Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Kia Rio Owners - Give Us Your Report

1235»

Comments

• More calls to KIA Motors America and still no resolution. 2013 Kia Rio has 6 Speed Manual Transmission Problems. Re: KIA Transmission Vibration in sixth gear. Kia Motors America Customer Service is Bad. I dont trust KIA Warranty. Very unhappy with my decision to buy the 2013 KIA Rio. A 2013 Kia Rio should Not Vibrate. Bad 2013 KIA Rio Transmission and this car is new!!! 2013 Kia Rio!!! The 2013 KIA Rio has design flaws. The 2013 KIA Rio Manual Six Speed Transmission has Design Flaws and Problems.Notice all these key words???They make internet search algorithms chew the information. This makes internet searches more effective. Im so mad about this purchase, So mad at how Bad KIA Motors America has treated me that I think its only fitting that I warn potential buyers of The 2013 KIA Rio that the 2013 KIA Rio has Transmission Problems. The automatic may be fine, but The 2013 KIA Rio has Transmission Problems. I am referring to The 2013 KIA Rio with The Six Speed Manual Transmission. The 2013 KIA Rio has a Transmission Problem. Why should a brand new 2013 KIA Rio Vibrate in sixth gear at 60/70? Kia Customer Service is Bad. I am very Unhappy with my 2013 KIA Rio.
  • Advice for potential KIA Customers;
    I buy a new KIA Rio. 2013. The car vibrates in sixth gear only, at only between 60 to 70. KIA Motors America Treats me like sh1%. Kia of Bedford treats me like sh1%. A month later, the car hasnt been fixed! I get no response from KIA of Bedford. I get no response from KIA Motors America. Advice....DONT BUY A KIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These people do NOT VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS. For those of you that are happy little campers. You will get your opportunity to deal with these creeps as soon as you have a warranty issue. The warranty is useless. You will see.
  • So my wife has had the car 12 days and it already left her stranded. I don't think she even has 500 miles on it yet. Nature of the problem - car won't shift out of park and has dash 'malfunction' light on. Had it towed to dealer after three hours of waiting in frigid, dark parking lot at night.

Dealership hasn't shown us much after sale love to up to this point. Sure they give us a loaner, one on empty. I asked for one WITH gas and they said just bring it back with what you started with. Thanks. Waiting till we have one more interaction and get the car back to give final report.

I'm not a Kia hater by any stretch - had a nice 07 Rondo EX and we loved it.....almost sorry we just didn't do the maintenance on it instead of trading.

More to follow.
  • Dealer had car for two days and had to contact Kia Techline for support. Problem isolated to instrument cluster - disconnected and reconnected and problem cleared. Still waiting for plastic trim piece to replace one tow truck driver jimmied with screw driver to override the 'locked in park' interlock.
  • So although I was not blown away by Kia dealer's response to our issue we did recieve nice follow up from Kia corp. They reached out to my wife two times to ensure she was fixed and satisfied and even sent her a $50 debit card for her troubles. Feeling better now.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,631
    Just brought home a signal red/beige 2013 Rio5 LX with automatic, power package, and mats, 3-year lease for $170/month with only the first payment up front. (Those in the military could get $159/month with nothing up front!) I thought it was a good deal. MSRP was just over $16.7k.

I was looking for a good small car for my daughter, to take her through college and beyond. The lease was up on my 2010 Sentra 2.0S, so I could either buy it off lease or get something else. I decided to go with a new car for lower payments, lower maintenance costs over the next several years, and a little lower insurance cost. I figure I could save ~$2800 over the next 3 years with the Rio5. Of course, then I'll need to either buy it ($9891 residual) or get something else. We'll cross that bridge in 3 years. The dealer took the Sentra and will do the payoff to NMAC; it had only 27k miles but some minor exterior damage I estimate would cost me about $500 to repair.

Other factors in favor of the Rio5 are that it's a hatchback (better for going to/from college), more nimble (and more fun to drive), ESC/traction (good in winter weather), honest-to-goodness 6-speed manumatic tranny (vs. the Sentra's sluggish CVT), better fuel economy, the long warranty (only the remaining 5-year powertrain warranty left on the Sentra), 5-year roadside assistance, auto-off lights, Sirius, and folding heated mirrors. The Sentra was a comfortable car but no fun to drive. It did have a few features the Rio5 lacks, such as center console, rear center armrest, padded armrests, telescopic steering column, cruise control, and a spare tire.

My wife saw the car when we drove up from the dealer and cried, "I want one, it's so cute!" (and she has a 2013 Sonata, very close to the same color)
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited June 2013
    all right! Nice car you chose there, the Kia Rio 5. Welcome to the Kia family. I have owned a 1999 Kia Sephia and a 2001 Kia Sportage 4X4. Both were solid vehicles. My wife likes the new Kia Souls in that Volcano Red color. I should price one of those in a 5 or 6-speed transmission. I don't know which one Kia offers for the Soul, the 5-speed or the 6-speed.

I've been looking at a 1967 VW bug in white with a 4-speed manual tranny for only $3,000. It's right here in Alamogordo at a dealer lot. I figure I would offer him $2,500 and if it has a strong engine then I'm basically getting a steal. I miss a manual tranny really bad. The synchro's can go out on these early VW standard transmissions but it's not an expensive repair. The body is straight, it's tires are new and it's wheels are not old - they're the Porsche style and look as cute as a bug on this Bug. I am probably going to pull the trigger on this one unless we get a new Kia Soul. I'd say we'll get the '67 VW Bug instead if I were forced to make a wager on it right now.

Anyhow, we may be getting a deal here in the iluv household here in a little while, too. Congratulations on your Kia purchase and make sure and let us know how you like your Kia Rio5, backy! :D Good job! I like Kia better than Hyundai, though for a while I was this close ta getting a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. Good thing I didn't get one - they've had a lot of problems with their clutches, t/o bearings and flywheels with the 2003 Tibby's.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,631
    The Soul has a 6MT or AT. Same dealer where I got the Rio5 is offering a base Soul with MT for only $159/month lease.

But I've decided to drive the Rio5 and let my daughter drive my relatively new (for me) 2005 Mazda6i Sport hatch. I've learned she doesn't appreciate what it means to have a new car, and take care of it. The Mazda6 is a great car but 8 years old, and has a black interior (vs. light beige on the Rio5), so if she trashes it, no big deal. I think most teens would be tickled to get a car like that Mazda6. Actually I like it too, but the Rio5 is fun to toss around, and it will be a good around-town car for me, can park it anywhere. In a year, before she goes off to college, we'll see if she's learned anything about taking care of a car (and see how she does in school this year) and decide if she gets to drive the Rio5 for college or not.

Topped off the tank on the Rio5 today so I can do a proper FE measurement. Seems to be getting around 30 in town on its first 100 miles, so that's encouraging.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    Topped off the tank on the Rio5 today so I can do a proper FE measurement. Seems to be getting around 30 in town on its first 100 miles, so that's encouraging.

I'll say thats good ghastly mileage. The '08 Lancer GTS with 107,211 miles is still getting 24 in the city and 29 on the highway. Just had her serviced - tuneup, oil change, air filter. We may not get a new or different rig at all!

Enjoy your Rio5!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

1235»