like $16,880. Sale price is $16,300 - over $500 bellow invoice!!! With the $500 dealer cash they are getting I guess it is worth for them. So my payments are 263/mo with $400 drive off. She said she waived the acquisition and document fee as well. It is amazing. Imagine how much room they have for making a profit. Just a week ago I was getting offers like $299/mo and $500 drive off. It is definitely worth shopping around.
    I will write again to share my driving impression.

Great forum BTW. Thanks to Car-man and all of you guys.
    awesome man. simply great.

i've got the grey too, fantastic color! and enjoy your bunny!
  • Car_Man can you please provide the current MF and Residual Value for 2008 Rabbits from VW Credit? Thanks!!
  • solicsolic Posts: 2
    Please Car_man, one more request for the same thing MF and Residual Value!

Thanks!!!
  • Hi brentwood5. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Rabbit with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings Car_man. Could you please let me know the money factor and residual on a 3 door 2008 Rabbit? Lease period 24 months, mileage 12,000 per year. Thanks.
  • Here you go, cluedweasel. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00299 and 70%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man. Now to get my local guy down from the rather amusing $379 a month to around $260!
  • Could you please tell me the lease numbers for November? I'm looking at a fully loaded 4-Door with manual transmission. MSRP would be roughly $21,403 with 17" wheels and Protection Package or $19,774 without those two options. If you would happen to know how much those two options cost to put on separately that would be great too. I live in Kansas if that makes a difference. Thanks!
  • I forgot to mention mileage. 15,000 miles/year for whichever length of term is the cheapest monthly payment.
  • No problem, cluedweasel. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi frooky. You can look up the prices of the options that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. As far as this car's lease program goes, it varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Rabbit with 15,000 miles per year are .00261 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey there, Car_Man.

Could you please let me know the money factor and residual on a 4-door, manual trans 2008 Rabbit? Lease period 39 months, mileage 12,000 per year? Thanks.

I test drove it a few weeks ago and had them give me a ballpark quote on what a lease would be for the car @ $23K. Of course, I'm going to haggle to get it for around the invoice price of $20,366.00, no money down.

They gave me a "quote" of $299/mo for 39 months w/$2,500.00 down. That seems like an awful lot. They said that for each $1,000 deducted from down payment amount, add $25 to the payment. So, that would make it around $362/mo if I didn't put anything down.

I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (lease is up in a couple of months), and the payments on that thing are $375 (39 mo lease).

I want to make sure I'm armed with enough ammo when I go in there. They usually look at a woman car buyer and assume she doesn't know how to deal. Wrong!!!!

Thanks much for any help! :blush:
  • Hello car man,
    I have a few questions. I am looking to lease a rabbit for 39 months, 12k/year, 2000 down in NJ (7% sales tax). My dealer kept saying what a great deal the cars are right now in December. I am curious if I really am getting a good deal. The price of the car I picked is 17504.
    1) What should my monthly payment be for a lease?
    2) What should my monthly payment be to buy over 60 months at an apr of 2.9%?
    3) What is the residual factor on leasing?
    4) What is the money factor on leasing?

I am not too familiar with the vw pricing or deals since I was originally looking at a mini cooper. Any help that you can give me in making a good decision would be helpful. Thank you, car man.
  • Hi everyone,

I am a new rabbit owner and wanted to share my lease experience as I figured that the numbers provided by dealers don't really mean much. There are way too many other variables (besides downpayment, interest %, # of months...etc.) involved when they actually come up with a quote, which will remain a mystery, and I don't mind. Here is the deal I got for my 2.5 automatic 08 Rabbit. $1,200 down (including everything) $250 (inluding tax) @ 24months.
    The car doesn't have any extras on it but I am happy with is as it is. Except for one thing, my current mpg average over the frist tank was 15.6 which I posted on a seperate discussion .
  • doug_tdoug_t Posts: 22
    Thanks for posting your info, aleafinsf.

One clarification needed though ... is that for the sedan or coupe - there is significant price difference between the two.
  • harbillyharbilly Posts: 6
    Dear Car_man,

I am interested in lease a 08 4D AT rabbit. Either 24 month of 36 month with 12K per year is fine with me. Could you please direct me which one is the better deal, and what are the MF and residuals? tons of thanks!
  • felixpfelixp Posts: 2
    Dear Car_Man,

Can you let me know the current money factor and residual val from VW Credit for the following car:

08 Rabbit 4 dr - 36 mos, 12k per yr (36k total)

Thanks a lot!
  • dsvogel18dsvogel18 Posts: 2
    I am looking for the same info on money factor and residual value. Does anyone have this?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go, harbilly. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 VW Rabbit 4-door with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 58%. I haven't crunched any numbers, but I suspect that the 3 year term will yield a lower monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey dsvogel18. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.