Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• ocmike3ocmike3 Posts: 232
    Sorry to hear that the dealers sound like stinkers in your area... I've had good luck here in the NW. Another thought is - if your Credit Union or bank has an auto-broker, they can often get a good deal (invoice plus a few hundred minus any rebates and discounts).
  • dblducedblduce Posts: 58
    How many did the dealer seem to have on the lot? IF you are unsure whether to purchase now or wait, it might be a good idea to wait for another couple of months. Once fall/winter starts, they'll probably be slashing the price to make room for the "winter" vehicles, as well as the 07's.
  • hduck1hduck1 Posts: 19
    There are two on the lot, Black with black interior, and white with Nav package and tan interior. I really like the white model and it has everything going for it except the tan interior (I can already see dirt on the arm rest possibly from the service people driving it around on the lot). Black is not an option for me having had a new 89 Grand Am and having to spend so muc time trying to keep it clean. Both are 06. I'm counting the days for the 07s to come out if only to motivate them to get the 06s moving, or to get an 07 with a dark interior.

Patience is a virtue
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi aclark4871. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2005 models. As a result, you probably cannot lease one through GMAC. You might be able to lease one through an independent bank, but its residual values are so low at this point and its lease rates will be pretty high without lease support. This will make it fairly expensive to lease, probably more expensive than a similar 2006 model. I can give you an idea of what GMAC's current lease program for the '06 Vibe is like if you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dman090dman090 Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the current money factor for a lease on an 06 Grand Prix? Looking to price it out for research. I'm in the Wisconsin area.

Thanks
  • After a couple of months lookig and learning about the GXP, I gave up on the car of my dreams. Been reading about the tire/brake wear, etc and as much as I wanted it, I decided on an 06 GT. It's loaded including NAV. It didn't have XM but I made the dealer throw it in as an add on for the deal to be done. Drove out for 27K.

I've been having a few headaches though...

One of the back doors wouldn't close properly - fixed

The Onstar mic was non-op and a module has to be ordered.

Slight alignment problem on the hood - fixed

Dealer here adds alarms on every car, naturally it didn't work. That irks me because I hate having something added to the system - naturally it malfunctioned and had to be fixed -not Pontiacs issue.

One question, does the NAV unit use the same mic system as the Onstar. Its not recognzing commands
  • Hi dman090. Unfortunately General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 Pontiac models. As a result, if you want to lease one you will have to do so through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • medoe80medoe80 Posts: 1
    This is my second Pontiac, my first one being a 98 GTP, I decided that I would stick with the Pontiac family and go with a G6. However, I'm not a car person at all- but I figured, I would check out the used car inventory at some local dealerships.

I ran into a 2007 Grand Prix GT, 7,900 miles, clean carfax report, lots of options, leather seating, 17-in rims, supercharged, sound system with amplifier, for $20,895. The original sticker was $27,750. I didn't want the supercharged option anymore since I had trouble with it with my previous car (had it replaced at 143K miles, but I figued I wouldn't have this car as long). I took it out for a drive and loved it just as much as my other Grand Prix (I was really attached it to it, but it started giving me problems). Another reason a "used" car was appealing to me was because GMAC was offering 2.9%/60 months for used Grand Prix's.

A friend of mine was concerned about it being a rental vehicle prior, but the car was in the rental fleet based out of Florida (which doesn't mean much) from Dec 2006 to June 2007, and registered 262 engine hours. He gave me the usual "you know people treat these cars like dirt." My attitude was: It still has its warranty (36K and 100K). Plus, I really couldn't afford a car with what I wanted (fully loaded).

I finally took the car with a base price of $19,600. I put $6,000 down, my monthly payment is $269. I think the price we agreed upon was a really great deal. The only thing I joke about is that the mirror is a standard flip-mirror, not auto-dim: "it's almost fully loaded except for the rear-view mirror" (haha)

I've had it for two weeks now and I'm not completely crazy about it (a car is a car) but everyone loves it.

I'll probably need to take it in to the dealership to have the sunroof readjusted; on the highway (above 70 mph)- it sounds like it's not closed all the way- lots of "air" sound; my previous sunroof didn't make that sound. Plus, when the car starts for the first time (cold start), when it idles, it makes a ticking-sound. My brother, who is knowledgeable with cars says it more than likely the just the sound of the valves (his GM trucks do the same thing). After you drive less than 10 seconds worth, it goes away.
  • ddeliseddelise Posts: 339
    Hello -

Can you provide the 36 month money factor, 12k miles/yr residual, and lease $ incentives for the 2008 GXP?

Also, what is the current GMAC acquisition fee?

This is for Florida.

Thanks - Damon
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,881

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hello Damon. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 55%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' monthly payments. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. I believe that GMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. GM is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
2»
This discussion has been closed.