Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 2007

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    From your description it sounds like normal brake slippage.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • phivylixphivylix Posts: 3
    Hi thanx for the reply, it bothers me lot because it occurs during first start of the vehicle when I am starting running and it will be gone after running awhile, is it normal also to have carbon dust in the wheel and its front wheels are hot after running. I am considering to bring it to my dealer to have a check. thanx
  • m65m65 Posts: 2
    In my RAV4 (base v6, 4wd) specifications it shows curb weight 3655 and gross vehicle weight rating 4720. The difference is 1065 lbs. I thought that this would be the max load. However, on the driver's door it says max load 825 lbs. Anyone knows where more than 200 lbs disappeared?
  • alexstorealexstore Posts: 264
    in 3rd row seating. you have a 5 passenger vehicle. 1065 is for 7 passenger rav4
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Posts: 191
    Why is this in the HONDA CR-V discussion?
    This is the Toyota RAV4 discussion and the message you replied to was from almost 11 months ago.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • m65m65 Posts: 2
    Sorry, this can't be it. The 3 rows (7 passenger) has a higher gross weight of 5015. My car (2 rows, 5 passengers, base v6 4wd) is rated 4720, which should give a max load of 1065 lbs, and not 825 shown on the door.

5 adults of 180 lbs each with no luggage already weigh over 825lbs. So, it's either the luggage or the mother in law, not both. However if 1065 lbs is the right value, then it can be both. Maybe that's why they wrote 825 lbs on the door, to protect me from unnecessary stress.

Could it be because of the stock tires, which do not hold more that some number of lbs each? So if I want to use all 1065, I need to buy some higher rated tires than stock? Would that make make any sense?
  • sanssans Posts: 5
    Grouper--it wasn't me who reported the three paint chips, but I am afraid of the paint chipping with the garage situation. When they open the passenger door of the car to the right of my white Corolla, they frequently bang it against my car, chipping off the paint. So just the right side of my car has chips. Since the primer appears to be black, I might as well just get a black RAV4 to reduce the appearance of the chips.

I'm going to the dealership today to get the car! After doing a lot of research, I'm convinced that the deal I'm getting is decent. $200 under invoice...perhaps I could wait longer to get a better deal, but I want to get big pieces of furniture and go on road trips!
    Go to the Honda CR-V forum and you will see the Toyota RAV4 tittle. Why?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,803
    When I go to the CR-V board I see 86 discussions. One has RAV-4 in the title, which is understandable since that one is a comparison discussion (Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or Subaru Forester?).

Maybe you can tell us the link where you are seeing this; I'm not finding it but there's more than one way to navigate the forum and you may be seeing something we're not.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bdymentbdyment Posts: 551
    I have wondered this as well. It is there. Second from the top. It just says RAV 4
    Very curious - I'll play with the category selector and then let Tidester figure it out, since I'm not seeing it. :D

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I just checked and it's not there anymore.
    So somebody fixed this, I was getting tired of seeing Toyota RAV4 discussions In the Honda CR-V category.
  • I am by no means a mechanic, but my last car was a 4WD Mercedes. When I first got the car I noticed a grinding sound with braking and turning. Everyone told me it was normal for a 4WD (I never had one before). About eight months after I got it the transfer case went out. As soon as I took it to my mechanic he said "Oh, yeah, that grinding sound is a dead giveaway." On a Mercedes this was a $4K fix. I suggest you take it in and ask specifically about the grinding noise related to the transfer case.
  • fankofanko Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 RAV4 Sports Edition little over 2 weeks. I notice this "slip indicator" light come on/off while I’m pulling into a parking space (parallel parking) or a spot at a parking lot. There's time where I see the lights come on while I shift from Drive to Park when the car is fully stop. Once the light is ON, it locks the brake for few seconds with a beeping sound. According to the user manual, the slip indicator is on when the wheels sense that is slipping. It's my 3rd time bring back for services. According to the technician, there's no problem with the car. There is a problem (slip indicator) but Toyota can't find the problems. Does anyone have the same issue? Or know anything about this matter?

thanks
  • cbmortoncbmorton Posts: 252
    Read the part of the owner's manual that talks about "Hill-Start Assist Control". You are stepping on the brake pedal hard enough to accidentally turn on this feature.
  • I have a Limited V6 2007 Rav4. Recently I've noticed that when I turned on the Radio it comes on with no digital recognition viewable as to what preset station I am listening to. The digit will eventually be viewable after about a few minutes of driving & turning the radio on and off. This happens in the CD mode also. If you have encountered this problem please let me know as I am taking my vehicle in to get this checked out and will inform you of the outcome. The more you know the better. :confuse: ">
  • I purchased a base RAV4 2WD 4cyl on July 15. My second choice was a Santa Fe. I've owned three Hyundais and have always been happy with them, and haven't owned a Toyota since the 1970's. The thing that made me decide on the RAV4 over the Santa Fe was pure and simple: Gas Mileage.

Bottom-line price was only $1,500 more for the Rav4 with these comparable specs:

GLS vs. base
    Base engine (2.7 vs 2.4)
    Hyundai's standard 10 year 100,000 mile warranty vs. purchased 7 year 100,000 bumper-to-bumper from Toyota.

The Santa Fe had the nicer interior. Driving impressions were quite different. The Santa Fe felt much more massive and lethargic. The Rav4 is an absolute hoot to drive, agile with a tight turning radius. Interior room is as good in the Rav4, but I suspect the Santa Fe is 500 pounds lighter. Mileage at 2400 miles is a little over 26 mpg (mixed city, suburban and highway). The Hyundai salesman and the Edmunds forums say that the 2.7 liter Santa Fe will get realistic numbers between 17 and 21. No contest!

Quality of the Rav4 is primo. I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy the Toyota. I will probably buy another Hyundai in the future, but I have to say, Toyota is really competitive with the value factor, if one just looks into it. I think Hyundai has to be careful with their pricing. Case in point, the new Elantra. The price has increased quite a bit, which is hard to see because of the tricky packaging.

In three years or so, I'll be looking to replace my 2000 Taurus, and will look again at the small SUV segment (or possibly a crossover). I will look at the Asian brands again, and will look very closely again.
  • Correction:

The Santa Fe is about 500 pounds heavier.
  • If anyone is interested, I posted this same text over on the 2007 Santa Fe board, and got some interesting comments. They are like a cult over there.
    We do have a comparison discussion that may be of interest:

Hyundai Santa Fe vs Toyota RAV4 vs Mazda CX-7 vs Ford Edge

• I had been looking for a 2007 Rav4 limited, with V6, JBL, 3rd row seat, moonroof, tow prep, daytime running lights in everglade metallic and the dealer was unable to find one relatively close to them to trade. There was one in western PA and I'm about 50 miles north of Philly and the dealer didn't seem too hopeful about being able to get that one. I was given the 2007 invoice price for the car and options, and I should be able to get the 2008 invoice price for the Rav4 and options when they find what I want. Is invoice on the car and options good when you're paying for the destination charge, TDA, dealer holdback and wholesale financial reserve? Is there any point to negotiating on any of the other costs? I'm interested in hearing about anyone's experiences and advice you can offer.
  • roj1roj1 Posts: 16
    I live in a city with a fairly flat terrain, but I may be moving to Seattle in the future. I am interested in the 4 cylinder Rav4, but I am concerned about how it would handle the hills of Seattle. Does anyone have any experience with 4 cylinder Rav4s and hills? Do you think I would have problems in Seattle if I purchase the 4 cylinder Rav4? I would appreciate any feedback, especially since I can't test the RAV4 on hills where I am living right now. Thanks.
  • dtowndtown Posts: 20
    Im not sure that power from the 4 cylinder would be a problem, but I have read several reviews from owners that say the transmissions seem to search constantly for the right gear on hills. I got a 2007 V6 Rav, and it has never really had to search for the right gear when climbing hills. The fuel mileage is nearly the same as the 4 cylinder, but its upfront cost is about 2,000 more. I guess it just depends on what you want to spend. You might want to read the blogs in Rav4world.com/forums, and perhaps that could help you decide.
  • roj1roj1 Posts: 16
    Thanks Dtown. I'll check out the other forum.
  • Does anyone know if 2007 RAV 4 use timing chain or timing belt?
  • I took my vehicle to the Dealer but they couldn't find a problem with the radio. As I was driving back from the dealer the same thing occured. I believe the problem is the radio is not securely connected to the dashboard because I just pushed it in and it worked fine. Toyota will have to fix this.
  • Did anyone notice that RAV 4 starts very loud, comparing with Camry? Makes me feel this is not Toyota.
  • Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?
    By any chance, are your sunglasses the polarizing type? Try tilting your head left or right while wearing the sunglasses and see whether that makes any difference.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.