Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Freestyle Audio MP3 iPod CD NAV

2»

Comments

• tjcaddytjcaddy Posts: 1
    have 6disc cd radio i installed it wont load cd -get cd-error message
  • dg72dg72 Posts: 1
    anyone ever respond to you? i have the same issue.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    "anyone ever respond to you? i have the same issue."

Look, if your vehicle is under warranty, take it in to the dealer. This isn't supposed to happen. It has not happened yet to my 2006 SEL, in 1.5 years, and I swap CD's a lot.

However, they are all "bought" CDs, not "burned" CDs that I created myself.
  • volfangaryvolfangary Posts: 105
    I had a similar problem with a previous car. It was a label on a CD that was partially loose and got hung up in player. A dealer told me high heat will cause labels to come loose from CD's. Don't know if this applies to your situation, but useful knowledge.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,059
    Here's a collection of tips from the forums that may help although most of them aren't aimed at multidisk players or discs that won't load:

How to Remove a Stuck CD

Maybe the pull the fuse trick would fool it?
  • anm8edanm8ed Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am a new person the Ford Freestyle and so far I quite like it. We just an '06 with 34k miles on it. It was a certified ford and we opted for the 100k extended warranty.

I am currently looking for cross bars for the rack even though I know it wont hold a lot. It will come in handy and I know these forums have lots of information on that. Thanks for that...

The reason I am posting this is to say Hi and ask about the CD/MP3 player. We have the 6 disc changer with MP3. What I want to know is how do I get MP3s to play? Everytime I put an MP3 disc in it says bad disc. Is there a certain bit rate you need? What settings do I need to get this to work? We are getting ready for a 2k mile drive and this would certainly help those miles go by with 2 small girls. Any help would be appreciated.

Ed B.
  • I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle and it has the 6cd changer and mp3 player.
    I have no trouble with the changer when playing regular cd's. My problem is the MP3 player, I have tried and tried and what I get when I insert mp3 cd, is its reading disc, I think oh, thats a good sign, but then it spits it out and says bad cd' But its not a bad cd plays elsewhere just not in the Ford. I made the MP3 using Windows Media.
    Please can some one advise me on how to correct this.
2»
This discussion has been closed.