Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 350

pearlpearl Posts: 336
In my opinion, there needs to be a separate discussion for these upcoming Lexus GS models. They are sufficiently different (engines, Navs, etc) and have enough interest to warrant their own thread. I am specifically looking forward to seeing how the car mags deal with them and how they stack up against the competition.

Comments

• dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    Looks like 2007's might get a new wheel design but it's hard to tell.
    image>
  • ghraiaghraia Posts: 11
    I drove a GS350 yesterday. Wheels (17") are the same as 06. Extra power is nice, but I thought the 300 was adequate. The car I drove had Yokohama tires -- much noisier than the 300 with Dunlops. Cars look exactly the same inside and out. Sticker says 29 highway mpg vs 30 for the 300. MSRP on fully loaded car is about $300 less than the 300.
  • andy82471andy82471 Posts: 120
    There is no GS430 for 07. :( Why would anyone buy the GS430 over the more powerful and economical GS350 :confuse:
  • They are already for sale on Lexus Website no other changes other than upgraded engine. My opinion they should have upgraded wheels/suspension to accomodate more horsepower.
    Wheels are wimpy compared to ES & IS.
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    the new GS350 is generating so little comment on these boards. If this is any indication of the overall level of interest, we should see prices come off MSRP quickly and significantly.
  • When I went to test drive a GS350 they "lost the keys" ... :confuse: and could only promise a drive a couple of day later . Go figure, but I guess some people do buy a car without driving it.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    One thing that might be going on is that the discussion was only categorized as "Lexus", so if someone was specifically searching for the GS 350, this discussion would not turn up (depending on how they searched). I have corrected that. We don't have a category yet for the 460.
  • tomdtomd Posts: 87
    Does anyone know of a link to a picture of the dash without the nav. system? Thanks
  • dunde71dunde71 Posts: 33
    I dont see why people would want to buy a GS350 AWD. Its about 9K more than ES350. Only advantage is that it has AWD and has 30 hp more. Its a smaller car ... rear leg space is cramped ... a big hump between the 2 rear seats .. smaller trunk ... no full size spare option. It does not seem justifiable to me to pay 9k more just for AWD and 30 extra horses with so many other things lacking. Any comments ?
    two quick reasons: 1) no matter how much lipstick you put on it, some will always see the ES as a glorified Camry and won't want their "upscale $$" spent that way, and 2) even if it loses nearly every comparo vs. the other LPS sedans, some will see the GS as a "sports car" and therefore justify the cost that way. There is little sanity when buying cars or falling in love. People can justify almost anything they put their minds to and then argue with anyone who disputes them. That's one reason why message boards like this thrive.
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    That's why I bought the GS350 instead of ES350.
    You can't even tell the rear end between the two cars until
    you come close to it.
    Buying a fully loaded Camry XLE still gives plenty of cash left.
  • Went to only dealer in LV and was told they do not "deal" on purchase of '07 subject vehicles; must pay MSRP. I've never heard of this tactic before, and have never bought a new car at MSRP, but then again I've never purchased a Lexus before. Has anyone else had the same experience at the dealer or was I just being given a sales pitch? Is a new Lexus that desirable that you have to pay MSRP?
    Shop around outside LV. They are probably the only Lexus dealer within a zillion miles and figure they can simply demand MSRP - and, they can because they have no local competition. However, the flipside is that there is nothing that forces you to buy from them. There are plenty of on-line sources of GS350's if you don't mind traveling a bit to get one. You can have it serviced at any Lexus dealer.
  • ghoopghoop Posts: 1
    I'm waiting on a call from LV Lexus. They are part of a costco program that should deal at 750.00 over invoice. We shall see! I'll update if they do.
  • Phoenix area. Just got a GS350 with ML/Nav/XMradio for $46,671 + TTFees. MSRP is $51,763 (last option on Lexus site in Build your GS). Invoice is $45,671. So I paid exactly $1000 over invoice. Normally they sell for $2500 over invoice in the Phoenix area but had some additional negotiating ability on this one.
  • Trying to find chrome wheels that are replacements for the 18" standard wheels. Don't want to go through Lexus. Does anyone know who makes the wheels for 2007 Lexus GS350 RWD? Or where I can get replacements that are exactly like the Lexus ones except in chrome?
  • What dealership did you get this at? I too am in Phoenix and looking at this car. Did you lease? If so how much down and what were your monthly payments?
  • shenghshengh Posts: 29
    Put a deposit down this afternoon - Negotiated $2750 off MSRP ($48997) for a GS350 with Nav & 18" wheels + other accessories (total of about $4132).

How does this compare - should I be happy? Seems like the dealer here in Houston was really unwilling to give much as there weren't many GS350's in their lot (only saw 2 or 3).
  • Chandler of Lexus and I paid cash.
  • lcarrlcarr Posts: 1
    Just picked up my brand new GS 350 yesterday in Ramsey NJ. :shades: Im glad I went with Lexus vs mercedes E350. Lexus amenities out weighs Mercedes by a land slide. Great experience at the dealership.
  • whether they got a good deal AFTER they take delivery? It seems to me that the appropriate time to inquire is when the dealer makes an offer. Is it a good one? It reminds me of clients bringing a signed contract to an atty to ask if there are any problems.
    actually, I did not take delivery. I continued to negotiate knowing I could withdraw the deposit whenever I wanted to. In the end, I got a much better deal elsewhere.
  • Please advice on the purchase price of the Lexus 2007 GS 350 without any extra option. Thanks a lot.

I live in Houston, Texas
    2 weeks ago I noticed a few base GS350's on the lot, suggesting that the base models were not selling as quickly. This should give you some negotiating room. Go for $500 over invoice. I am pretty happy with my guy at Westside Lexus. I also know a guy at Sterling McCall, so let me know if you need an intro.
  • Thanks for your message. I went to the dealer yesterday, but they only showed me the MSPR price only...not the invoice.
    none of these guys will give you a 'good' price until you negotiate with them. Just asking for a discount won't usually cut it :)
  • Hi,

Please advise latest money factor and res. % for a GS 350 w/ AWD for a 12,000 mile lease 36 months. Unless there is a sweet spot anywhere up to 48 months.

Thanks
  • Is that the price include tax + title and lic. ?
    no it does not.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi allagaro. Try posting in the GS 350 Lease Questions discussion, also. Let us know what you find out.