Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MAZDA3: Official 2007 U.S. Info

Comments

• karend3karend3 Posts: 7
    The "Ice Blue" has shown up in lists as one of the new 07 colors for Mazda3. However, three days ago I talked to a dealer on the phone and his "official dealer info" (whatever that is) does not include Ice Blue. Anyone know what's real anymore?? (ha) :confuse:
  • My "official" eyes tell me that ice blue is indeed a color for the 07 Mazda3's. I saw and drove a sedan in ice blue. I rather liked the color but we want a non-metallic color.

I asked this a couple of posts above this: Is there any non-metallic color in the '07s besides the true red? (true red, by the way, is not even close to true red. Its orange-red. Better name would be tomato red.)

I know there is metallic pearl white that can be had for extra $, but isn't there just a plain white?
    How can Mazda not offer just white?!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I know there is metallic pearl white that can be had for extra $, but isn't there just a plain white?
    How can Mazda not offer just white?!

I beleive if you get the Mazda3 i you can get Rally White. No charge paint, not metallic or mica.
  • I beleive if you get the Mazda3 i you can get Rally White. No charge paint, not metallic or mica.

Sorry, I was not specific with my question. I want a non-metallic, non-mica in the 2007 Mazda3 S hatchback. Has anybody seen or heard of what, if any, colors are offered in 2007 that are not metallic?
  • Well, I have the sad answer to my own question. Aside from the "true red" (its orange-red actually), all the colors for the 2007 S models are in metallic/mica paint. I know most drool over metallics but doesn't anybody else in the world think they look like glitter was sprinkled on the wet paint? I'm sorry for sounding judgemental. Im disappointed so I'm venting.

Does it ever happen that a car company adds colors before next model year?
    Also, do you want to sell your 2005 or 06 Mazda 3 in say, rally white?! Or black?!
    I've been lagging on this and here it is the weekend that I may solicit bids from 2 or 3 dealers. I understand the MSRP on the 07 Mazda 3s Touring is $19,275 (which I believe is identical nationwide) and the destination fee for my area (central California) is $560.
    I've been lagging on this and here it is the weekend that I may solicit bids from 2 or 3 dealers. I understand the MSRP on the 07 Mazda 3s Touring is $19,275 (which I believe is identical nationwide) and the destination fee for my area (central California) is $560.

I want to make a single figure (OTD)out-the-door offer and let the dealer distribute the amount of the check to whatever "fees" or "actual price of the car" that he wants to. I'm not wanting to get into the negotiate this/negotiate that.

Facts are I have about 8 accessories / options (i.e. moonroof, rear wing spoiler) I want added that total about $1,700 at invoice cost.
    So we're at:
    $19,275 MSRP (Mazda 3s Touring 4-dr. A/T)
    $ 1,700 Accessories (invoice)
    $ 560 Destination
    --------
    $21,535

So, considering all the fees they try to add, plus holdback and dealer's incentives and "secret" profit they may get, plus the fact I want the car for as little cost to me as possible, but a REASONABLE, FAIR profit for the dealer, WHAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED A FAIR o-t-d OFFER??

I may have to order my specific car as there are few on the lets already. Any advice on the ordering procedure?? (deposit, etc.)

I would appreciate several replies, from both shoppers, buyers AND dealers. Thanks in advance.
  • The 2007 white is called Crystal white and it is not an additional charge. The 06 was Whitewater Pearl Mica and it was an additional $200. I'm trying to find an 07 grand touring white automatic. So far no luck and I'm not going to be overcharged because they are are slow in getting them out. The dealers all act like I'm looking for a 'rare car'. I'll wait - but I wish they'd get with it!
  • shlamoshlamo Posts: 9
    It's a Mazda, not a Honda or a Toyota. You'd be looking at $500-$1000 over invoice for most dealers and possibly at invoice for others if they're reasonable. You can always walk away if it's not working out for you at a dealer.
  • brink13brink13 Posts: 1
    They look ok... similar to the CX7 rims... But does anyone know if we can still option for the 5 spoke rims that were on the 06's? I'm digging the new colors, but not really the new wheels...
  • mpg60mpg60 Posts: 71
    I disagree with your comment on the 3 not having the 200.00 extra charge for the crystal white pearl.. This same color is offered on the new CX-7 and yes, there is a 200.00 extra charge.
  • spinzspinz Posts: 8
    You can if you wish. I trying to get the 07 Grand Touring but the dealer will charge me to swap the rims for a 06. Also, what do you is the best deal for a hot car like the 07 grey, grand touring with auto trans and sunroof/6 cd package? The price the dealer is offering me is $24,000. What do you think considering all the 06 titanium grays are all sold out and the grays for 07 are selling like crazy and the dealers in Northern California are charging top dollars for these cars.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    The 2007 white is called Crystal white and it is not an additional charge

Wrong information. Crystal white is a pearl paint and it's $200.
    I'm trying to find an 07 grand touring white automatic. So far no luck and I'm not going to be overcharged because they are are slow in getting them out. The dealers all act like I'm looking for a 'rare car'. I'll wait - but I wish they'd get with it!

I hate to break it to you, but, you ARE looking for a rare car. All dealers custom order all their inventory, with the acecption of a few gimmies from the port, and I can tell you that a white Mazda3 is rare. Not many dealers order them.

In MY 2006, I had to locate a Mazda3 GT in Whitewater pearl and the closest was 300 miles away, and this was in the winter. So, Mazda3 supply was plentiful then.
  • johnnyvjjohnnyvj Posts: 112
    You're not the only one not digging the new wheels. I think they look kinda crappy, personally. :(

The '06 5-spokers, on the other hand, looked great. Why did Mazda have to RUIN a good thing? Ditto on the 'mesh' grill replacing the slat grill for '07 for much of the Mazda3 lineup. Looks especially like a styling downgrade on the 5-door!

Boo Mazda, you're making me eye Civics and Fits again. And all you had to do was leave the (great) styling and wheels alone. I guess if it ain't broke, break it. :sick:
    Hmm, I actually think it looks more refined and sexy. The galaxy gray looks great on the new 3. Im going to upgrade to a GT this year, maybe in May of 07 once I have had a chance to view what color options are available. And the new gray interior is really nice.
    Don't forget to check out the Mazdaspeed3. It's not much more then the Mazda3 GT.
  • johnnyvjjohnnyvj Posts: 112
    Yep, the mesh grill is more refined and sexy. That's why its on the MazdaSpeed3, aka the top of the line Mazda3. Oh wait.. its not. Its got the slat grill. And non-goofy-looking rims too.

I don't mind the MazdaSpeed3 lookin' great. I just wish they hadn't made the 5-door S look worse to make the MS3 look better. :(

On the plus side, I do agree with you about the Galaxy Gray.
    Hey All,

The Mazda web site is now set for someone to build a model. It is interesting to note that total horsepower at summary end is rated at 274. Check it out for yourself
  • kronogoosekronogoose Posts: 116
    Are you located in the US?

I just visited the Mazda USA site, and there was no option, either from the "Build A Vehicle" link on the home page, or on the "Wild Child" site, to build an MS3.

I did check the Features and Specs page, which shows peak HP at 263 and peak torque at 280. This has been recently updated, as the last time I checked it showed peak HP as "TBD" (to be determined). I believe the current issue of Sport Compact Car reported 263 HP.

Where you building an MS6 instead? It's peak HP is 274.

Let's hope for some more reviews--SOON!

Thanks,

Greg
This discussion has been closed.