Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ackermanackerman Posts: 12
    Please advise 2008 G6 GT 36 and 39 Month Lease information including 10K and 12K Mile Residuals, Interest Rate and all applicable Rebates.
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, ackerman. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 55%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $300 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • What would the current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease on both a 2007 and 2008 Pontiac G6 GT be with 15,000 miles? I believe there is an extra $500 allowance on the 2007, are there any other incentives I should be aware of? I'm in Kansas and would be trading in a non GM vehicle.

Thank you
  • Greetings mearly. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT with 15,000 miles per year are 2.35% and 52%, respectively. I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • just to add to your great advice, don't ever, ever admit that you are trading your old vehicle. Our credit union teaches three separate transactions, New vehicle itself, financing (preapproved credit union is best) then after all is done then talk trade, or better yet sell yourself. People are always looking for good used cars from private sellers.
  • Hello,

Can anyone provide the current money factors and residuals for the 2008 and 2007 G6 sedan for 24 & 36 months with 12K miles per year? Is GM currently offering any lease support on similiar models?

Thanks!!
  • Hi tripowergto. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 without the SV package with 12,000 miles per year are 2.35% and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.35% and 55%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. One can convert lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So, a lease rate of 2.35% would be equal to a money factor of around .00098. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models, but it does have support on most '08 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man!

I'm planning to lease or buy a G6 in the next two weeks. My credit's not great so I think I'm going to have to buy instead of leasing. I'm thinking the SmartBuy will be my option. I was trying to figure out what my payment would be with the employee discount and 2000.00 down. I may get 500.00 for my trade. The MSRP is 26,455. I couldn't come up with anything realistic, I don't think I understand how to calculate it. I see the offer here in Michigan in 2000 cash back, is this for a buy only? Help!
  • Thanks Car man. Luckily I was able to negotiate my best lease deal before all the best incentives ran out on 1/31. Here's my deal:

I finally purchased my G6 lease on 1/30 after shopping nearly a dozen dealerships over a three week period. I secured the exact optioned car I wanted at best possible price with all available incentives included(most expired 1/31)

Here's the pricing breakdown:

2008 Pontiac G6 sedan midnight blue metallic with V6 performance sport package, preferred package, sun & sound package and chrome appearance package.

GMAC 39 month smartlease with 12K miles per year.

MSRP $23,330
    Capitalized Cost $22,777

Discounts:

Dealer Cash $874.
    GM Card Top-Off $3043.
    GM Loyalty Lease $500.
    GMAC Lease Cash $300. + 3.3% w/no security deposit
    97 GP GTP Trade $1800. 109K loaded & nice but some issues

Total discounts $6517

I made my 1st payment + basic DOC fees total of $288, with 38 remaining payments of $158.73 for a brand new, well optioned V6 G6. Optional end of lease purchase price is $12,868. THANKS for a KILLER deal GM!!!!
  • Just purchased a 2008 G6 Convertible yesterday. MSRP was 33,055. Got the Family discount and another 2000 off because of the pontiac promotion. Total before tax and tags cost me about 28.100 Not to shabby for G6 with Sport, Performance and Chrome package and the White Diamond Tricoat paint.
  • Hey! Would it be possible to quote me an approx lease price for a 2008 G6 Base with preferred package, sun and sound package, and XM satellite radio (total MSRP $22,290)? I live in Cuyahoga County, OH (8.5% tax, I believe) and would be indifferent to a 36 or 39 month lease and need 12,000 miles per year. I currently lease a GM vehicle and would retain that lease when I got this vehicle. I saw above that the rate was 3% but I wasn't sure that was for Ohio and I wasn't sure if the 56% residual quoted above was correct or not. I am also unsure of total incentives available.

Thanks much
  • njblokenjbloke Posts: 6
    Hi

This forum is excellent.

I am looking for the current money factors and residuals for a 2008 G6 convertible for 36 months with either 10K or 12K miles per year. Is GM currently offering any lease incentives? Also, about how much over invoice (including destination) should I be aiming for?

I don't know if this matters, but I have excellent credit (high 700/low 800).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi nishkiara. Unfortunately, because they are so much less popular than lease programs I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' balloon note programs. GMAC's SmartBuy program is very similar to its lease program. I don't see why you would approved for it and not for a lease. In general GMAC is fairly lenient in who it allows to lease vehicles. Unless your credit is absolutely destroyed, I would not be surprised if they did approve you for a lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, tripowergto. Congratulations on getting such a ridiculously low payment on your G6. Thanks for stopping back and letting us all know how everything turned out. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, robertkaleal. You never mentioned what this car's selling price is, so I am going to have to make an assumption to calculate a lease payment on it. The car that you described has a spread of right around $1,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, GM is providing $500 lease cash on it right now. That gives you a total of $1,900 to play with during negotiations. I will assume a $1,500 discount for this exercise. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2008 Pontiac G6 that has an MSRP of $22,290 and a selling price of $20,790 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $278. I used a lease rate of 2.95% and a residual value of 55% to calculate this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome njbloke. I;m glad that you like this forum so much. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are 2.95% and 55%, respectively. The lease rate for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 57%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 2.95% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00123. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that GM is currently providing on it into account. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice prior to the reduction of the $500 lease cash, or slightly under invoice with it.

Car_man
    Host
  • njblokenjbloke Posts: 6
    Thank you for this valuable information.

You mentioned that there is 500 customer cash back on the lease, but when building the car on Pontiacs website, you get 2500 cash back. Is this only applicable to purchases?

In addition, how much does the money factor/residual change if the lease is increased 3 months to 39 months?

Lastly, how should one approach leasing a left-over 2007? How much under invoice should one aim for, and would the lease programs be the same regardless of model year?

Thanks again.
  • I leased my car in April 2007. I immediately notified the dealership regarding air noise coming from the panoramic sunroof. They tell me nothing can be done about it. The noise level has increased so much, that I hate getting in my car everyday. I want to be released from my lease which doesn't expire until April 2010. Is there anyway that can happen?
    Hi nooesangel. I would try taking your car to a different dealership's service department. You may find that they will be more willing to work with you or have better luck fixing your car's noise problem. Unless you can get your car declared a lemon and bought back using the lemon law, it is unlikely that you will be able to get out of your car this far from the scheduled end date of your lease without spending a lot of money.

In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • rolstonbrolstonb Posts: 1
    msrp 20,740. Was going to just test-drive but the manager gave me the "deal you can't pass up". I was intrigued and in the end he sold me, with all rebates and other dealer "discounts" down to 15k+. Out the door for $16,600 including Tax, title and license in NW Indiana.

dark gray with 2.4 4 cyl. engine, preferred package, xm satellite radio, remote starter and floor mats.

Felt then and still feel like I got a solid deal on a solid car. Still feel the same after reading the other posts. Good luck all!