Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Audio Questions

Comments

• Thanks for continuing to post on this topic. I've been unable to find a solution, so far, to the AM reception problem. If anyone finds a solution, please post it here. (Metallic window tint does not seem to be the source of my problem.)
  • Hi, everybody I just bought a car a 2005 Honda CIVIC EX COUPE the battery died. As a security precaution the radio is shut off and you have to enter a 5 digit code in order to get the radio working again. I cannot find the code, and the dealer wants to charge me $45.00 to take out the radio. Any other alternatives or code info?? COULD anybody help me find the code please?????? serial# U2607L4138 and VIN# 1GHEM22975L075724
  • hi everyone,
    I have a 2003 honda civic and last summer my a/c was blowing cold air for just 20 minutes and after the car being sitting for a while the a/c will work again. Now my a/c don't work at all, the compressor clutch doesn't engage, it will engage if I jump wire it at the relay in the hood fuse box, this is as far I went troubleshooting it.
    Can somone tell me what else is going on with the car, or at least give in idea what else can be wrong with it.
    thank you
  • Same thing happened to me and dealer wanted $80 for same. The only thing they do I believe is check the serial # of the radio, call Honda and get the code for you. I believe the only way is going through a dealer. This is to protect you. You should have the credit card size card with the code on it. If you can do a trace on who the original owner of the car was, he may still have the card. If not, 45$ sounds cheap to me coming from a dealer.

Good luck
  • I have a 2001 Civic with basic radio/tape/CD. The alternator and voltage regulator failed and caused several code, including the SRS fault. When this happened the radio reception became very bad. Now the alternator and voltage regulator have been replace, all error lights are off but the radio still stinks. There are no error codes on the radio either. CD and tape player work fine.
    Is there some sort of reset code needed?
  • shalevyshalevy Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone tried the Apple ipod nano 4th generation and is it supported and does it charge through the USB port in the 2009 Civic EX+navigation?

Also, I have a Sony Ericsson phone W595 and when I plug it into the USB port, it charges but the audio/navigation system says that it's not supported, any idea? The phone does connect through bluetooth for phone-calls.

What other solutions are there to connect those devices into the already existing audio/navigation system? I would prefer solutions that will not require me to use the ipod/phone to play music.

Thanks.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    shalevy,

The USB iPod feature does support your iPod. Just plug in your iPod using the the USB cable and enjoy the music. You can use USB thumb drives. Those work great. You can get a 4 GB model for real cheap. The USB port fully integrates the iPod so it works just like an iPod. Hope this helps.;
  • shalevyshalevy Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering specifically about the 4th generation ipod nano. The reason is that it is not listed as one of the supported ipods (only 1st, 2nd, 3rd and listed).
    I tried the new ipod shuffle and it doesn't work - says unsupported. And my phone doesn't work as well. Which means that not all USB thumbs, or ipods works.

So if anyone has an ipod nano 4th generation and can test it on the USB interface of the 2009 EX+navigation and can confirm that it charge and plays, please reply.

Thanks again.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    All I can say is that it should work just fine. Honda and their supplier made sure it works just fine. All the other USB ports work with the 4th gen nano. Shuffles aren't compatible with the system. Only 5th gen and up iPods. All nanos should work just fine. It should charge and play since it uses USB. Also make sure your nano's firmware is up to date. That might help.
  • Thought I'd bump this.

Having the same issue myself with my new 2009 Civic. Very poor AM reception (FM is fine), particularly once I get out of the urban area I work in and out into the rural area where I live. Unlistenable. The AM is fine in my 2001 Civic.

The receptions get even worse if I turn on my side mirror defrosters. I haven't tried the recepetion with the engine off yet, which some people have suggested I try.

I do have a rear tint, but it is a non-metallic tint according to the dealer.

Very frustrating, as they are working with Honda Canada to resolve it, but HC doesn't seem to think there is a problem.

I've seem a suggested solution that it is caused by a poor grounding of the antenna cable, either at the point of contact with the antenna or along one of the 4(?) sections of antenna wire which are individually grounded.

Anyone successful in getting this resolved?

Cheers,
    Corey
  • Corey,

I never did resolve my reception problem. My local Honda dealer is dumbfounded and/or in denial (depending on who you talk to). Like you, I've been told my tint is non-metallic.

I haven't pushed the issue at all with Honda. It seems like more trouble than it's really worth to me. My wife drives our Civic, and she generally doesn't listen to AM stations.

If you ever find a solution to this problem, please post it. I'll do the same.

Thanks!
  • farchfarch Posts: 2
    i have a 2006 honda civic (4 doors). I purchased a jvc portable hd radio receiver (KT-HDp1) that can be connected to the car's aux port. it came with a car kit (KV-K1017). i need to install the connector unit to the car's radio antenna. does anyone know how i can get to the the area where the car's antenna connector is?
    thanks in advance.
    -frank
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    does anyone know how i can get to the the area where the car's antenna connector is?

These are Honda instructions for installing the XM Radio kit. It contains more info than you need but it should give you the directions to get to the antenna connector.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_sedan/xmradio.pdf
  • farchfarch Posts: 2
    thanks for the info!
  • trav6trav6 Posts: 18
    pop up after battery changeout????
    and radio will not play or cd,help would be grateful
    MAYBE SOMEONE HAS RADIO CODE---IS THAT WHAT I NEED???
  • Ok i was putting in a new stereo in my GF's car and i did all the wiring write but it wont turn on. i know that the constant 12v+ is working cause i made it spark but for some reason the switched 12v+ isnt energized in any position even when the car is on which is wierd. we heard a sound from the head unit so we put a disc in and it inserted it but the face plate will not turn on and i checked to see if the switched wire would spark and nothing at all so i am not really sure wear to start looking to fix this problem. Could it be the ignition switch or a blown fuse maybe i am not sure. And if i cant find out what is wrong with it is there a way i can rig it to stay on all the time. Thanks for any help on this topic
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    Yes, get a fuse tester and check the fuses. If you look at the diagram on the fuse box door it usually says which fuse is connected to the stereo power.