Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Outbacks

13»

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    Yes to telescoping for '08.

Rattles... annoying. I am picking my car up momentarily from the dealership where, they say, all the rattles are fixed. I dropped it off yesterday morning, so considering they fixed all 4 rattles (lift gate, dash, glove box... was there another? Maybe only 3), I am hopeful.

I will provide better info after pickup.
  • I thought I'd start up this thread here since there are two of us so far with fluid leaks from a brand new car. Anyone else?

Link to thread from "Subaru Legacy/Outback - Problems & Solutions"

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX14@@.ef05e94/6699#6699

--Vinnie
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    Oops... forgot to update after the pickup! The lift gate rattle was gone - which is wonderful... that was the worst one. Now, three weeks later, it is still gone. But, the glove box rattle, which was in its infancy on 1/31, was not fixed (they said they cushioned the seam and re-positioned the box). Now it is quite bad. They ordered a replacement box saying that this one is "loose." I doubt it will solve anything.

The shift boot and P-brake boot were both cracked due to cold temps, so I had them replace those as well (replaced on 2/20). I fully expect that they will continue to crack in cold weather, so I will request replacement as frequently as I find new cracks. Not that this will be a long-term solution, but I figure 15-20 replacements before the 3/36 is up should be sufficient to help Subaru to consider using higher quality, more durable materials on future models. It is amazing how a manufacturer can regress over the years. Shift in focus, I suppose (no pun intended... really!).

What else? Oh, yes, the radio blipped out on me again Tuesday (2/20) when I started it at -20F. Not surprised there. I am all but convinced it is a result of the marginal OEM battery. I will look to replace it with something decent by next winter. I could either pay $60+ for a "battery blanket" to nurse this marginal battery or pay $90 for a good battery and skip the blanket. Hmm.... decisions.... :P I did not use the radio yet today, so not sure if it did it again this morning.

And, headlight assemblies..... will update that one in the dedicated thread.
13»
This discussion has been closed.