Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Maintenance and Repairs

Comments

• jodeljodel Posts: 4
    Hi, everyone.

I have a 2006 Denali envoy, and i am having the same problem, with the rear air suspension.. all of a sudden the car got soooo low to the ground. and i thought maybe i got to heavy and the car just went down on its own.. but now i am reading this forum and i see there are a lot of us having the same problem. Have you had any luck with taking to gmc and having the issue fixed. I am very discussed with this vehicle. I have so many problems with this car, it 's not funny. Has this issue been recalled???

somebody please HELP. VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,152
    jodel,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns and experiences. Have you spoke with your GM dealer of choice or GM Customer Assistance? Can you please email me directly at SocialMedia@GM.com? Please include your VIN, current mileage, and the name of your dealer. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • andyb67andyb67 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    My 2003 Envoy has a problem with the engine sputtering when I brake especially when moving at slower speeds. It seems to be worse when I am lower on fuel. There are also times when the engine dies when the car finally comes to a stop. It feels like a braking problem but I know it is something with the engine. The engine also revs as time and won't shift gears which makes me think transmission but its random and not happening all the time. The "check engine" light has been going on and off recently as well. Not sure if all of these issues are related. The car has about 70K miles on it. I have not brought it in for service yet.
  • My rear air suspension sometimes causes my 06 Envoy denali to go low to the ground. I can hear a noise when this happens. There is no heavy loads in the truck. What could be the problem. I only have 43,000 miles.
    I to have the same problem with my 06 Denali, as my rear suspension goes down to the ground, to take into the dealer they want to charge me about $2,000. to fix the problem.. When i spoke with a rep from GM they tell me that there is no recall on this issue. So tell me why are so many of us having a problem with the rear suspension on these models. I think we have to take this problem back to GM. and have them look into it. $2,000. is a lot. considering we had nothing to do with abusing the rear suspension.. and believe me we are not alone with this issue.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning engelhard2,
    I checked in my general information on the 2006 Envoy and did not see any information that would be helpful in troubleshooting at the moment. Have you ever had your vehicle evaluated at a dealership? If so, we're happy to follow up with them on this diagnosis.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I'm sorry that you also are having this issue with the rear suspension. If you would like for us to check into this further, please send more information to socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • No. I am almost afraid to take it to the dealership, after reading some of these postings. It doesn't happen all the time. I was wondering if its safe to put it on the road. According to the manual when the vehicle sets up for some time, the rear end will go down but this is happening sometimes during the day after being parked for a short time.

Why is so many of us having the same problem. I only have 43K miles.
  • You are absolutely correct. Why should we have to shell out that much money for a repair. It seems like GMC would admit that there are a lot of flaws in the 06 Denali.

My concern is if I put it on the road, will it come back up if the vehicle is loaded down.
    I understand your hesitancy. If you do decide on working with your dealer, or if you would like for us to look into anything, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include a summary of the situation and the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I do have my 2006 Denali on the road, and the rear suspension, goes up sometimes, then lowers itself. even if the vehicle is loaded down it will still come back up, but I find that the ride is very rough. And I agree there is definetly something wrong with this model... It is pretty hard for me to believe that the rear air suspension on this vehicle could break down from simple wear and tear.
  • I too have a 2006 Denali, that is at the dealership right now getting repaired for the rear suspension air leaks. The dealer says it's the airbags that are leaking (which is the immediate response I have received from other shops) so it sounds like this is definitely a defect. The dealer says there is no recall on this problem. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the airbags leaking, is this a safety issue if the vehicle were to get into an accident? If it's such a common problem, how can we find out how many denali's have had this issue? I've seen another denali in town just like mine, rear end dropped to the ground. Very disappointed in this high end vehicle. BTW- the repair is going to cost over $600.
  • We hope that everything went well with your dealership and the repair on your Denali's suspension. If we can look into anything further for you, please send us more details at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
    I see you have the same problem with your DENALI, you mentioned that your vehicle is at the dealer right now.. Doesn't the dealership think that it is odd to have an issue with the rear suspension, i am sure that you were not the only customer to come in with this problem.. GM why aren't you taking resposibility for this problem!!!!!!!! There are serveral people having the same problem.... HOW CAN THE CONSUMER GET YOU TO REALIZE THAT THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL ON THIS PROBLEM, BEFORE SOMEONE GETS INJURED BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!! I need to bring my 2006 to the dealership too.....

very dissappointed
  • dkreneckidkrenecki Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I bought a 2006 Envoy Denali on 8/10/12 and it broke down on Monday 8/13/12. The car alams and sensors went off and the stabilitrak turned off. I could only go 30 mph and could not accelerate. I took it to the dealer still running but they didnt diagnose it and the next day they realized the code did not save. They say now they can not recreate the issue...Very nervous about the car I just bought. And they notced the air bags for the compressor were leaking. They are fixing that...HELP
  • Good evening dkrenecki,
    We're sorry to hear about the alarm, sensor, and stabilitrak issue you had with your new-to-you Envoy. We understand that you visited your dealership on this already; if you would like for us to check into this further or if this issue happens again, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with the following information so we can set up a Service Request: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.
  • The dealer replaced the throttle body assembly and the rear air springs. Lets hope this is all...If it happens again, I will email you!
  • A faulty camshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor might give that symptom.
  • A faulty camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor often will give those symptoms.
  • 6 years and still no answers
  • Thank you for the update! I hope that everything has been resolved for you and wish you many happy miles ahead!
  • krez123krez123 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem what was the solution?
  • laquerdalaquerda Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    :mad: engine in the morning start, sputters like its last puff however, when the engine heats up, sputtering goes away and engine works great. this happens on every engine start...
  • Good morning laquerda,

If you would like for us to check into any warranty or recall information, please send the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com

• I know that your question is a year old, but I will respond because I have solved it, and I want others with the same problem to see the answer. To bypass the rear wiper motor completely, and bypass the rear wiper obstruction, you must wire Rear Window Motor Park Signal wire and the Rear Window Motor Speed Signal wire together

I made and album to show.

http://imgur.com/a/q3vww
  • I am also having problem with my 2006 Envoy Denali rear suspension. It goes down and was going back up when I start it up except a couple days ago. It would not go back up. I waited a day and now it is but this is ridiculous so many of us are having the same problem. I also had to have my gas gauge replaced because it quit working. Luckily GM paid half the cost. I am also going through oil without any spots in the driveway. Why can't there be recalls with so many of us having the same problems?
  • Hello cindyk2,

We're sorry to hear that you're also having difficulties with your suspension and oil usage on your Envoy. If you decide to have either of these looked into by your dealership, please keep us updated on your progress there as we're available to look into anything further. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com

• I purchased my Envoy SUV XUV brand new in 2005. I have had almost each car issue or failure described in this forum. I am extremely concerned now that I will eventually experience them all.
    It is so frustrating to stumble onto this information after years spent at my local dealership and the employees in the service department acting as if I am the ONLY one who has ever encountered whatever problem I am there for. This vehicle had cloth interior. we had the dealership recover the seats with leather. I just read online that this will cause the passenger airbag to become defective. I was never notified. Great.....my front seat passenger is not safe. This vehicle has always used too much oil and the dealership has always tried to charge us for the "extra" quart they have to put in when they do an oil change on my car. My husband fought them on this on a few occasions. Now to find out that oil usage is a known issue. Geeshe. The gas gauge failed. We had dealer replace it. I believe they did pay half the cost. At least one hub cap would pop off after having my tires rotated. We have had to replace them several times. The service engine light has come on repeatedly. The rear wiper died. The drive train "jumps" once in awhile. Now I am experiencing rough driving and I believe it to be the steering. The car has locked up and died when turning the steering to hard to the left. The tailgate broke. These are all the issues just off the top of my head. This car has always been serviced and oil changes, tire rotations etc. done regularly. It is a shame that GMC will not own up to its problems. I have paid out for all these repairs when really and truly they are manufacturers defects. Shame on you GMC. America does not take pride in its workmanship anymore. If there are any class action lawsuits out there please inform me. So grateful I came across this forum. Thank you to each of you who took the time to share.
  • Good morning tndriver,

We can see that you've had many difficulties with your Envoy and that you have some continued concerns as well. If you would like for us to check into things further with you and your dealership, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with further details (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

• rosedrosed Posts: 1
    I drive a 2007 Envoy Denali. I really do like it even though I had the same problem a year ago with the rear air pressure and GM dealer made me pay $300.

Now the problem is the stabilitrak light comes on says it's off; all the lilghts on dash goes haywire, engine starts sputtering and shuts down. THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! Scared the ...... out of me in the middle of traffic and I was so afraid someone was going to run into me even though I had my emergency flashers on! It has done this about three time in the past month.

Please tell me is it true that because I had a tire replaced with a brand new tire with more tread than the other three tires? this is what GM Service center is telling me. It appears there are many others who have had this same problem, but they mention nothing about replacing a tire. Is this a recurring problem with this vehicle.

Not Happy Right Now!!!