Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country: 2004 and Earlier

2»

Comments

• jrsygirljrsygirl Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue. I keep a second set of rotors because they warp about every 10-12k miles. I was told by one dealer that the back brakes were not set correctly causing the front to work too hard. Another dealer told me the calipers were sticking. Either way... I can't stand it anymore. It is in the shop again for the dealer to fix issues they didn't fix properly too start with. Thankfully i have the extended warranty and so it doesn't cost me much of anything to have them look at it and fix it. I will post what they come up with and whether or not they cover it under the warranty. I can tell you that i can't say the person who posted it is because some people ride the gas or the brake... well i don't so there has got to be some kind of common issue.
  • murdoogmurdoog Posts: 1
    My 1997 LXi's transmission went out a year ago. This was the only problem with the van. I am now in a position to get it fixed. Any advice?
  • mickeyrommickeyrom Posts: 936
    Hard to advise someone on how to spend their hard earned money.If the car is in excellent condition otherwise,I would shop around for a rebuilt tranny.Where I live,I could get an overhaul for approx $1200.A 10 year old car isnt worth much on the open market,so I guess it depends on what it's worth to you.
    My 97 Town and Country makes a strange rattling noise from the front of the car.If anyone can remember the sound bad heat risers used to make,or maybe even "labor knocks",that is what it sounds like.The reason that I'm sure its not the pinging or labor knock is because it does it without :sick: acceleration.
  • I too am going crazy with my brakes - jrsygirl, did you find out anything new when you took your van in this last time?
  • I changed front brake pads turned front rotors and now my brake pedal will not stay pumped up. I can pump brake up it will stay for about 30 seconds then I push on the brake again it goes to the floor fluid is full have bled brakes. Now I don't know what to do. Could the master cylander be going bad? Need help.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Possibly master brake cylinder...Are you losing fluid?
  • Hi,

No, I'm not losing any fluid. It seems that it may be something internal in the master cylander. I just went out and the brakes seem to be pumping up better.
    It's wierd cause I just got done changing brakes on a 1998 caravan and they are working great. this town and country is giving me fits.
    Sounds like there is an internal leak in the master cyl....Let me know how that works out...and good luck.
  • dhaywooddhaywood Posts: 3
    We have had the following issues with our Town and Country

1. When we turn on the vehicle the radio, wiper, power windows, and ac/heater do not turn on, but the van runs normal otherwise. Then if we turn it off and back on right away they work.
    2. Sometime (more often then not lately) when all the above things are working while driving the radio (radio, CD, tape) will suddenly go to a buzzing noise and will not work again until the van has been off for a least an hour.
    3. NOW- tonight my husband saw flashing lights outside our window. When he went out to check it out our light were flashing quickly on our radio was turning on and off. The fuse box was also ticking. The vehicle had been turned off for over an hour and there were not keys in it. We unplugged the battery for now.

HELP!!!
    Hey D, I think it's time for a new vehicle. I have a 97 LXi but thank the deity,it is the best American built car I have ever owned.It has a few quirks,but overall it has been outstanding.(151,500 miles)I think I got my money's worth out of it. :blush:
  • Has anyone had most of the background lights not working on the center dashboard console? The lights are to highlight night driving so you can see the various positions for heat and air conditioning. The lights show symbols for floor, vent, floor/vent, defrost. also the background lights for HomeLink Garage door opener and various other panel symbols. I am getting the Yellow LED lights which show which position the controls are in, but background lights are not lit except for the power doors, they seem to be the only ones lit.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill :mad: :confuse: :(
  • Hey Folks,

I found the answer to this somewhere on this forum.
    All you have to do is disconnect the Negative battery cable for about 5-10 minutes and the Body Control Module Will reboot turning all the correct lights on and it may even correct some transmission shifting problems especially after a rebuild or replace of the tranny.

Bill :) :D ;)
  • Thanks ,that's good to know.I wonder what will happen to those lifetime warranties when Chrysler disappears. :confuse:
  • My 2001 T&C 3.8L makes a low rumble/roar between 2250-2400 rpm, right at cruising speed. It happens at that rpm, in any gear. It seems to be harmonics-related. Any clues/solutions? Thanks :confuse:
  • tylersmomtylersmom Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 T&C with 155k miles. Two weeks ago when I was pulling in to get the oil changed my van stuttered then just cut off. Had to push it the rest of the way into the shop. After the oil was changed and filters were changed it seemed to run a little better but when I stopped at a light or stop sign had to keep foot on the gas and brake because it quit idling. Was told to give it a tune up and that would fix the problem. I did that and now not only is it not idling but also have a strong gas smell inside the van. Anyone have this problem, know how to fix this or any suggestions? Please help!!!! :cry:
  • Hello,

We just purchased a 2004 T-C. We are quite pleased with the way it runs and drives. We did have one issue this evening however.

When we open the driver's door the Key-in-ignition reminder sounds, even though the key is not in the ignition (and lights are off and the ignition is in the "lock" position.)

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    CF
2»