It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I had a problem with my 2007 Jeep Compass leaking from the map light due to the leaking sunroof. I couldn't find the drain holes to clean so I took some .095 inch weed wacker nylon cord and found the drain holes in the far left and right front corners by poking the nylon cord in several places after opening the sun roof.. After I found the holes and ran about two to three feet of cord down the holes. Now when I pour water into the recessed area in front of the sun roof it drains like a champ. Give it a try.
Bought a Jeep 2012 Compass fully loaded and have numerous problems.
1. Loss of power when accelerating. Started when vehicle was new, was told that it was normal and it was the transmission and thats how it worked. Vehicle at times was actually doing 25 on highway. Towed three times to dealership. (after third said a corroded wire in fender well. Vehicle under 20,000)
2. Wont start, towed to dealership, replaced starter, happened again, replaced radio (no Kidding).
3. squeak in rear end under 1,000 miles. Replaced suspension parts, told it would wear in. Still squeaks.
4. shakes when at a stop sign, enough that the side mirror vibrates and you cant focus through it. Was told by service manager not normal, then after they had it for two days was told by same individual that the main plant told him to say it was normal.
5. Option with tow package, no hitch only wiring harness. Found out that Jeep is the only one who could install because of computer configuration that needed done to vehicle, Cost additional $300.00 in labor to have installed.
6. Blue tooth inop. Had same replaced under warranty, said vehicle wasn't equipped with right radio. Had it on my options I paid for but dealership had to be told by Main plant to do same. New radio (afore mentioned) out dated and has to be up graded. Still haven't received the up grade.
7. Average 19mpg. Never has gone above. They said it was my driving habits. Wanted me to have a service to rectify the milage (service that wasn't due). Of course it was expensive as hell. Still 19mpg.
9. Whistling noise from engine when accelerating from stop. Told normal.
I have owned three other Jeeps, and had no problems. I currently have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has 230,000 and love it. Sadly I will never buy another. Tried to trade this compass in and was floored by the loss in value. They are crap and the dealers know it! 35,000 miles and it's a paid off grocery getter, cant trust it for trips. No longer a Jeep fan!!
Help | About Us | Contact Us | Careers | Affiliate Program | Dealer Center | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Membership Agreement
Your Ad Choices | Site Map | Glossary | Mobile | Developers
© Edmunds.com, Inc.