Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
Whether it's the coupe/convertible or sedan, share your G6 purchase experience here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Pontiac G6. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi Car_man. I need the residual and money factor for a 36mos. 12/15k smartbuy on a G6 GT sedan. Also, I saw $4,000 smartbuy cash back advertised in the Chicago area. Do you know if that is correct?

Thanks.
  • Here you go regal1994. If you were to lease a 2006 Pontiac G6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.0% and 53%, respectively. The 12,000 miles per year residual value for an otherwise identical lease would be 56%. As you can see GMAC publishes what are known in the industry as lease rates instead of the lease money factors that most other banks publish for vehicles. You can convert GMAC's lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. GM is providing $500 lease cash on this car, but the "SmartBuy" cash that you mentioned would only be available on GMAC "SmartBuy" aka balloon note contracts.

Car_man
    Host
  • Just picked up my G6 today. I just wanted to ask if my monthly lease payments are in the ballpark with everyone else. It's a 2006 6cyl sedan (3.5L), AP3-remote vehicle starter, PCH-premium value package Alloy wheels, 6 disc cd , sunroof, power tilt and slide, PDD-conveniance package power adj pedals, floor mats, cargo net, T43-rear spoiler, JL9- 4 wheel anti-lock brks w/ traction contrl. Adj cap cost was $21361.51, trade-in $1000, And $1000 cash. This included 1st month payment, registration fee, and a few other items. Bottom line $279.49. Does this sound OK?
  • Hi motcrue68. I would be happy to give you my opinion on your deal if you let me know what this car's full MSRP (including the destination charge) is. This is an important number because it will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given and will help me to calculate a lease payment on the car that you got.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_man. I was curious if you could give me the lease residual and factor for a 42 month lease for a Pontiac G6 6 cyl with 4 wheel disc breaks, Premium Value Package with Sunroof, Convinience Package, and remote start. Can you use the "Red Tag Price", which GMbuypower.com quotes for this vehicle at $19623, for a lease?

Thanks,
    robertkaleal
  • Hello robertkaleal. I haven't seen GM's lease program for a 42 month lease of this car, but I suspect that it is some slight modification of its 36 or 48 month lease program. If you were to lease any 2006 Pontiac G6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.0% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be 4.0% and 44%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be on the car that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • fin1581fin1581 Posts: 12
    Hi Carman,

I was looking at a lease for a G6 GT coupe with the Premium Value package. The MSRP is $22940, including a $625 destination fee. I will be purchasing the vehicle with GM Employee pricing, which I thought was 4% below invoice but, please, correct me if I'm wrong. If I am correct, this leaves the selling price at $20717-$500 rebate= $20217. I am looking at a 36 month/36,000 mile lease with no money down(except first payment) and taxes rolled into the payments. Could you please give me the residual value and money factor(4% APR still?) for this vehicle? Another question was if any fees are waived with GM Employee pricing? If you could also include the 36month/15K per year numbers, that would be great. Thanks.
  • fin1581fin1581 Posts: 12
    Well, Carman looks to be a bit busy so does anyone else out there know what the residual and money factor on this vehicle would be? Also, I talked to a salesman and she said that GM employee pricing is 13% off sticker, not 4% below invoice....is this correct? And she also said that there is no way for her to tell me what the money factor is until the contract is written up? Is this some BS?
    -Fin
  • Hi. I hope Carman does answer your question. If he does, if he, or someone else could answer mine that would be nice. I am thinking of leasing an 06 G6 GTP w 6 speed, leather and side airbags. I should be able to get the GM employee "friend" pricing. (Not the employee relative pricing which is a steeper discount.) If someone knows the pricing please let me know.
    Also, if anyone knows the current Northeast Lease "rates" for the 06 G6 please help me there. I would like to know the residual and the interest rate for leases from 24 to 36 months.

GM just extend the g6's $500.00 rebate to 3/31/06 by the way.
  • Hi fin1581. I was under the impression that General Motors' employee purchase price was equivalent to dealer invoice minus dealer holdback, any advertising charges, and any available cash incentives. While this is definitely below invoice, it's probably not always 4% below. Another problem with your estimated price is that the $500 incentive that you mentioned is not available on leases through GMAC. GM's customer cash incentives are often not compatible with its special lease program. It sometimes has other cash incentives for leases, but not on the '06 G6 Coupe at this time.

As far as this car's lease program goes, if you were to lease any 2006 Pontiac G6 through General Motors Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.35% and 56%, respectively. This car's 15,000 miles per year residual value would be 3% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mercb230coupe. The 36 month lease program for the car that you are interested in should be the same as the numbers that I just posted in my previous message. GMAC's 24 month, 15,000 mile per year base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2006 Pontiac G6 should currently be 4.35% and 62%, respectively. While GM's normal customer cash incentives are not available on leases, it is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases on of '06 G6 Sedan V6 sedan models through GMAC right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • waynelkwaynelk Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if there is a penalty or additional fee for ending a smartbuy contract and paying off the balance early?
  • Car Man,
    Just finished discussing a "smart buy" purchase on a 2006 G6 4CYL WITH 7MILES FOR with $4200 in rebates. I informed the sales rep I wanted to buy it out right. She said I can put any amount down, lease it for 3 months and call them after 3 months to change it to a full buy. What is the cost to me?? This sounds too good to be true. I have never leased before and I don't want to end up paying more than what I am being quoted.
    Thanks.
  • waynelkwaynelk Posts: 5
    I am in the same boat except my deal was on a Cobalt, with $1800 smartbuy rebate. I was told I could pay it off,(1 month minium) with no penalty.Would cost about $50 in interest but still a good deal if it is possible. What makes me nervous is interest on $12,637 finance amount is $3,674 if I go the full 48 months (I.E. if it can't be paid off) Thats the reason I posted originally was to see if anyone knew the answer or had done it. Still haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone who knows.
    Thanks Wayne
  • Is there a way to find the best possible G6 lease (deal) in a particular city - such as in the Minneapolis area? I'm not very good at understanding the percentages discussed in the previous thread. I will lease at whatever length is necessary to get a good deal. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi wayzatapop. Negotiating a good lease is not nearly as difficult as it sounds. All you have to do is negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the car that you want and then make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GM's base lease program to calculate your lease payment. Given the current market for this car, if you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business I don't think that you will have much trouble leasing this car for close to dealer invoice. You can find the invoice price of this car by looking it up in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com New Vehicle Pricing. Once you know how much you want to pay, just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 5.0% for 2006 Pontiac G6 4-cylinder models and 3.7% for G6 6-cylinder models to calculate your car's lease payment. If you would like, stop back in this discussion before you finalize your deal and I will be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • curiousfcuriousf Posts: 2
    Would just like to know what to watch for when leasing.interest rate and do you also know what the residual is after 3 yr leasing on G6 Convertible GT
  • martymartmartymart Posts: 23
    The 15k residual for 36 months is 53. It does go up for 12k miles. If you extend the term to 39 months, it does drop by a point. The current rate is about 5% on the lease, so watch out and ask the salesman what the rate is when buying.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello curiousf. I can give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like. If you were to lease a 2006 Pontiac G6 Convertible through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.95% and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums