Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 2007

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,969
    We do have a comparison discussion that may be of interest:

Hyundai Santa Fe vs Toyota RAV4 vs Mazda CX-7 vs Ford Edge

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I had been looking for a 2007 Rav4 limited, with V6, JBL, 3rd row seat, moonroof, tow prep, daytime running lights in everglade metallic and the dealer was unable to find one relatively close to them to trade. There was one in western PA and I'm about 50 miles north of Philly and the dealer didn't seem too hopeful about being able to get that one. I was given the 2007 invoice price for the car and options, and I should be able to get the 2008 invoice price for the Rav4 and options when they find what I want. Is invoice on the car and options good when you're paying for the destination charge, TDA, dealer holdback and wholesale financial reserve? Is there any point to negotiating on any of the other costs? I'm interested in hearing about anyone's experiences and advice you can offer.
  • roj1roj1 Posts: 16
    I live in a city with a fairly flat terrain, but I may be moving to Seattle in the future. I am interested in the 4 cylinder Rav4, but I am concerned about how it would handle the hills of Seattle. Does anyone have any experience with 4 cylinder Rav4s and hills? Do you think I would have problems in Seattle if I purchase the 4 cylinder Rav4? I would appreciate any feedback, especially since I can't test the RAV4 on hills where I am living right now. Thanks.
  • dtowndtown Posts: 20
    Im not sure that power from the 4 cylinder would be a problem, but I have read several reviews from owners that say the transmissions seem to search constantly for the right gear on hills. I got a 2007 V6 Rav, and it has never really had to search for the right gear when climbing hills. The fuel mileage is nearly the same as the 4 cylinder, but its upfront cost is about 2,000 more. I guess it just depends on what you want to spend. You might want to read the blogs in Rav4world.com/forums, and perhaps that could help you decide.
  • roj1roj1 Posts: 16
    Thanks Dtown. I'll check out the other forum.
  • Does anyone know if 2007 RAV 4 use timing chain or timing belt?
  • I took my vehicle to the Dealer but they couldn't find a problem with the radio. As I was driving back from the dealer the same thing occured. I believe the problem is the radio is not securely connected to the dashboard because I just pushed it in and it worked fine. Toyota will have to fix this.
  • Did anyone notice that RAV 4 starts very loud, comparing with Camry? Makes me feel this is not Toyota.
  • Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    By any chance, are your sunglasses the polarizing type? Try tilting your head left or right while wearing the sunglasses and see whether that makes any difference.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Hmmmm..

Looks as if there might be a market for "bi-focal" sunglasses, dark above, less dark below.
  • I live in Canada. Can we still drive with the alloy wheels on in thw winter. Will they corrode with so much salt on the ground. I have a car bought in Louisian with alloy wheels. All wheels corroded in one winter. I am not sure whether this is a problem for cars made for the south.
  • I also have the auto climate with dual control. So confusing. Haven't been able to figure out how to use it.
  • kst1kst1 Posts: 21
    I have a question about installing a rear facing infant seat (Graco sungride)in the center position in a 07 RAV. Currently I have the seat in the left side using the seat belts but would like to have the seat in the center postion. I know that LATCH is not an option for that but is it possible to do this using the seat belts? I worked with a certified technician and we tried doing it but it did not seem to be a tight fit. Has anyone installed the infant seat in the center position using seatbelts? If so, you mind sharing the details/pics? I would like to go back to the health dept and get this thing taken care of. Thanks!
  • According to the manual, when you turn the key to "on" position, the TPMS light will come up and go away in a few seconds. I just notices that my TPMS light never come up. Is this normal? What could have gone wrong?
  • I have a RAV 4cyl as well and the engine does start loud. I also notice the car vibrates too much when idling at red lights. it is very disappointing, but im still hoping there is a solution for it. I traded my 4runner V6 for the RAV4.
    so, I dont really know what to tell you. i'll be back for service anytime soon, hopefully then Ill have something. :confuse:
  • I have a 07 Rav4 4 cyl and i have notice the same sound, however it only happens when the engine is not warmed up.
  • dtowndtown Posts: 20
    The V6 engine has a timing chain. Im not sure about the 4 cylinder.
  • I called my sales rep and she told me that RAV 4 is an SUV and it does starts loud. She also told me that it you listen to the engin starts for Toyota trucks, you will be surprise how loud it is.
  • Does your RAV 4 equipped with TPMS? I read the manual, it says that the light should be on when you turn your key to "on" position and goes off in a few swconds. It does not show up in my instrument panel.
This discussion has been closed.