Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Tires and Wheels

1234568»

Comments

• xc92xc92 Posts: 8
    Perrelli are the best!!!!!
    What di you ever find out form Pirelli? Anything from Volvo? Please let me know. Thanks
  • I just wanted to follow up to say I went with the Michelin Latitudes. Although they were just installed, so far I'm very happy. They are still very comfortable and quiet on dry pavement, which was my biggest concern and already I can see that they have better wet traction than the Pilots. My car seems to stick to the road now and braking in general is better. Thanks to all those who replied.
    Hi all,

I have 18, 200 miles on my 2008 XC90 with the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Tires on it from the Factory. Yes, I did have to have an alignment done at the Dealer at around 17,000 but I do remember hitting a Parking Curb a little hard so I think that explains that. Just one of the tires had an extra wear on the outside...a Toe In-Out Problem...

Since then the tires have been OK and I still have excellent wear left on the tires. I rotate every 3000 miles too.

I just wanted to defend the Pirelli Tires a bit. I appreciate all the other owners' suggestions on what tire is a good replacement when the time comes. Amazingly enough the Pielli ATR's are less expensive than the Zero's and have a 50,000 mile Warranty. I never did find out what the raod warranty is on the Zero tire. Does anyone know?
  • Just ordered a set of Nokian WR G2 tires to replace the OEM Michelin's with 38k miles & worn on outer edges despite the alignment being checked several times.

I asked about upsizing but the tire dealer says they have stopped this practice bacause of constant warnings from the manufacturers about voiding warranties, etc.

So I am going with the 235x60x18r stock size for my 2008 XC-90.

Dave
  • Bought through mail order 4 235/65 x17 Toyo HT Open Country tires for $560, plus $80 mounting. Tough to find 104H rating. Rated for 60k miles, will get 40k. I think it is an excellent tire.
  • ole57ole57 Posts: 1
    What do you think about putting 245/65 R17 tires on '08 AWD XC90 instead of 235 size? Are Firestone Destination LE tires as quiet on XC90 as Pirelli Scorpion Zero?
    If you go to a larger size of tire Volvo will not warranty the tires nor any other problem with tire wear or alignment issue.

I now have close to 21000 on my Scorpion Zeros and plenty of road wear left. Rotation is the key I think.

I checked with America's Tire and Hankook is a good replacement option. 50,000 mile warranty and a "harder" tire than the Scorpion Zero. With a harder tire you may get more road noise though. The $ 109.00/per tire versus $ 140+ per tire is a big draw too!!!

Call your local America's Tire for their advice. You must buy their Road Warranty on the tires also.....If one tire is non-repairable, on an AWD ALL the tires have to be replaced. The Road Warranty will cover that. I had a 2003 S 60 on a trip to Southern Oregon and ran into nails on the road.....Three Punctures!!! I called America's Tire and they said have the tire replaced and they will reimburse me. I had Michelin Tires and $ 130.00 later I was back on the road. America's Tires paid me when I arrived back home in Vancouver, WA. Good luck with your tires.
  • docnibdocnib Posts: 1
    Hi

If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be highly appreciate.

What is the largest size rims and tires that could be use in this vehicle without voiding the warranty or affecting the vehicle performance. I have read most of the articles and I find the suggestions confusing and sort of vague.

Thanks all

Nik
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 793
    The largest tire and rim that can be applied to your vehicle without voiding the warranty is:

THE ONES THAT CAME FROM THE FACTORY!

Anything else is not original and can be a cause for a rejection for warranty.

However, this is not to say that ALL of the warranty would be voided or that some of the warranty would be voided, but the warranty conditions ONLY apply to the original tires and rims and nothing else!

So change tires and rims at your own risk!
  • Has anyone tried the Hankook Ventus AS ? I am concerned about winter time traction. Thanks for any input you might have.
  • Hi there, (to fourwheelride)

I am in the process of replacing tires on my 2006 XC90 V8 AWD and am probably going to purchase the Michelin Latitudes as well.

I just wanted to check with you to find out how they performed since you have had them for over a year now.

Thanks for the input; I appreciate it! By the way, I am guessing from your posts that you have 235 60 18's as well? Did you go with the 103H? I know the recommendation from Volvo is S speed rating.

Thanks again. I am trying to do as much homework as possible before I fork out $1000 for a set of tires!

In gratitude,
    "Mspractical"
    Have you checked into Falken Tires? There is one with an 80,000 mile Warranty and the Tread Pattern is just as good as the Michelin.
  • flyguybobflyguybob Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my wife's 2009 XC90 and paid for an alignment. The truck was barely out of alignment but the wear was pretty bad. I called Volvo to complain and they alerted the dealership to a service bulletin. Volvo covered 2 tires and an alignment. The other tires are good and I didn't want to shell out $900 for just 2 Michelin tires that would barely last 25k miles.
  • Purchased Bridgestone HTs from Firestone 34K miles ago. Luckily, they had a 60K mile warranty on them. The bridgestones ran well for the 34K I had them. Because of the tire warranty, I had free rotations and alignments for the life of the tires. We had the tires rotated and alignment looked at everytime we did an oil change so that was convenient. Here is my dilemma. I can go with bridgestone's/ firestone again being that I have a $230 tire warranty credit but 34K on a 60K tire is not exactly good. The tires were quiet and rode well.

Tires on this SUV are a mess. This will be my 4th set of tires after the OEMs, Bridgestones and some cheap things that barely got 20K after the OEMs. Any suggestions?

Has anyone ordered tires online and had them installed by a discount tire or firestone?
  • parxedparxed Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I purchased a '05 XC90 6-7 months back.

It's around 60k miles. I live in Denver, and I'm in vacation in LA.

So today, the tires started hissing and whizzing, so I checked and saw that the rear tires are worn really really bad on the inside.

With a quick Google search I found @oldjim3 's thread about the exact same problem as mine, and how someone towed it in a bad way.

How much is the fix for the rear toe adjustment? How much should I pay? And is there anyway to make the dealer who sold it to me like this pay?

I tried to message Old Jim but seems like there's no PM in the forum. Thanks for your help.
1234568»