Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New TSX Owner Reports

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    That's great to hear - thanks for telling us. I always like to read new owner reports after a little time has gone by.
  • the gas mileage is a touch disapointing for a 4, and for how gentle I drive it, but thats really nitpicking for me. (I'm getting low to mid 20's in town and low to mid 30's on the highway, maybe it will get better with breakin)

I was going to say you'll probably find the fuel economy improves a bit as the engine runs in, but if you're already getting those numbers, you're doing well. Remember that the K24 is a pretty highly tuned motor, with outstanding performance, so your numbers look good for 2200 mi.

Congrats on the car. I'm at 31 months, and I'm very pleased too!
  • Hi,
    I'm pretty happy with my TSX but i just feel the suspension are not very good and when my engine is idling with brakes on, i feel little vibrations in my feet, i dont know how common is it cause its my first brand new car. What do you guys have to sya about it since many of you have a pretty good knowledge about things and always helping me with my basic questions :blush:

cheers!
  • The scenario you describe has nothing to do with the suspension, since you're essentially parked. You're just feeling the drivetrain/engine vibration through the brake pedal.

I'm assuming you have a AT-equipped TSX.
  • I apologise if i didn't make myself clear. I was actually talking about 2 different things: suspension and brakes.
    I drove a TL too as a loaner car and i felt it was much smoother on bumps on the road but on my TSX i do feel a relatively bumpy ride.
    Yes i have a A/T equipped TSX.

cheers!
  • Yes, the TSX is sprung a little stiffer than the TL, but the upside to that is that the TSX handles better, and has a more nimble, responsive feel than the TL. The TL is larger, softer and much more of a grand touring car than the TSX. You pick your poison.

You might want to check your tire pressure to verify that it's at spec (32 front, 30 rear). Dealers are notorious for neglecting to check the pressure, and since cars are shipped from the factory with over-inflated tires, this would contribute to excessive bumpiness.
  • Johnny, You are definitely right dealers over inflate the tires and believe it or not mine had 40 in all the tires and it took me 1 week to figure out.Stupid me.
    Well now i do have the 32/30 but still it doesn't match the TL. But like you said TSX handles better than the TL.
    So you think the reason i feel the vibrations when i'm idling is because its A/T?

cheers!
  • So you think the reason i feel the vibrations when i'm idling is because its A/T?

I do. This issue has been raised before by other TSX owners with AT equipped cars. You'll probably get used to it, but definitely take it in and have it looked at if it really bothers you.

FWIW, it took me a while to get used to the TSX's ride when I first got the car 32 months ago. Sometimes it's still annoying on really textured road surfaces, but the car is so much fun to drive overall, and it does so well on long trips, that I can overlook some of its shortcomings.

Also, I don't know if you listed your mileage, but the suspension will settle in some by 10,000 miles or so.
  • Thanks. I have almost 1900 miles on my TSX now. Yes i agree its really fun to drive on highway cause i went to a short trip from NJ to Boston and it was a blast to drive. yeah lets hope it gets only better as i put ore miles on it.

cheers!
  • As much i was happy with the HFL of my TSX with my phone ,Nokia E61 when i bought it, i've been feeling a little dissapointed lately with its pairing with my phone. After every few days it fails to recognise the phone and asks for the code.
    i dont know if its something with my phone or some inefficiencies of the TSX HFL. Its frustrating. I wonder if any of you guys have experienced similar problems.

cheers!
  • I have an E61 as well. For awhile, the TSX HFL would answer the call and then transfer it back to the headset. Which was frustrating! Finally, I deleted the profile on the TSX and on the E61 and paired them up again. It has been working well since. My thinking was perhaps, there was a corruption of the profile, if that is even possible.

I have also noticed that if you answer a call using the HFL system and then transferred it to your headset the call would go through fine but after that there would be issues in receiving calls with the HFL. At times, the system would say the phone is busy when it was not or would indicate that it could not find the phone when the bluetooth was on.
  • Hi,
    Thanks. Thats a good point i guess. I will try to delete my profile too and see how it goes.

cheers!
  • fowler3fowler3 Posts: 1,919
    Many cars with firm suspensions have bumpy or choppy rides, which is due mostly to the tires because they have stiff sidewalls. By changing to a tire with softer sidewalls most of the choppiness is eleminated. And if the owner buys tires with a smoother tread pattern the car will ride quieter. You will be amazed how much difference it makes.

Fowler3
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Tires are a start, but sidewall stiffness, spring rate, and rebound dampening all interact to give a car a certain ride quality. Change one without addressing the others, and you'll probably end up with degraded ride and handling.

Either keep your car as the manufacturer intended, or purchase a complete tire & suspension upgrade from a reputable company that researched and tested the combination.

Honda's A-Spec kits, Comptech, H&R, Eibach, and others sell complete setups that are tuned specifically for the TSX. In many cases, handling will improve will little or no loss in ride quality (sometimes you can even improve ride quality AND handling).
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    had my milano red-ebony int.6spd with nav. l month today. It has 5,236 miles of mostly highway driving. The only complaint is the paint seems to chip very easy- caused by other vehicles or mostly truck tires throwing stones. I love the 6 speed transmission. I hopefully will be able to continue driving manual till I can no longer drive- do not like automatic.
    I had Milano Red too. Yup, paint chipped very easily. My hood was littered with chips after 2 years of Pacific NW driving.

If you don't have too many chips yet, consider repairing them and installing a "clear bra."
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    thanks for the advice but I have heard that the bra creates more problems than it is worth. You have to make sure it stays dry underneath it and other things
    You're thinking of a conventional leather bra.

Clear bra is clear plastic tape that is cut to fit the front bumper, headlights, and the first 6 inches or so of the hood.

It is adhesive and never needs to be removed. Moisture does not get underneath it.
  • jude2jude2 Posts: 3
    I have had my beautiful TSX for just less than a month and have approx. 300 miles on it. Unfortunately, I began experiencing a great deal of neck and back pain for the last week and a half. I feel a lot of vibration in my neck while driving on city streets. I have tried numerous seat positions and have tried not to be confined by the narrowness of the seats. I am 5'5" and not a big person. Any ideas? I did note that one reader mentioned his back pain,as well.
  • Hello all -- I just picked up my new 06 on Dec. 20. I read messages on this board before choosing my TSX -- thank you for all the posted info, experiences, and tips. It really helps.

I am enjoying the car -- I'm still protecting it from the elements so I just have about 200 miles driving experience in it. Everything is perfect thus far -- Headlights are amazingly bright, the 6-spd MT is a pleasure, my iPod is working in the aux input, XM radio is great -- the car drives and rides like a dream.

One question for other owners -- when driving in higher gears at 40-60 mph the engine makes a moderately high pitched whine sound -- is this normal? I presume the sound is normal for this car -- I like the sound -- I just want to see if it is normal for others.

Enjoy your TSX's -- Happy New Year -- I'm looking forward to driving my TSX in 2007.
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    Congrats on the car. The sound is normal.
  • Purchased an 07 TSX w/ navi a few weeks ago. Love the car but it seems like some things are changing as more miles are being put on. The steering wheel does not feel as rigid as before and tends to follow the road. (Crowning of road, bumpy unpaved roads) Is this normal, and can I expect any more slight changes in other aspects of the car?
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    I would take it to the dealer, steering shouldn't change over time for any car. Might need an alignmemt or something.
    I'm not sure what you mean by the steering not being as rigid, but keep in mind that the TSX is prone to some tramlining, that is, the car will tend to move with grooving and other imperfections in the road. It's part of what gives it its sporting nature, and is not uncommon in other cars of its ilk.

So things like pronounced road crowns, grooves worn into highways by repeated passings of other cars, will feel like they are pulling on the steering a bit. At the same time, the TSX's quick and responsive steering will shine during periods of spirited driving.

You will find that you get used to it as you drive the car more. A softer, more sedate auto would not be as prone to these things. It's just the nature of the beast.
  • It was a few degrees below freezing this morning and my two week old TSX had the following problems:

1. Windows would not open. They appeared to be frozen shut. They would only open once the cabin was warm. The window motors seem to be weak, even though the engine was running (i.e. not simply a cold battery)

2. Washer fluid was frozen in nozzles until after over 15 minutes of driving.
  • Are the 07 alignment specs different from an 06? I brought it into a dealer yesterday only to receive a call saying that their computer didn't have the updated specs. I'm bringing it to another dealer monday and they said the specs are the same. whos wrong?
    Windows freezing shut happens to a lot of cars, and washer fluid nozzles freeze up on lots of cars too.

These are problems?
    I wouldn't think alignment specs are different. The only difference between '06 and '07 are tire pressure monitors. I don't think anything else has changed.

In fact, I'd bet alignment specs are the same for all four years of the cars run.
  • happytsxhappytsx Posts: 2
    Hi All - I thought I would post again now that my 06 TSX (navi/auto) is 7 months old with 9500 miles on it. Still flawless, in fact its as tight and solid and perfect feeling as the day I got it. Its a wonderful car in every single respect and worth every penny they ask for it. Its *THE* no brainer at this price point!
    Safe driving and fun to us all!
  • tradscotttradscott Posts: 108
    If your washer fluid is freezing, you do not have the correct type of washer fluid. This has nothing to do with the car, other than the fact that they are not heated.