Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Acura TL Type S

Comments

• spyderredspyderred Posts: 137
    I went to Las Vegas from LA, 265 miles trip, averaged 79 mph, cruised at 85-100 most of the time, and my average was 27.8 mpg. On the return the first hour I set the cruise @ 65mph and I averaged 29 mpg. This is when the car had 1200 miles on it. I think you will notice better mileage after the first couple of thousand miles on the odometer. In town stop and go, I get 20-21 mpg.

Not great but similar to my previous BMW 525 and this car has 100 more HP.

I am happy with it so far as far as mileage.

Spyder.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    Any proud Kinetic blue TL-S owners have a real world photo they care to post? Thanks.
  • terrylterryl Posts: 34
    Up here in Canada, the only way you could get a 335i for the same price as a TL-S is if they didn't throw in the wheels, radio, and probably not the keys.

Terry
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    A base 335i, which isn't exactly a stripper, is not that much more than a TL-S. It's more expensive of course, but not that much more. And IMO, the TL-S is not the mechanical, nor performance equal of the 335i.
  • terrylterryl Posts: 34
    There is probably a geographical difference. Similarly equipped (i.e., real leather, Bluetooth, 6 CD there is about slightly more than a 10k (Canadian...which is not too far from the US dollar these days) difference. Not to mention we don't get brake replacement and the lease/buy interest rates are higher with the bimmer. I agree that the TL-S is not equal to the BMW but neither by a stretch is the price.
    Well, you're right. If we were to compare similarly equipped cars, then the Bimmer would be $10K, or more pricier than the TL.

Acura currently also has some pretty wicked deals on the TL, including low lease/finance rates and free Navigation.
  • vivsethrrvivsethrr Posts: 8
    Hey Acura fans, i just bought a black automatic 07 Type S. What kind of wax should i use on the car? Any suggestions? Also does anyone have a viper system on their TL Do you like it? Hit me back up everyone i need to know info before i drive it for the first time tomorrow night.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,480
    Congrats on the TL! For wax/polish, visit zainostore.com. Good, but not cheap, stuff. I've become a bit addicted to Zaino products...!

No experience w/Viper system.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

Viper ---- that's a security system, made by DEI, isn't it?
  • sicktls4mesicktls4me Posts: 30
    what about Zaino products that you like over other car products? just curious? I've tried others and, honestly, they are fairly good. I've tried Zymol on our other cars. I am willing to try other car wax/polish products out there. :shades:
    While I'm no expert/detailer, the Zaino gives a great shine and the gloss seems to last longer than other products I've used. The one caveat is that I've gone from light colored cars (white, silver) to a dark blue TL and Zaino is the only product I"ve used on the TL. The shine/depth is more apparent on the dark color, possibly other products might perform similarly? But, I'm happy.

Oh yeah, Zaino smells good too... ;)

Thanks for the info! I will give it a try! 1 more thing - when you had your car brand new, how long did you wait before you gave it the 1st wax job?

When I bought mine, the dealer waxed it and, I must say, the water beads very well and the car still have a VERY smooth feel to it. So, right now, I'm just using detailer products.

mine is Kinetic blue!

thanks again!! :shades:
    I bought my '05 TL at the new year so due to the Boston winter, by necessity, I didn't Dawn/Z6/Z5/Z2 until probably May or June of '05. Zaino recommends 60 degree + weather to aid drying. Again the website tells all...

I last Zaino'd in probably October, 2006 and yet it still (when clean) was shiny 6 or 7 months later when I applied the first coat of Z5 in '07.

Mine is Abyss Blue, I guess we're related!

Enjoy it, I know I do so more when it's bright and shiny!

anybody out there had the "invisible bra" installed on their type-s? i am trying to get an approx cost so i know what to expect from the dealer in chantilly, va (where i bought the car). if yes - how long did the installer have your car? any other insights would be appreciated! :shades:
    If you can not get an answer from this forum, try going to ACURAZINE.com. You should find something there!! Good luck!
    I have a Kinetic blue, but I can't figure out how to post the photos. Anyway, it's stock, NO upgrades or anything. it's the same thing you see on the brochure.
    with all the positive comments about Zaino products at this site and the testimonials from Zaino site, I'm definitely going to try it. with all that protection it claims to do, I hope it'll beat the summer heat over here in northern VA.

thanks again for responding!! :shades:

later abyss blue!!!
    Good luck, enjoy. I started with just Z2, Z5, & Z6. But they now have so many new products, not sure what I'll order next! ZAIO, ZCS? There's also a Zaino Message Board here with tips...

For the evil wife's white car, I just bought Black Magic, #1 in the CR review. I want to compare to Zaino, but may be hard as her car is white, mine blue...

Put on first coat of Z2 a week ago, on top of 2 coats Z5. Lookin' good!

I already put in the order for ZFX, Z2 & Z6 as my starter. I can't wait to get started! also need to get the recommended towels. alot of "wax on-wax off" going on soon!!

LOL...funny you mentioned using Black Magic, as, that's what I use for my wife's red Toy Yaris S and our silver '02 Odyssey.

hey-I never saw anything on the Zaino site about applying it under the sun. I could do it under the tree, but, tree stuff may fall on the car. Is it ok to apply under the sun??