Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MAZDA3: Official 2007 U.S. Info

shlamoshlamo Posts: 9
edited March 19 in Mazda
The 2007 Mazda3 Sedans and Hatchbacks are starting to show up at dealers. I've been having an impossible time finding any information on these new models beyond what's on the Japan and Australia websites. I now have official documentation on the new models, packages, and pricing and have started this thread so that it can be discussed without all of the clutter from the previous 2006 topics.

From the dealer:
Mazda is pleased to announce that for the 2007 model year, the MAZDA3 gets even better with a design refresh on the 4-door and the 5-door, 7 new colors, available traction control and dynamic stability control on s Touring and Grand Touring models, and portable media (auxiliary) jack standard on all trims.

Initial production units are expected to begin arriving at dealerships in late summer 2006.

Exterior/Interior:
• Design refresh on 4-door and 5-door models.
• LED taillights standard on MAZDA3 Grand Touring sedan.
• Clear-leans taillights with silver color bezels on MAZDA3i.
• Gray interior color available on MAZDA3s models.
• Updated interior trims and fabric.

Functional:
• Rear center armrest with cup holders.
• Auxiliary jack standard on all MAZDA3 models.
• Additional 12V powerpoint in center console.
• Tire pressure monitor system standard on all MAZDA3 models.
• Dynamic stability control and Traction control system available on MAZDA3s Touring and Grand Touring.

Exterior Colors:
• New colors: Phantom Purple, True Red, Galaxy Gray, Ice Blue, Aurora Blue, Phantom Blue, and Crystal White.

Comments

• shlamoshlamo Posts: 9
    2007 MAZDA3s (2.3L 5-Door)

MAZDA3s Sport 5-Door
    a) M3H S P (s Sport M/T) -- $17,580 MSRP
    b) M3H S A (s Sport A/T) -- $18,530 MSRP

MAZDA3s Touring 5-Door
    a) M3H STR P (s Touring M/T) -- $18,325 MSRP
    b) M3H STR A (s Touring A/T) -- $19,275 MSRP

MAZDA 3s Grand Touring 5-Door
    a) M3H SGT P (s Grand Touring M/T) -- $19,795 MSRP
    b) M3H SGT A (s Grand Touring A/T) -- $20,745 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    2AB -- Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains
    1MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer -- $890 MSRP
    2MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, and BOSE Audio -- $1,335 MSRP
    LS1 -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- $590 MSRP
    NV1 -- Navigation System -- $1,750 MSRP
    *JCP -- $200 paint charge for Crystal White Pearl (34K)

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains (2AB) and Dynamic stability control (DSC) and Traction Control (TCS).

Grand Touring Model Includes: Touring Model equipment plus leather trimmed seats, heated seats (driver & front passenger), automatic climate control driving information system (trip computer), auto on/off headlights, rain-sensing front windshield wipers, Xenon HID Headlights with Manual Leveling, Theft-Deterrent Security System, LED rear combination taillights.

*NOTE* Prices DO NOT include the destination fee which is $560.00 USD.
    2007 MAZDA3i (2.0L 4-Door)

MAZDA3i Sport 4-Door
    a) M3S I P (i Sport M/T) -- $13,795 MSRP
    b) M3S I A (i Sport A/T) -- $14,695 MSRP

MAZDA3i Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S ITR P (i Touring M/T) -- $16,155 MSRP
    b) M3S ITR A (i Touring A/T) -- $17,055 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    AC1 -- Manual Air Conditioner with Pollen Filter and Ambient (Outside) Temperature -- $880 MSRP
    1AB -- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System with EBD & Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains -- $395 MSRP

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Air Conditioning, Power Door Locks/Windows/Mirrors, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, Driver's Seat Tilt/Height/Lumbar, 16" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with 205/55VR16 Tires, Front Tweeter (2) Speakers, Ambient Temperature Display, Steering Wheel Mounted Audio/Cruise Controls.

2007 MAZDA3s (2.3L 4-Door)

MAZDA3s Sport 4-Door
    a) M3S S P (s Sport M/T) -- $17,090 MSRP
    b) M3S S A (s Sport A/T) -- $18,040 MSRP

MAZDA3s Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S STR P (s Touring M/T) -- $18,325 MSRP
    b) M3S STR A (s Touring A/T) -- $19,275 MSRP

MAZDA 3s Grand Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S SGT P (s Grand Touring M/T) -- $19,795 MSRP
    b) M3S SGT A (s Grand Touring A/T) -- $20,745 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    2AB -- Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains
    2MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, and BOSE Audio -- $1,335 MSRP
    LS1 -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- $590 MSRP
    NV1 -- Navigation System -- $1,750 MSRP
    *JCP -- $200 paint charge for Crystal White Pearl (34K)

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains (2AB) and Dynamic stability control (DSC) and Traction Control (TCS).

Grand Touring Model Includes: Touring Model equipment plus (LS1) leather trimmed seats, heated seats (driver & front passenger), automatic climate control driving information system (trip computer), auto on/off headlights, rain-sensing front windshield wipers, Xenon HID Headlights with Manual Leveling, Theft-Deterrent Security System, LED rear combination taillights.

2007 MAZDASPEED3

MAZDASPEED3
    a) MP3 SSP P (MAZDASPEED3 Sport) -- $22,240 MSRP
    b) MP3 SGT P (MAZDASPEED3 Grand Touring) -- $23,955 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    LS1 (BP9) -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- Available as STD on Grand Touring ONLY
    NV1 -- Navigation System (Available on Grand Touring) -- $1,715 MSRP

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Grand Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus leather seat bolsters, BOSE audio system with 7 speakers and 6CD changer, Xenon headlamps, LED tail lights, rain sensing front wipers, auto on/off headlamps, driving information system (trip computer), and anti theft alarm.

The dealers have told me that the MAZDA3s 5-Doors will be arriving in 1-2 weeks. There have already been reports of these on the lot, so check with your local dealer.

The MAZDA3i and the MAZDA3s 4-Doors are also on their way and should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks (or less).
  • thor19thor19 Posts: 2
    I just drove a 2007 Mazda 3 4dr I touring 5spd. It was shimmering silver metalic, ABS, Moon Roof, 6-cd side airbags, spoiler. Was a nice ride and very sharp looking.
    I would buy it right now, but I'm waiting for some colors to show up. They are being very tight on showing us what phantom blue or purple looks like. The dealer can't even show me the new colors on paper on online. I've searched myself and can only see gray. Anyone have a spot to see these new colors?
    Thanks
    -Thor
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Phantom Blue is a color currently used on the Mazda5, which your dealer should have, unless he is out.

Phantom Purple I believe is the replacement for Strato Blue, I have yet to see the color. On the Mazda color sheet, it looks like a plum, or a raisin.

Aurora Blue is very close to the Lapis Blue found on 2003-2006 Mazda6.

Galaxy Gray is on the 06 MX-5, 07 CX-7. Dealers should have those in stock.

True Red is found on the 06 MX-5

Ice Blue is also found on the CX-7, your local dealer may or may not have that in stock.

Crystal White is the replacement for White Water Pearl.
    This is the Phantom Purple:
  • thor19thor19 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I like the phantom purple and the Aurora blue. I need to see the Phantom Blue to make my choice. :shades:
  • cleve57cleve57 Posts: 1
    I'm considering the purchase of a 2007 sedan with the 2.3 and automatic. The local dealers inventory search seem to indicate that the 2007 will require Premium Fuel. The following link seems to agree. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23183.shtml
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Based on the link you posted, I think those numbers refer to the Mazdaspeed 3 rather than the regular Mazda3. It mentions a turbocharged engine, and the estimated mileage (20/28) is equivalent to the numbers I've seen posted for the Mazdaspeed.

The regular sedan or hatchback should use regular fuel.
  • v_dv_d Posts: 89
    nice nice nice new rims... got more pics?
    thx
  • karend3karend3 Posts: 7
    :) The first official info I've come across for the 2007 Mazda's is on their official site: www.mazdausa.com
    -click tab "INSIDE MAZDA"
    -click on "News from Mazda" from dropdown menu
    -click on "View News from Mazda" arrow, on right-hand side
    -Click "Product" tab along the top
    -then click on specific model you want
    I clicked on Mazda 3 and a page came up with into titled "2007 Mazda Mazda 3 Overview"
  • ptchangptchang Posts: 7
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this information has been up at that "Ford" page for at least 6 months.

I am still waiting for NEW information on the Mazda website.
  • v_dv_d Posts: 89
    they`re really slow on this.. really slow... Mazda Canada doesn`t even have a News section, should i guess they don`t really care or what? :confuse:
  • Thanks for starting this. I'm waiting for the 07's - been told by multiple dealers "end of August".
    Anyone know if they will charge extra for the white as they did on the 06? Dealers unwilling to answer that one.
  • This is my first posting to Edmunds. I didnt know if I should have clicked "respond" or "start a new thread" but here goes. First, I must add my thanks for starting a 2007 thread. Like many of you, Ive had a very hard time finding info on the '07 models. This thread is perrfect!
    Here is my question/concern: We are ready to buy but the problem is color. I, and especially my wife, do not like metallic colors. And the Mazda micas are ultra metallic looking. (I know, we're the minority, most love metallic.) Are there any colors besides the true red that are not metallic? We'd buy this instant if we could find a regular white or black. It's important enough to my wife that it could kill the whole deal and send us looking at a Honda Fit again--despite the fact that they are adding a grand to the MSRP(trying to add $2K.) Or, we might look at a 2005 model.
    Any suggestions?
  • I spoke to a dealer today and he said he had 12 come in late last week and they sold 6 over the weekend. He says the grey is the hot color (not what I'm looking for).
    So - sounds like they are hitting the dealerships - I'm in No. Ca. I understand they have a plant in Irvine, Ca. so we may be seeing them a little earlier here on the West coast.
  • karend3karend3 Posts: 7
    Anyone know if the blue/black sport seats are still available like in the 06? I never liked the red/black I was always seeing, but never actually saw the blue seat in person. Anyone seen then or has them and want to commnet about them - do you like them?
    I never liked the red/blue coloring on the seats either. I got a 2007 Mazda 3i Touring and the seats are black with a touch of gray on the seats and on the cloth above the door handles. They look much better than the funky blue/red. I know they're offering the gray this year in addition to the blue/red because it's more traditional and less faux sporty.
This discussion has been closed.