Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 2007

leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
edited April 2014 in Toyota
2007 Rav4 do u think they will have bluetooth service for the 07 Rav4? can anyone tell me? i hve been looking for bluetooth service cheap suv w/ good mileage. i hope 2007 Rav4 or 2007 CR-V will have this feature add on. In addition, does anyone know when will be the 07 model out?

Comments

• jimd4jimd4 Member Posts: 877
    2007 INFO LATE AUGUST, CARS ON LOT IN OCTOBER...SO THE STORY GOES FROM MY DEALER. NO IDEA ON BLUETOOTH. Apparently you can buy bluetooth kit for RAV4 for 100 at Amazon etc.

SEE LINK
    http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_toyota.asp
  • leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
    Tkz for your infor. But i had one more question, if i buy the bluetooth from Amazonor other store, is it hard to install it? Or if i install myself, will it mess up the warranty? Thanks.
  • mariewoemariewoe Member Posts: 6
    At the autospectator website, they indicate bluetooth will be an option. Here is the info they posted about the 2007 RAV4:

The RAV4 Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) adds interior and safety enhancements for 2007. All models receive driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and two row side curtain airbags with roll-over sensor as standard equipment. Inside, the RAV4 is now available, as an option, with a JBL audio system with Bluetooth(R) capability and steering wheel mounted controls. RAV4 2WD models carry a base MSRP that ranges from $20,850 for the base grade four-cylinder to $25,020 for the Limited V6. The base MSRP for the RAV4 4WD ranges from $22,250 for the base grade with a four-cylinder to $26,420 for the Limited V6. Total RAV4 average MSRP increases $550 or 2.4 percent.
  • wstevecwstevec Member Posts: 126
    Hi, does any one know if and when a hybrid version of Rav 4 will be available, if so, any details? Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Tkz. Mariewoe!! I am very interest to get a new rav4 after reading your post!!
  • sergioasergioa Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where I can get the harness for the electrical connection of the trailer (tow hitch wire harness)for the 2007 RAV4? The 2007 RAV4 uses led at the brake lights, and nobody knows how to wire the trailer hitch.
    Thanks.
    Well I did not know the 2007 was out there yet. But the 2006 has LED lights also. You can get the OEM harness with module from Toyota ($132)+ install or a T-Conn Modulite Harness from many net places (e-trailer) for about $60 and install it your self. Lots of info on the web on how to do it. I am not allowed to tell you about other sites or Mr. Edmunds gets his nose out of joint. But look around.
    Good luck.
  • tmc1688tmc1688 Member Posts: 28
    Hi all! I'm in the market to buy a RAV4 V6. However, there is a question that comes to mind. Is there a straight line acceleration difference between the 2WD and 4WD?

I tend to think the performance would be better on the 4WD because of this statement I read in the edmunds full test drive.

(The available four-wheel-drive system operates in front-drive mode for optimum fuel-efficiency until a situation (such as quick acceleration from a stop or while driving on slippery roads) demands four-wheel drive, at which point up to 45 percent of the torque is transferred to the rear wheels. A "4WD Lock" switch allows one to manually select that maximum torque output to the rear wheels. )

What do you all think?
    Ok folks, if you go to the Toyota web site and do a build and buy you will find that the 2006 has been replaced by the 2007 RAV4. At least for my zip code in NY.

The only real change I see is bluetooth with JBL is available and side curtain bags seem to be standard on everything. And mentions SAT radio avialable late fall 2006.

I don't see any real change in price for me since the side curtain bags are now in the price. Also do not see Flint Mica as a color in some regions...strange. Actually I have never seen a Flint Mica Sport listed at Fitzmall now that I think about it. Crazy.

But Toyota makes it hard still as it says JBL not available in my zip code....... May have to go to Fitzmall afterall.

It is interesting that two months ago my dealer and Toyota home said 2007 info late August, cars on lot in Oct. I guess this is late August!

• jeffworkjeffwork Member Posts: 20
    I live in Iowa, midwest region still shows up with the 2006 model.
  • mariewoemariewoe Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately I still get the 2006 information when I do that, and I have tried many different zip codes. What zip did you use?
    tkz for your infor jimd4. i live in NY area also. I am still debating 2007 Rav4 or 07 new CR-V. I like the JBL bluetooth feature. Donno CR-V has it or not? But I know CR-V had Nav. system.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "But I know CR-V had Nav. system."

The current CR-V doesn't have Nav. It is unknown if the 2007 will have this.
    I am in NY. The Toyota site is a little messed up but 2007 info is there. If you go www.toyota.com (no zip code entry yet) and then select SUV and get to RAV4 you will see all info for 2007 including basic truck and options. If you then go to e-brochure you can downlonad general e-brochure and should be able to get an e-brochure for your area. From that you can see what options your region will bring in. From that you can see the prices also. In my case for example, Sport does not get JBL for NY! (In 2006 it was no side curtain bags in NY!)
    I have looked at e-brochures for several regions so I think it is all there.
    I think it was late last Friday I could do a build and buy and get 2007 but since then it again shows 2006.

The changes for 2007 are very small. Side curtain bags are standard on all models, JBL with bluetooth/Satellite radio is availalbe (but JBL it seems only on some models in some areas etc.) Also I see body side modlings as and accessory now.

Prices are really not changed much if you count the side bags in the basic price now. And JBL cost is up some due to bluetooth I guess.

If you go to www.fitzmall.com you will see they are showing some 2007 RAV4s as "coming in". My guess is in a month they will be in everywhere.

Good luck!
  • jeffworkjeffwork Member Posts: 20
    I'm in IA. This morning the Toyota site shows 2007. It was still 2006 just yesterday. Edmunds does not have the pricing/invoice for the 2007's yet.
    Well I worked out the MSRP for the 2007 Sport using the Toyota web site numbers and for a loaded Sport the MSRP seems to be $45 less in 2007 than in 2006 if you consider the side curtain bags as on both cars as option in 2006 and standard in 2007.

And yes it shows 2007 in "build and buy " now for my zip. And the new body side moldings seem to have disappeared this week from accessories!

And it is hard to win with Toyota! Last year no side curtain bags on Sport in NY. This year no JBL on Sport in NY.
    If you look at Toyota build and buy in the SE region (zip 34423) you will see two hundred and two 2007 RAV4s on the way with the first arriving 9/2/06
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently went away from purchasing a Ford and decided on a Toyota, Honda or Nissan vehicle instead. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • lolu13lolu13 Member Posts: 19
    I am going to buy one of these vehicles. I thought that by getting info from experts like you would be a good place to start. Can you all please give me your opinions on the 2? What is very important to me is that I have leather and a moonroof and I would stick with a V4 for the better gas mileage.

Thanks.
    Well the RAV4 has a V6, both cars have an inline 4 as base.

Read posts here and on other sites, there are hundreds of inputs on this site on buying experience site and RAV4 2006. The RAV4 V6 highway miles EPA are the same or better than the I4. No idea on CR-V yet. 07 and 06 RAV are almost identical except side curtain airbags are standard for 2007 and blue tooth/sirius is an option with hight end JBL stereo in 2007. 2007 RAV4s may be at some dealers this week.
  • jak3jak3 Member Posts: 2
    The Rav4 2007 V6 is the best way to go if you have a little extra money to buy it over the inline4. I have a 2007 Rav4 Sport V6 with everything on it from the towprep, bluetooth, to the moonroof, tonneau cover, and upgraded stereo. I think the only thing it does not have is the RavLimited leather seats.

Alot of people want the color black but if you look at the rav it has dark shaded back windows with black window moldings that when you add in the black color on the rav4 it seems to hide the nice lines the rav4 has. I took silver and with chrome rims and the extra black accessories it looks really great. The V6 is the way to go, my rav4 v6 has no delay in acceleration, it is fast. And I can confirm that even through my first 500 miles I tracked my mileage and when I filled up I got 12 gallons of gas and had gone 315 miles(26.5 mpg) this is going up into the mountains and coming down, and using A/C, with some cruise control but averaging around 65 mph. So, I am sure the rav4 v6 2007 could get around 28 on a regular stretch of road not blasting the A/C. I really like the rav4 2007, it has everything and is very comfortable. The only thing I could do without is the SpareTire on the back of the vehicle. I think they could have put that in a space where the tonneau cover goes, making it a litle bigger for the fit. The Silver color is really great. Classy and Sporty. Just wish there was an option for dark forest green maybe then I would have thought about getting it in green. Black colored Rav4s are ok but you dont really notice the fender flares are much in black as they dont stick out as much as a Tacoma Truck or such.

Also side curtain airbags are not standard at least not when I bought my 2007 it was around an extra $600 MSRP.
  • petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    "Also side curtain airbags are not standard at least not when I bought my 2007 it was around an extra $600 MSRP"

I thought 6 airbags were standard on all 2007 models. They are in Canada. Although very subjective, I think black is the nicest colour for the RAV. That said I wouldn't buy another black vehicle, very high maintenance, shows every little paint imperfection and seems to get dirty very quickly. Like the song says "black cars look better in the shade".
  • lolu13lolu13 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for everyone's input. I will lbe reading as much as possible here in the forums to help me make a decision. THis place is great for insight that the dealers don't tell you!
  • jak3jak3 Member Posts: 2
    Well, black is a great color but like said above every scratch shows. As to the CR-V and the 07 Rav4 if you do decide on the Rav4 go with the V6 not the inline4 you will not regret it. I know that my Rav4 2007 with V6 is very fast, and it is very quiet. I was actually very surprised how quiet it was. I test drove 2 Rav4 inline4s and the V6 is far superior, yes it does cost a little more, but i know i get around 25-26 mpg avrg using A/C going up through the moutains with minimal cruise control. If I was out of the mountains I am sure I could get 28 but I will have to test it when I get a chance.

Does anyone know if there are chrome tube stepside for the 2007 yet from toyota?
  • b10609b10609 Member Posts: 37
    I'm going to be shopping with my wife to replace her 03 Forester. Another story but she'll take one look at the back tire mount on the '07 RAV4 and head for the Honda guys for sure since they got rid of the tire and backward opening door on the '06 CRV. I would like to see her in a Toyota but those guys can't shake off the spare. Any others out there see the value of the Toyota approach or is it the slow moving giant nowadays. -Waterlooimage
  • heavensoldierheavensoldier Member Posts: 61
    I dislike the tire on the Rav4 also, is there anyway to get the rav7 2007 without it? Also is the rav4 2007 very roomy inside?
    Yes lots of room inside, big storage area under the floor and God forbid you get a flat in the hinterlands, you don't have to lay under the truck to take a 100# spare tire out like most SUVs
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Isn't the FJ Cruiser the only other Toyota in North America displaying the spare?

The Mitsubishi Montero, Suzuki Grand Vitara and XL-7 and MB G-wagen (I guess that's still sold here) are the others I can find. The Honda CR-V dropped it for 2007.

So, out of ~89 SUVs being sold in the US, 6 have the spare hanging off the back (link). Any more?
  • happyharryhappyharry Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone know if Toyota has rectified the RAV4 2006 torque steer problem due to too powerful V6 engine for their 2007 V6 models? :confuse:
    As best I can find out the 2006 and 2007 are identical except side curtain bags are standard and JBL has bluetooth and Sat radio compatibility.

I doubt very much that Toyota made any fixes to the 2007 at what is really a half year+ of production.

I have driven several 2006 v6 Ravs and I thought the torgue steer is something you get used to pretty fast unless you are going to floor it at every traffic light. You do have to pay attention at highway speed if you make a hard accel so you stay in lane but I think that would be a natural thing.

It is funny that at other sites some people claim there is no torgue steer!
  • happyharryhappyharry Member Posts: 22
    People interested in how torque steer can affect Driving safety can refer to the following article:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jm/07mazdaspeed3.htm

Had the opportunity of test-driving the Rav4 V6 model during early Spring this year on snow/slippery road condition and I found it takes more than "getting used to" in properly controlling a vehicle with an out-of-proportion power-weight ratio vehicle. Being a mechanical engineer for 25 years I know how important it is to have balanced design on any machinery without over-emphasis on certain design-element of the machine, and there is no reason for anyone to risk their safety in driving an improperly designed vehicle, not to mention if that particular someone is your beloved family member.

We can't expect any "other people claimed there is no torque steer at other sites" to be valid statement every time as opinion's validity lies with individual's technical knowledge, keen observation and analytical capacity.

Severe competition lately in auto industry drives auto-makers to push out new models without detail engineering their products, and sharing valid information prior to vehicle purchase instead of subsequent regret is one of virtue of having this forum.
    Well I looked at the Mazda test thing and it occured to me that you have the solution in hand or should I say foot? Use the Happyharry "torgue management system": When you feel torgue steer coming on...ease up on the gas! That is what Mazda is doing.
  • silveravinsilveravin Member Posts: 8
    I have the AWD v-6 sport RAV4. Torque steer is noticable when I accelerate close to or at full throttle. It is not unmanageable, and it is worse if you are not going in a straight line. But I wouldn't recommend flooring it while turning anyways. I've accelerated quite heavily while making a turn from a standstill, and it's fine as long as you don't just mash the gas into the floor without some regulation.

It stems from the FWD being the primary mode of operation and the fact that the rear would get a max of 40% distrubtion of power if needed. Not the best AWD system, but not bad considering it kicks in pretty quick. (I floored it in the dirt and got minimal wheel spin at the front wheels with the 4WD lock turned off) A better AWD system is on the Subaru's b/c it's symetrical (always on) but then people would complain about the reduced gas mileage). Wonder if it would be better if Toyo had rear wheel drive by default instead. The V-6 IS fun in the RAV!
  • rav4mnrav4mn Member Posts: 10
    To 3rd row owners. I may be buying a Rav4 w/3rd row (dealer xfer) sight unseen. I know the limitations (kids only, kneecaps in your face, etc) and it would be for emergency use only (extra child friend along for ride to games, movies, etc) so no one should feel the need to warn me.

I have a question on the exact mechanics of getting to the 3rd row. I know the second row slides forward and folds mostly flat. But does it tumble up toward the driver seat also, or do you have to sort of crawl over the back corner of the folded seat? If a seat does tumble forward, is it only the small seat (of the 60/40 split)? (Meaning 3rd row access is only from passenger side?).

Thanks.
    You crawl over
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    My 2003 Highlander (perfect car) lease is due in a few months and I am considering the Rav4 V6 2WD Limited. After reading some of the posts of the 2006 I am getting skeptical about the car. Can anyone tell me if the 2007 has less problems? or have been resolved? New in the forum, enjoy very much the discussions. :)
  • vivavegas99vivavegas99 Member Posts: 39
    I have the black Limited 2006 and aside from it getting dusty quickly, I still like it better than silver because in my city of Las Vegas, silver is everywhere. I bought one of those California Dusters (I think that's the name) and dust it off everyday versus washiing it constantly. It helps. I also avoid parking next to people in order to avoid scratches and dents, at least for a little while. :-)I haven't seen a black '06 yet other than mine. I originally wanted blue, but they don't offer that color in our region. The '06 and '07 is identical except for side curtain standard and bluetooth capabilities.
  • vegasresidentvegasresident Member Posts: 22
    My parents 2007 V6 Limited in the savannah metalic (champagne color) with the tan leather and ALL options except the entertainement center arrived Monday. For some reason they decided they did not want that option.

Their color choice with interior was really good though.

The ordered it about 6 weeks ago.

SWEEEEETTTT!!!! :)

Oh it is longer than the 2006 as another difference.
    Howdy emc17!

The 2007s are just arriving so it will be a while before problem tracking gets going I would think.
  • vivavegas99vivavegas99 Member Posts: 39
    Do they live in Vegas also? What dealership did they get it from? Hopefully not Desert...they told us a bunch of BS when we ordered ours. How much bigger is it?
  • ravinglunaticravinglunatic Member Posts: 3
    "Oh it is longer than the 2006 as another difference"

According to the specs for the 07:

Exterior
    Length: 181.1 in. Width: 71.5 in.
    Height: 66.3 in. Wheel Base: 104.7 in.
    Ground Clearance: 7.5 in. Curb Weight: 3300 lbs.
    Gross Weight: 4430 lbs.
    Interior
    Front Head Room: 40.8 in. Front Hip Room: 53.8 in.
    Front Shoulder Room: 57.1 in. Rear Head Room: 39.7 in.
    Rear Shoulder Room: 55.3 in. Rear Hip Room: 52.4 in.
    Front Leg Room: 41.8 in. Rear Leg Room: 38.3 in.
    Luggage Capacity: 37.2 cu. ft. Maximum Cargo Capacity: 73 cu. ft.
    Maximum Seating: 7

Which is identical to the 06.
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    emc17 - I wouldn't get too excited about some of the "issues" identified here. I get the feeling that a hang nail could put some of these people into a comma. I've had my V6 LTD, with every option except a DVD, since April and haven't had a single problem of any kind and I'm kind of picky about my cars.
  • cbmortoncbmorton Member Posts: 252
    There were no exterior changes, so it's not any bigger. The 2006 and 2007 brochures I have give the exact same exterior dimensions.
    My cousin owns some Toyota dealerships (not in Nevada) so he worked with Toyota USA and a dealership here to just process the order and receive it for my parents. My cousin did all the order work for my parents (with a fleet guy)so that they would not have to.

My parents only had to go pick it up and drop off a check and pick up the car.

We did not have the $$ to buy one (even base) so we went and got a Suzuki Aerio SX (last year of model) and love that too!

Oh, if you do ever get a Suzuki, United was awesome in getting us a sweet deal without having to talk to a bunch of people.

My uncle worked 30 years with GM so we get family deal on those also.

Yah, I guess on the length it was the 2006 that got longer. So that makes the only changes: standard with seat-mounted side airbags for both front passenger and driver, as well as two curtain airbags. Bluetooth is available as an option.
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    At least someone has a perfect Rav4.!!I thought that most came with the droning and transmission problem mentioned here. I had a 2001 Rav4 for 2 years and switched it for a Highlander because I couldn't stand the ride and lack of power, not to mention the horrible stereo. Now, Im very excited about the new Rav4 since it is bigger and is offered with a V6 and amenities similar to the Highlander. I love my car but I always liked a smaller size. I guess I will wait till some 07 owner start posting their concerns, since my lease will be over in a few months.
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    emc17 - BTW shouldn't that be EMC2? Perhaps it's not an Einstein reference :)

It's a vocal bunch on these websites which can lead one to believe the sky is falling. Go look at any of the other auto brand forums and you'll find a similar "problems" thread. Nobody makes a perfect car. The human element on the assembly line ensures that won't happen. That's why they give you a warranty.
  • mmwscmmwsc Member Posts: 1
    I just took delivery of my new Limited V6 and wondering where is the best place to find add-os like weathertech mats, mud guards, bug shield, etc. I found some of these items on what I think is a Toyota web site but I figure that will be dealer prices. Also has anyone seen a cargo mat for the RAV 4 with the 3rd row seat? Thanks
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Nobody makes a perfect car. The human element on the assembly line ensures that won't happen. That's why they give you a warranty."

Oh, that is so 1970's. They use robots to assemble the cars these days.
    Lots of stuff on E-Bay from Deland Toyota.Also mats etc. Just search 2006 RAV4. Mud flaps are $31 on Ebay.

Also try TRD Toyota parts at Dallas. Reasonable prices for stuff you cannot get on E-Bay. Low price on oil filters etc.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/
This discussion has been closed.