Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica NAV System Questions

124»

Comments

• mmcrittermmcritter Posts: 5
    I found it on ebay.com - it has a letter I at the end of the disk code... most recent one is J
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    E-bay is a pretty good source.
  • The navigation system on my Pacifica '04 is not working - dealer said to buy new disk, I did but still not working- returned disk to dealer, they said the unit is dead-- need to buy a new navigation system for $450- plus new disk $200! anyone know if they can be rapaired? where? I am in Los Angeles, California
  • My Pacifica is also '04. My navi died while it was still in warranty. Dealer tried new disc first - didn't work. They ordered new unit for me. Cost me a $50.00 deductible (and didn't include an updated disc). They told me if not in warranty, would cost $1,000.00.
    Even now, with it working, I won't pay the $200.00 for an updated disc. For $150.00 you can buy a nice 5" TomTom (or other) with lifetime updates. An updated disc for $200.00 is a ripoff.
  • @johnus43 (quote: er a few turns it gets a little off, like you are driving off the road, then the screen will start doing a wild 360 degree rotation. The only way to stop this is to turn it off. The DVD disk looks good to me and the unit usually works at first so I don't think it is the disc. I am sure the dealers will want huge money to fix this problem. I talked to my regular dealer and they never heard of this problem. I sure would like to fix this as it is one of the things I liked about the car. Has anybody else had this problem? Suggestions? )

Did you ever find out what was causing the 360 rotation? I have an 07 Signature edition - on occasion, the same thing happens to me. The screen can't seem to figure out where it is or where it is going. Did anyone make any suggestions?
  • johnus43johnus43 Posts: 2
    mmcritter,

I never was able to get the navigation fixed. The Pacifica is a horribly made car. I sold the car taking a big loss just to get rid of it. The last straw was when the engine mounts broke and pulled the radiator hose out causing the car to overheat and leaving me stranded on a ski trip up north. Broken engine mounts!!?? Headlights would burn out every few months. Car went through 3 sets of tires in 70,000 miles as it would not stay aligned. Inner hubcaps would fall off all the time. My advice is to sell it as soon as possible. Chrysler pulled the plug on these fast because they are lemons.
  • mmcrittermmcritter Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Thanks I appreciate it. I too have some broken motor mounts... hmmmm... but, I have to say (knock on wood) that all else is going well...

@imeta - I bought an update disc on ebay... didn't work for me. #garbage
  • ericwindowericwindow Posts: 1
    Alpine told me about this company, United Radio that does repairs for them. They want $225 (includes return shipping) to refurb the Nav System electronics/DVD-ROM drive. You can call them or just fill out the form on their website and send it in. Website: [http://unitedradio.com/automotive/]. To remove drive you must unscrew the rear compartment and unbolt the drive....it's not that hard to do.
124»