Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Acura TL Type S

Comments

• nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    I like the contrast of the black and taupe on the door panels in your color combo pv2. I think it is striking. Nice looking car you have there!
  • Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem - 3rd gear. Though downshifting to 3rd gear is not a problem. Do you have a problem with downshifting? Not sure when it started, but, I've noticed it more for the past couple of months. I've had mine since mid-Apr. I don't have any ideas on what's wrong, but, it should be under powertrain warranty. Even if I do know the problem, it's best to take it to the dealer. I just hope this can be fixed!! At least with mine, it does not happen all the time. There seems to be no pattern on when it happens - I've tried slow acceleration, moderate and fast. Good luck!!
  • A good place for price comparison for your interest in TL-S, 6MT, would be CARMAX. Not sure what you consider low mileage. Good luck!!
  • I have a Kinetic Blue with Taupe interior. As a designer, this combo looks great. The light color interior makes the interior look more roomy, Plus, it looks and feels like luxurious furniture. With the Taupe int, you (at least, I can) can appreciate the quality of the stitching, especially on the door panels. The Taupe should also look great with Carbon Bronze. Personally, I'd stay away from black interior. Unless, you like to look at dirt/dust most of the time. The only negative thing about light interior color is if it gets stain - so beware!! I don't eat in my car, so, that solves the stain problem.
  • I have the Kinetic Blue with black interior and I love it. I considered the taupe but decided against it as it was too light and would show dirt much more so than the black. My previous car had the beige interior and that required a lot of cleaning and upkeep. Also, the black in my opinion is very sporty and adds to the car's sport appeal and feel. Both colors combinations are beautiful, just depends if you mind the additional maintenance that will be required with the taupe interior.
    As with everything, there are pros and cons to every choice.

Good Luck with you decision.
    Thanks for the opinions on interior colors - both taupe and the black are nice.

I have 2 kids in car seats so leather is a plus. If the black carpet in all TL-S models is anything like our Odyssey Touring, it may get dusty but it hides stains well.

To add to the temptation my dealer called to offer invoice pricing plus 2.9% financing on the TL-S. I want to pull the trigger but spring '08 would be better timing wise for my finances.

Also considering a used RL but I think the TL-S is a very nice deal.
  • Bit the bullet. Got an '07 MT with 3500 miles. Have noticed a few things, rear deck/subwoofer rattles. I had a problem with the third gear issue twice, I think you have to shift it like it's a gated shifter, make sure you move it into the correct location. No problems since understanding the way the linkage works. I've been/still driving MT V6 Taurus SHO's forever (still have 2) , this is a nice car. Moroccan Red w/ black and grey interior.
  • If you have 2 kids in car seats, I would NOT get the Taupe interior. I had a BMW with the sand (dark beige) interior when my kids were in car seats. The BMW Sand Color interior is a lot darker than Acura's Taupe interior. I spent an awful lot of time cleaning the back of the drivers and passengers seats as well as the rear door trim. Taupe is a very nice color, however, it would NOT be my choice if you have two young kids, unless you don't mind spending a lot of time cleaning or don't mind having the appearance of a stained or dirty trim.

Just my 2 cents worth...Good luck with your decision

Spyder.
    Thanks for the heads up on the Taupe with kids.

They do kick the back of my seats in my 2005 Accord Hyrbid and I hate cleaning the scuffs off. Scuffs do bother me. The TL has less rear leg room than the Accord so there would only be more back seat kicking!

The deals are great right now. If I can I want to wait till Spring to pay cash and I think the deals will be as good or better once a prototype 2009 TL is shown in public.

It is still mighty tempting to get the TL-S now. It has everything I want and need right now.
  • pv2pv2 Posts: 37
    Agree on taupe not being ideal with kids; but fine for two adults. One of my two grandkids is still young enough to occasionally scuff the seat back but it's getting rare and we don't allow the kids to have food in the back.
  • tobini1tobini1 Posts: 1
    I have the same exact problem and its gotten worse in its second 6 months of my car's life. Very annoying, but it doesn't happen all the time. I was quite unnerved recently when I had to do an emergency acceleration maneuver and it stuck midway thru the gate while shifting from 2nd - 3rd. I really had to force it, then it popped into 3. I recently read an article in Road & Track about a Civic Si 6-speed that did the same thing (coincidence ?). I am about to have the dealer look into it. But I'm worried they're gonna drive it and say "We can't find anything wrong. It didn't do that for us." since it is an intermittent problem. Please reply if you take it to the dealer. I'd love to know what they say. Sometimes there's a Service Bulletin on things like this posted the MFR and they are aware of the problem, but won't do anything unless you bring it to their attention. Keep me posted. Tobini. end
  • willis3willis3 Posts: 76
    TSB issued for the third gear issue. You should be receiving a notice from Acura who will replace the synchros.
  • Willis3 - pardon the ignorance, but, what does TSB stand for? and, where did you get the info about Acura sending a notice regarding 3rd gear issue/synchros? I just hope this is true from Acura :shades:
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    TSB=Technical Service Bulletin

You can find them at acuraworld.com. :shades:
  • thanks for the response!! :shades:
  • mpragemprage Posts: 2
    I took my TL type S with the 3rd gear problem to the dealer and they told me that it is a problem covered under warranty. It will take about a week to get the parts and a few days to make the repairs. Apparently is a problem with the synchros, as the prior post had noted. Thanks everyone and good luck!! Still love my car!
  • sicktls4mesicktls4me Posts: 30
    I had my 3rd gear issue updated/fixed (it was the synchros) So far so good!! The repair took only a few hours NOT few days. I did not get a notice in the mail (as someone posted before) from Acura stating that the update is available. I found out when I took my car in for scheduled maintenance. Hope you all have the same luck as I did - my dealership is great - in Northern VA. :shades:
  • willis3willis3 Posts: 76
    Glad to hear the repair went well.

I'm still waiting for my notice so I can take my car in.
  • I had the same problem. The dealer could not duplicate the problem. I asked them to change the fluid which they did with new honda fluid. . The problem went away for aprox two months then returned. I heard others solved this by using GM syncromech fluid (which is better than the honda fluid and the dealer indicated he could not put it in under warranty but I could pay for it at the 30K checkup) but I decided to do one better. I put AMS Synthetic Syncromesh Fluid in myself 11+ months ago and it has shifted perfectly for the last 20K miles.
  • When I had my sticky manual problem fixed - the dealer replaced the synchronizers. It was a mechanical problem and not a fluid problem. I haven't had any problem since the repair. Good luck to you!!