Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recharge Prius at Home on AC power?

13»

Comments

• larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    edited April 2011
    This is very cool:

http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/prius-plug-in/

Overview
    Everyone's buzzing about Plug-in Cars. So what's Toyota up to? The Prius Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle (Prius PHV). Based on the 3rd generation Prius, Prius PHV combines the proven practicality of Hybrid Synergy Drive® with compact, lightweight lithium-ion batteries to extend its fully electric driving range.
    What are the advantages of Prius PHV?
    The best of both worlds: electric-only driving for a maximum of approximately 13 miles, plus an anticipated 50 MPG-rated hybrid driving that totally eliminates range anxiety.
    Full recharging from a standard 110V household electric outlet in only 3 hours.
    The proven reliability of Prius HSD (Hybrid Synergy Drive®).
    And now for the question on everyone's mind—timing. Prius PHV is expected to launch in 2012. How much? The price hasn't been set. Visit the upcoming vehicles page on toyota.com to receive news and updates on Prius PHV.
  • macaarmacaar Posts: 1
    This is exciting, what I've been waiting for... way to go! :)
  • bpollenbpollen Posts: 11
    Price is the key. I am trying to wait on buying a new car to see if I can afford this vehicle, if I like it. There are tax incentives, still, on plug-ins, I think. I'm hoping the Tsunami and production slowness doesn't affect quality or timing of when this car comes out in the market.
  • Maximum EV cruising rangeApproximately 13 miles

You've GOT to be kidding? Even the EV1 in the late 1990s got 100 miles range and with the new Li ion technology its been predicted that it could at least triple that. What's the problem with the Prius???
13»