Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 2007

Comments

• groupergrouper Posts: 13
    If you want small SUV unequaled power when you need it--and can afford the V6--go for it. I went from a 4 cylinder Subaru Forester because I wanted more power on regular fuel, combined with near 4 cylinder mileage. I am not looking back!! V6 is smoother, quiter, significantly faster, and almost as fuel efficient
  • Thanks grouper. What kind of gas mileage that you have had with your V6
  • Wish I knew. I've been looking at RAV4 and Outback. I drive about 500 miles a week mostly on the highway and my old ranger only gets 22 with a tailwind...
  • cbmortoncbmorton Posts: 252
    On the highway my V6 AWD has been good for 27-28 mpg.
  • groupergrouper Posts: 13
    20-21mpg--regular fuel--stop and go traffic

27-28 strait highway at 70 mph.
  • RAV fits my back and knees better, but really tired of increasing oil company profits...
  • If AWD gets you out of trouble and brings you home safely just ONE time - it was worth it. And it's not that much more expensive.
    V4 vs. V6? V6!
    160 vs. 269? 269! Period.
    Do you remember the commercial (a few months ago) when a guy is sitting in a pickup truck and the anouncer says - Have you ever wondered will you have the torque when you need it?
    Well, with 269 hp you will.
  • I've had my '07 RAV4 6Cyl Sport since October, last year. I just turned 5K on it and am taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the mandatory oil and filter change and whatever else they do at the 5k mark which should then shut off that "maint reqd" idiot light.

Anyway, I can say without any hesitation, that this RAV with its 6 cyl VVT engine really moves when you want it to. I can also tell you that it has such torque that when you throttle it down, say to pass someone, you better be ready for it, cause it'l get away from you. When you push that throttle down, and it downshifts, hang on baby! Your off and running....fast, like right now fast!! You gotta be carefull with that 6 cyl. It has all the torque that everying in this forum says it does!
  • Those are the same two cars that we are considering. What have you found out about the Outlander adn the RAV ? Seems like the Outlander is having some sind noise issues among other things. Still need to test drive it though. Test drove the RAV....sweet!
    Thanks
  • ktw39ktw39 Posts: 3
    As far as "real" world situations like a stoplight or taking it to an actual "track". A 2WD Sport will beat a Limited AWD. ;)
  • Does (2007) RAV4-V6 has the same engine as (2007) Lexus RX350 ????? they both V6, 3500cc engine.

Last year (2006) Lexus RX330, equipped with V-6, 3300cc engine, does that the same as (2007) Cienna V-6 3300cc engine ????

Thanks You.
  • I've driven the Outback, Outlander and Rav, Outback was my choice until I drove the Rav. Outlander wasn't bad, but I just didn't seem to fit the driver's seat and I wasn't all that excited about the way the back seat folds...
  • We liked the way that you could fold the rear seats from the cargo area on the RAV. I just don't care for the step down from the inside onto the rear bumper. I prefer the opening on the older models like the '05s or the tailgate of the Outlander where you can load and unload easily. If only there was a way to actually design our own cars to what we need....
  • Anyone had any experience with Central Ohio Toyota dealers? I am considering purchasing my first Toyota, a RAV4 Limited V6 4WD.

Does the "fax attack" method really work? Last year I tried the fax attack method to purchase a 2006 Mazda Miata...didn't get a single response. I did purchase it with a sizeable discount after sending a number of e-mails to various Internet sales reps at Mazda dealers.

Thanks!
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,984
    Faxes may be history now. I completed my last new car purchase via fax, but that was after meeting the salesperson and test driving the car. That was a long time ago too. :)

Try the Toyota RAV4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience for recent experiences and blast emails. You may be interested in Why don't dealers want to make money? too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Thanks... You guys convince me to go with a V-6 AWD 2007 RAV4.
    Great group
  • Keep in mind that, along with all this torque and pep and lets get the hell outta here speed that comes with the V6 VVT, there is a cost.

Mine gets mpg as billed: a non-impressive 22.8 to 23.2 mpg in local traffic but a very impressive 30mpg on the interstate. I drove roughly 365 miles on one tankfull on an interstate trip recently, but, as I said, the local mpg is kinda not so impressive. When it comes to mpg the 4 cyl is the winner, hands down.
    g
  • You mean, everything you want in one car? What an unusual idea...
  • Could someone please explain the fundamentals of Toyota's pricing scheme? For example, if I get the invoice price of a new RAV4 off Edmunds, what are the hidden holdbacks, etc., hidden in that invoice? If an invoice cost is $25K, does that include holdbacks, advertising, etc., that I need to be aware of in negotiating?

I have never purchased a Toyota and am considering purchasing a RAV4 4WD Limited 6cyl.

Thanks!
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,984
    Try the Toyota RAV4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

There's also Dealer Holdback questions, Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments and Toyota Advertising Fees discussions.

That's just the stuff we sort of know about - info about the swag, spiffs, bonuses and free cruises is tougher to come by. ;)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

This discussion has been closed.