Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy Transmission Problems

1131415161719»

Comments

• lkempflkempf Posts: 1
    Check the transfercase to see if it engaging run it through neutral 4hi and 4 lo and back into 2hi
  • bmx_guy125bmx_guy125 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    i have an 02 chevy blazer xtreme that seems to rev up to 3000 before it shifts like if its in nutral anyone got advise
  • When you are replacing the transmissions are you also keeping the original transmission control module or using the one on the used trannys? I ask cause I have had this issue on many older vehicles not just a chevy blazer and an transmission shop told me that my control module was bad and they will keep burning up trannys till you replace them. I did that and footed the bill for a new tranny with a 3yr 36000 mile warranty on my blazer and other vehicles and no problems since then for over two yrs on my blazer
  • as I am driving, keeping the pedal held down slightly, it runs and shifts fine. If i press the pedal down about 1/3 of the way, the rpms drop and coasts. if i push the pedal to about 2/3 of the way, the rpms pick back up and moves forward, but with less power than normal and i have to let off the pedal for it to shift.. Also when i stay at a constant speed, the transmission slips. If i press the pedal down any farther, the rpms go up but there is no acceleration.
  • I'm in the process of buying an 01 blazer. I found spilled transmission oil in the interior in the back of the truck. The dealer said it was for another vehicle. Then I see all the comments on this forum. Hmmm.. im going to call my bank now.. Abort! Abort!