Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Trooper Maintenance and Repair

1789101113»

Comments

• Hi everyone,

I have a '99 Isuzu Trooper and the rear end has been bottoming out big time. I replaced the rear shocks but that didn't help much at all. I took it to another mechanic and he recommended that I replace the FRONT shocks. Does that sound right? Could it be anything else?

Thanks..
  • wagjawwagjaw Posts: 2
    Just started to get this on my '99 Trooper. Not got it diagnosed yet, but was suspecting rear shocks - will proceed with care as this did not solve your issue. If you figure it out, please follow up (as will I, if I can figure it).
  • wagjawwagjaw Posts: 2
    Lifter noise - solved with heavier (10-30) synthetic on my Trooper - been using it for about 25K with great results. Does not consume any faster than thinner oil - for those worrying about the return path to the sump. Suggested by former Isuzu mech.
  • hp1234hp1234 Posts: 8
    I've got the P0300 code for a month now and had not been able to figure out what's causing it. I've replaced the EGR valve and cleaned the EGR port behind the throttle body (it was not clogged BTW). My mechanic has replaced the manifold gasket and one of the fuel injector and suggested that the throttle body needs to be replaced as well. I bought a used throttle body from junk yard and installed it but did not help. Has anyone run into the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks.
  • Hi ive got a 1998 tropper 3.1 deisal, after doing a 700 mile round trip I noticed that the fuel gage stays live when switched off and at the same time ive been having trouble starting her hot or cold, she also drops in reves to the point of cutting out when stoped at traffic lights ect, but comes back up again on its own when left

anyone got any ideas
  • does anyone know will a 99 trooper front clip (complete clip) fit my 95 trooper PLEASE HELP
  • joebonejoebone Posts: 1

I have a 96 Trooper. there is a parasitic battery drain. when I connect or disconnect the negative battery post I hear a clicking coming from underneath the gear shift lever, or above the transmission. something is remaining engaged . any ideas ?

• swharrellswharrell Posts: 6

My 1998 Trooper shuts itself off just like you turn off the key when you put it in drive or reverse, then proceed ten feet or more ! It does not shut its self off when in park or neutral and you gun the engine

Its an auto / four wheel .... 1st mechanic put a new alternator in ... that was not the problem It has been with a 2nd mechanic for almost two weeks with no word on a solution

1789101113»