Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego Maintenance & Repair

Comments

• 500gal500gal Posts: 1
    Can you tell me if this problem happed again and what they did?
    I was just told they reprogrammed the board and the problem was back in a day now I am being told I need to replace the whole dash cluster. Which is 500.00 for a car that is 3 years old.
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    Since they reprogrammed the computer, and are now telling you it's the dashboard - they clearly do not know what the problem is and are guessing at your expenses. If they are sure the dashboard is the problem have them give them you money back if it doesn't work. FYI - I had this very same issue with a Ford Contour. NO ONE (even some of the best diagnostic shops in my area) could figure out what it was.

I got rid of the car.
  • tharrountharroun Posts: 8
    Did you have the same problem, ie vibrating while braking and when accelerating at high speed?

Also, do you have any other details about the fix? If I was going to relay this info. to my transmission guy-which valve would I refer him to?

Thanks.
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    is it possible you have an EGR valve or clogged EGR port problem? google.
  • bruneau1bruneau1 Posts: 468
    Which transmission are we talking about? The 6spd or cvt?
  • theeleetheelee Posts: 1
    My 2005 Ford 500 down shifts for no reason at highway speed. At 70+ on cruise control, in traffic when you tap the brake to slow when you touch the accelerator again, lightly, the car down shifts really hard with a loud sound. The Ford technician who rode with me to trouble shoot was really impressed with how hard it is. They say I need a new valve block for $ 1,000 parts and labor. Any one else have this happen.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    ignore this requirement at your own peril.
  • cephelpscephelps Posts: 1
    How do you release the piston on the rear clipper so that the pads can be replaced? I have replace the front and all is fine. The emergency brake may be the problem.
  • sprintguysprintguy Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Ford Five Hundred, does any one know where I could find a chart that show,s the A/C outlet temp,s Vs. the outside temp ? also does anyone offer a paperback repair manual for these cars?
  • cann08cann08 Posts: 1
    :confuse: i have a 06 ford five hundred and my cd changer is jammed all 6 slots are full but it wont play none of them it just keep reading "disk error" or "no disk" how can i fix this? i have disconnected the battery hoping that it would reset but it diddnt work. can somebody help
  • alankeilalankeil Posts: 1
    i've seen this with the explorer 04 disconect the harness at the foot pedal clean & reconect

ase tech.
  • I have a 2006 500 Limited 2wd with 60,000 miles.

Often when I come out of park or neutral I feel and hear a "clunk". If the car was rear wheel drive I would swear it had bad u-joints.

Is there an adjustment that can be done or does the software need to be reflashed?

It was reflashed about a year ago under warranty for something else already.

Thanks.
  • I have a 2007 and feel/hear the same clunk. Curious as well
  • yak2yak2 Posts: 1
    Looking for all information on 05 ford five hundreds transmission problems.
  • I also have thbucking issue when accelerating rapidly and when braking. I has Aamco check it out on their diagnostic machine in May. They determined that the transmission was fine.

I have been driving it since. By driving carefully, I can minimize the problem.
  • Sounds like a loose wire harness connector or connection.
  • I recently purchased a used 06 Montego with 10k miles. I am enjoying the car but have noticed a minor problem, also noted in an earlier post. The trunk release does not always completely "let go." About 50% of the time I'll have to attempt the release 2-3 times before it works. Any solution/suggestion?

Also, are there any aftermarket replacements for the dorky stick antenna on the car? I noticed the '08 Taurus/Sable does not have a stick antenna.
  • My 2005 five hundred started vibrating at 40 mph with 50,000 miles on Pirelli P6 tires. Most noticeable in the stearing and floorpan. Dealer said to check it out again after new tires were installed, the Pirellis were cupping. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance Comfortread M+S. Still vibrates at 40 MPH. Very annoying. Tires otherwise are quiet and comfortable compared to the Pirellis.
    Also have the dreaded bubble in the lid in the center of the dash.
  • I have a '06 Five Hundred. Last week after I went to wash it, about 15 minutes later the Gas Cap Warning Light came on. I checked the manual and it said the gas cap may be loose and to check it. I did and the light remained on. Yesterday, I purchased a new gas cap from the dealership hoping that the light would go off and the service technician said to give it about 10-20 miles time for the computer to reset itself. I've gone at least that far and the light still remains on. The technician said it isn't likely there is a vacuum leak, so I'm giving it a couple more days before I take the car in to get it checked out.

Any ideas?

Lorrie :confuse:
  • arondoarondo Posts: 1
    I purchased a used 2005 500 and there is no key pad code in the glove box. Need to locate computer module, any idea where that might be?