Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DTS V-Series

124»

Comments

• sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    As I have said before, the current FWD DTS was new in 2006, so it will probably remain in production for a few more years - I would guess through 2009. A FWD DTS_V is not planned as far as I know. I can't see much point in putting a Corvette engine in the FWD DTS.

GM needs to put some serious money into new products for both Buick and Pontiac in the next couple of years if they want to keep them from going out of business like Oldsmobile.
  • I agree with your analysis on the night vision as I have it in my 03 DTS. It works well in rural un-illuminated areas.

I also concur that Cadillac needs to stay in the race to compete and a technologically advanced RWD DTS-V would be a competitor. I prefer the spaciousness of the Deville/DTS platform although I don't like FWD. Unlike the more compact STS platform, I like the ability to throw 4 golf bags in the trunk and haul 4 full sized passengers comfortably (as in the commercial).

Most of the new sedans such as the Lexus LS460 have reduced their trunk room.
  • Interesting to hear a response from the owner of a DTS.
    From my discussion with "sls002" and further reseach on the V-series, I'm somewhat resigned to the fit of an STS. I haven't heard any rumors of ramping it up for the DTS.

However I saw a blurb recently where the "16 concept car" was going to be contemplated in a scaled down version to compete at the Rolls Royce and Maybauch level.

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't really get the car, because at that level the cars are really chauffeur vehicles and not for folks that truly like to drive and get the car onto the road for hard drives.

A DTS-V would be delightful, but the brass at Cadillac appear to sticking with the STS as the top dog.

SuperCool
124»
This discussion has been closed.