Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord: Dealer Service Issues

2»

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    A couple of things -- Pre-purchase questions about whether any given dealership is okay to work with really should be placed in the proper Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. You can reach the Accord PP & BE by clicking on the Honda Accord link at the top of the page. You'll see it in the list of discussions.

The other thing is please keep in mind that sales peoples names may not be posted nor can any contact information (such as a URL) to a dealership. Please see the Rules of the Road (linked on the left) for further details.

Let's keep this discussion on how to get things made right if you find out something stinks months after the purchase was made.

Thanks.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    whitecloud1, yes, they were great! Email me and I'll provide you with my contact.
    My bad Pat. Thanks.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Posts: 712
    I can also recommend Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge. Also, stay away from Landmark Honda...

As for the bumper, I have seen this issue (dealer fixing minor issues on a car and not telling the customer) and from my understanding as long as the repair is under a certain dollar amount the dealer does not have to report it. I think this is a load of bull, but the dealer may have been within that dollar amount. I still think the dealer should make it right, and I agree with the others that you should call Honda of America and file a complaint there first.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Posts: 712
    "I helped a friend buy a car at Brown's Mazda on Richmond Hwy. just south of Alexandria a couple years ago."

I just purchased a Mazda 3 there (Brown's Alexandria) in June and was very happy. I would suggest working with the Internet sales team as I was able to negotiate the car under invoice, whereas most local Mazda dealers were only willing to sell at, or slightly above invoice. This is my second Mazda from this dealership and have been happy with the service department as well.
  • jmyers2jmyers2 Posts: 3
    Posted this in the "Buying experience" forum first; apologies if this is not the right place to ask this.

I bought a new Accord LX at a North California dealership last week. Before taking delivery of the vehicle, I noticed spray paint on the right side of the body and the wheel wells, and got a due bill. Since then, I've just been given the runaround by the dealership. At my first appointment, I was made to wait the entire day at the dealership, before having to drive back home because they did not have the "replacement wheel wells" though I had mentioned this when I made the appointment. After complaining to Honda, I now have a second appointment, but while they claim to have the replacement wheel wells, they refuse to tell me how they will fix the spray point on the body. Their answers vary from "body shop" to "touch up paint" to "it is a secret". At this point, I am really wary of trusting them with the car, and I would like to know:
    1. If there are any other avenues I should pursue to get this fixed?
    2. Can I possibly contact another dealership with the due bill?

Thanks much for any advice.
  • infectoinfecto Posts: 1
    Has anyone here had any issues with a dealership damaging a vechicle in their repair shop?

Just the other day I brought my honda accord into the dealership to get it tested for a water leak into the cabin. When I get it back there is a baseball sized hole punched into the bumper breaking the plastic/fiberglass. I tell the service department guys and right away they basically told me screw you. The damage was not there when I dropped the vehicle off but they refuse to do anything about it. The only thing that told me was they have no tools in their shop that would have made a circular type indentation into the bumper so it is not their fault even though the car was there for 5 days including over the weekend.

What if anything can I do to fix this problem? Thanks.
    Call Honda Customer Relations

Good luck.

Kelly
  • scemoscemo Posts: 2
    I got a Honda Accord three years ago. Only after a couple of months (two and a half years ago), I ran into a curb and damaged the left front wheel, and took it back to my dealer for repair. They replaced the wheel, lower control arm, and rotor. The car had been running fine.
    Just three months ago, I took the car to a different dealer for minor service. The under-vehicle inspection turned out fine.
    Then one month ago, I got involved in a rear-ender for which the other party was 100% responsible. I took the car to my original dealer for repair. After a long month, today they told me they already fixed the damage from the rear-ender. HOWEVER, they said that they found the alignment was not right; there was something wrong with the suspension on the left frontal wheel and it would be more than $1000 to get it fixed because some parts would need to be replaced -- including some parts like the lower control arm that they replaced two and a half years ago). Besides, this alignment problem could not have come from the rear-ender, so basically I would pay for it myself.
    They said that I must have hit something which led to this damage. But for crying out loud I hadn't (a check of the wheel could tell; also the second dealer did not find anything when the car was serviced just three months ago).
    By the way, my car was driving just fine before this rear-ender -- no noise, no pulling whatever.
    I don't know anything about cars. So could anyone tell me what you would do if you were in my shoes?
    Thanks a million!
    Jeff
2»
This discussion has been closed.