Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix Engine fires 3800 series II 1996-2003

18910111214»

Comments

• I started a such of a lawsuit because Oct. 2008 I had expireanced this same problem. My engieng cought fire 3:00am on my way to work. Frist it stalled so I turned around to head back home. Soon as I made the u-turn that's when my engieng went up in smoke. I feild a police report but had the vehchile towed to the junk yard. Here it is 2013 and I am trying to get passed it but as a reminder GM keep sending me a Recall Card after the fact so I am S. O. L.' ed out of a car and a lawsuit. I had to acquire a car note (which I've never done before). It happened so fast. The car was running good one minute and then the next this fire. I lost everything as well. I almost didn't get out the car because all the power locks that I was used to stop working, I panically unlatched the manual lock though a prayer.
  • I had the same issue with my Pontiac grand prix 2002. My engine caught fire 10-15 minutes after it was turned off! i was shocked because i hadnt had prior engine problems and terrified because i was in the car ten minutes before it burst into flames. I couldnt get the fire out, eventually police and the fire department ended the fire before it spread to my house. This is a terribly dangerous situation and i am shocked. I was not notified when i bought the car used at a dealership. My insurance wont cover the damage and my car is totalled
  • My 1999 grand prix gt caught fire earlier part of this year, fortunately I saw the smoke and my car wasn't a total loss.
  • Did anyone have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix catch on fire? My Uncle has one and it was sheer luck that someone was driving by and saw the fire. If they hadn't then they would not have known until the car exploded. I have been looking and all I have seen are earlier model cars catching on fire. Please let me know!!
18910111214»