Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Acura TL Type S

Comments

• louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Yeah, but if every other cars in the segment are also going at around $2K under sticker then it's irrelavent. Even a $37K actual price is too much for TL-S. The MSRP should be $37K with the actual price at around $35K.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    The question is after seeing the Type-S, will it be worth paying sticker price like $40K+ for it ?

Rocky

P.S. myself Nope. All Acura did was what I could do myself using a chip on the 3.2. :sick:
    Rocky, no one is going to pay $40K+ for the TL-S. Okay, maybe a few suckers will pay stick when it first comes out but no one will ever pay more than stick for it.

I personally think the TL-S is AT LEAST 2 grands overprised and that's taken the 2 grands off sticker into consideration. IMO, anyone that's paying $37K or more for ANY TL is crazy.
    I think Acura dealers will get sticker or very close to it for at least the first few months. ;)

IMHO it's not worth the $$$$ From what I understand the 07' TL didn't even get the ELS stereo upgrade from the RDX. :sick:

Rocky
    Nice pic, it would be nice to see more interior ones. The rims are butt ugly, and will be brake dust collectors. :(

I just don't see the refreshened TL, being being refreshened. I was really hoping to see more gadgets added or at least upgraded. :sick:

Rocky
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    Click here to see more about the Tl-S!

With 286 hp, it'll be a great vehicle. Hopefully SH-AWD will be an option.

-Cj :shades:
    The Black one is the regular TL and the Silver one is the TL-S. Personally I like the regular TL's rims better...

Also, no, the SH-AWD won't be an option. That'll require major chasis works and it's not cost efficient to make it an option. It's either all SH-AWD or all FWD.

• bman33bman33 Posts: 59
    I like the cosmetic upgrades, including the wheels. More horsepower and torque is always welcome. I realize that the TL lacks the handling finesse of a BMW, but how many buyers in the luxury sports sedan market ever go cone racing with their cars? Besides Interstate offramps, how often do you notice the FWD vs. RWD handling difference on your daily commute?

In Wisconsin, RWD cars without snow tires can be a handful. I think that is what makes a FWD with All Season tires more practical. I'll definately consider the Acura TL-S when I go car shopping in November.
    agree with your post pal. ;)

Rocky
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Posts: 681
    Hey, I see the articles noting that a slushbox is standard - I think it's that way with the current model, but the 6MT is an option. Is that the way it'll be ofr '07, or are they killing the 6MT?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,599
    I agree, too, Bman! ('05 TL owner here). TL is one handsome car. And a very, very good car and value.

TL-S, we'll see. It is more of a good thing...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I think you're just suffering from sticker shock and haven't really thought this through.

Yes, the MSRP is right there with a BMW. (Dear God! Hide the women and children!) But that "close to $40K" number people keep tossing around is a TL-S with $2K worth of NAV and it's only MSRP. Heck, a base TL with NAV is priced at $35,325.

As pointed out many times here, only the first buyers on the lot are going to pay anything like that.

Comments about a slushbox, FWD, and competition from BMW are pretty much the same story I read when the 2002 TL-S hit the market.
    "From what I understand the 07' TL didn't even get the ELS stereo upgrade from the RDX."

You have it backwards. The RDX got ELS from the TL. The TL has had an ELS stereo since 2004. It's part of the base package. I haven't seen anything in these articles suggesting that Acura has removed it from the TL-S.
    Okay...so say you'll be able to get 2K off sticker for the TL-S. That gives you a non-NAVI TL-S (given that the TL-S actually comes with non-NAVI) for about $35K. Big Deal!! One could probably also get 2K off sticker for the IS, 3er, and the G. Also, don't planning on getting below invoice anytime soon until the next generation TL is about to roll out.
    When did I write anything about getting below invoice?

$35K for a TL-S? Were I on the market, I'd be all over that.
    Even with $35K out the door price the TL-S is right at the 3er/IS/G price range. It's not that the TL-S is an inferior product but no one can argue that it lacks RWD and the 20+ HP to compete with. However, I totally believe that there are many buyers out there whom won't give a *beep* about the 20+ HP and FWD/RWD but they won't care about the carbon fiber interior, riced up style and the "fast and furious" rims as well.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,599
    Of course, here's the trick: Many folks believe that a BMW 3 is overpriced. But, if the 3 is the right car for you, and you want to buy it then the price that you pay is the price that you pay. Because in your value equation, it is worth it, not overpriced.

Same thing for the TL-S (or any car). Only you can assign what its true value is. If the TL-S is the car for you, then you will pay what you pay.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

Have you even looked at what the 3er/IS/G are lacking at that price point?

If power and RWD are all you care about, save yourself 10 grand with a Mustang.
    Please enlighten me what they lack?

I stated the assumed $35K TL-S will be Navi-LESS so please tell me what do the 3er/IS/G lack?

With the Mustang I don't get the luxury cabin and I don't like coupes.
    News: Acura brings TL Type-S back for 2007 - Car News
    After a three-year hiatus, the TL Type-S is back with even more power.
    BY JARED GALL, August 2006

For 2007, the Acura TL line will sprout a Type-S boasting a more powerful engine and a sport-tuned suspension. According to The Boston Globe, power output grows to 286, a gain of 28 hp, and torque rises 23 lb-ft. to 256. Previously, Acura offered a TL A-spec handling and appearance package, although it offered no bump in power. While the A-spec was a dealer-installed kit, the Type-S is a factory-produced regular model.

Of course, a sportier car has always entailed more than under-hood muscle to Acura, and this latest Type-S is no different. Suspension firms up all around and gets capped with Type-S specific wheels. Astute observers will notice the Type-S wears a mesh grille, a subtle spoiler, and quadruple exhaust outlets. Others will be clued in by the more obvious Type-S badging.

Inside, the Type-S invites shenanigans with sporty bucket seats boasting hearty bolstering, stainless steel pedals, and carbon fiber trim. A five-speed automatic will be standard on the Type-S. Thankfully, a six-speed manual also will be available. Pricing on the new Type-S should begin around $39,000.

link title

Pricing on the new Type-S should begin around $39,000.

Does that mean the $39K is WITHOUT Navi? I seriously hope that C&D is wrong on this, otherwise that'll be the stupidest move ever made by Acura.
    And here's more...

For more pictures here's the link...

Complete 2007 TL-S Pictures
  • Even with $35K out the door price the TL-S is right at the 3er/IS/G price range.

Are you kidding me? The G and TL should be considered in the same price range, and the 3 and IS in another. The G currently goes for about 3-5K off MSRP, and even better deals can be had because the 07 model will be out in November. A nicely optioned G sedan with nav & prem can be had for $33K-34K. I know this because I was at the Infiniti dealer last week. if you don't believe this, check the TMV pricing on edmunds yourself. The IS350 is about 39-40K with the same options, though with the technology package, it goes over 41K. Again...was cross shopping last weekend. There are hardly any discounts on the IS, and the same goes for the 3er. Acura needs to make sure the pricing is competitive otherwise they will be a lame duck with the new G rolling out (306hp and everything else we know about).
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Thanks for the pics/link. I enjoyed them. The TL-S looks great! Happy to see that Acura moved their fog lights, updated the interior w/ a better looking instrument panel and steering wheel, cleared out tailights, lane change indicator lights on the side view mirrors, updated leather seating surfaces, mean looking dual exhaust and IMHO I like the sport look of the wheels, They look like they will hide brake dust pretty good. All in all, it's everything I expected and it's what Acura needed.I look forward to the re-design with AWD.
    When the new G comes out this November its price will be right up there with the IS and 3er.
  • I like the sport look of the wheels, They look like they will hide brake dust pretty good.

Maybe. But try cleaning those wheels. 10 prongs. Thats 20 sides to clean. Ouch.
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    yep, auto designers rarely think past how the car looks "show room new". Once it gets dirty and needs a bath, wheels like this become a royal pain to clean!
    Acura should offer the new 3.8l v6 in the type-s. i'm sure at least 50 more horses will be there. 30 more than the 3.5l v6.

Answer: The rims!!!

Judge it yourself...

The side mirrors with signals. The Acura name and the A insignia. Not much else.