Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 350

Comments

• sjabsjab Posts: 2
    I just took my car in today to have them replaced. Seems to have worked but I only drove it for about 30 minutes (drive home from the dealer) so my hope that is the quiet continues!! YEAH!!
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    I hope the new pads will also fix the excessive dust issue.
  • I own a 2007 GS350, and have the dash rattle and brake screech problems. My dealer told me the dash is a 6 hour fix, and I have to make an appointment far in advance. As for the brakes, I have had a repair by the dealer (didn't work), and when I returned, the repair writer told me that there is nothing that can be done as no parts are available. I have called Lexus twice (latest time 1/14/08), and was told "the engineers in Japan are working on a solution" When I asked gor a time fram (eg a week?, month?, year?) I was told that they couldn't say. This is pure bull____ because they are still selling $50M cars with both of these defects, and when they do ever get a fix on the brake problem, there will be a serious time backlog.

I finally took the dealer to task, and told them I deserved a complete brake job right now under warranty, and if the problem arises again before a permanent fix, I should continue to get brake jobs under warranty. Who knows if they will ever fix this problem. By the way, the dealer agreed.

I think if all GS owners took this position, I would prove so costly to Lexus they might get off thier duff and solve the problem
  • jon75jon75 Posts: 7
    I have had the brake pads replaced(I believe they are ceramic, but not sure), and it did fix the "screech" problem. An added advantage is that the dust issue is now almost non-existent. This was done two months ago, so it appears that the fix is lasting.
    I had the dealer fix the ticking(or creaking) noise on the windshield, and it worked for a while. However, I noticed a little bit of ticking recently when it got really cold. Could you clarify where you placed the foam? Is it between the defroster vents and the windshield? Or is it on both sides in front of the speakers(there is no vent in that area). Or, are you saying the insertion point is midway between the defroster vents and the speakers(I think that is what you mean, but wanted to make sure)? Is it visible either from inside or outside the vehicle? Thanks.
    Your thought is correct.
    The insertion point is midway between the defroster vent &
    the speaker on each side.
    I used 6" (wide) x 1 1/4 (deep) x 1/4 (thickness) vibration
    damper pads, one on each side.
    With a little force, push the pad down the
    gap between the windshield & dashboard until it's not visible
    from the inside. No, it's not visible from the outside (that was the
    first thing I checked after I pushed it in).
    Foam may not work because it could still cause noise when the
    dashboard pushes against it when the car runs over bumps.
    The new pads & rotors don't come out until this month.
    Your squealing brake fix may fall into excessive dust fix.
    If the screeching noise comes back, tell dealer about new pads &
    rotors.
    I went back to my service records, they replaced the pads and calipers, machined the rotors. No brake dust, no squealing. Brake performance does not appear to be affected. Don't understand why they are telling you to wait, it appears they have the fix now. And this was done in November.
    They told me to wait more than a month ago. They said the new pads & rotors
    won't be available until late January 09.
    Already made an appointment for it in two weeks along with recent Lexus recalls/special service campaigns.
    Had the brake squealing fixed a week ago.
    Dealer thought Lexus came out with a new pad to fix the brake
    squealing noise, but new shims instead.
    So I requested alternative pads to fix the excessive brake dust.
    Dealer installed new shims & new pads. So far the squealing noise has gone away.

Dealer also serviced 2 recalls (fuel delivery pipe & rear booster
    pin). Lexus also paid for a full gas tank for fuel delivery pipe
    repair.
  • Hello

I am in market to buy a GS 350 with Navigation Package. Before I enter the dealership I really like to have my home work done.

The best price which was given to me was from Sterling Mc Call Lexus Dealership in Houston Tx

Luxury Performance Package w/Navigation: (includes)...
    6-Speed AT with Sequential Multi-Mode and Electronic Throttle Control with Intelligence (ETCS-I)
    (RS) Rain Sensing Wipers w/Mist Control, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) and Headlamp Cleaners
    (SS) Power Rear Window Sunshde
    (VS) Ventilated Front Seats
    (LS) Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    (FW) 18" Summer Tires with Spare
    (Z1) Preferred Accessory Package (Wheel Locks, Trunk Mat, & Cargo Net)
    (NV) Navigation System w/compass, EMV, and Rear Camera
    (RF) Rear Spoiler
    (BA) Rear Bumper Applique
    (IK) iPod Interface Kit

MSRP = $50,445 ... Internet Special = $47,531

Can someone provide me with some feedback. Thanks
  • shenghshengh Posts: 29
    drop me a note and I can forward you a name of a guy at Westside who can beat that deal and offer better after the sales service for you. I bought both of mine from there.
  • jngo1jngo1 Posts: 21
    Dear Shengh/board members:
    Hope you are doing great. What are some of reasonable offerings for NEW left over 08 gs350 [~100s mile] RWD, no nagivations. Does 42.5K Out the door sound reasonable in Dallas/Forthworth areas?
    thanks very much for your kind replays
    please email me if you have further questions/reasonable offerings
    apartment4rent_4@hotmail.com
  • h344077h344077 Posts: 1
    Just took delivery on '09 gs 350. Already noticed the windshield noise on both sides when hitting any bumps. Also, some unexpected dust residue on rear panel behind tire. Could this be from the infamous brake issue?

Biggest question is how and to whom to seek resolution. Obviously the dealer. But, what advice is out there on how to avoid the potholes in this discussion.

Thanks

hp 4077
  • bobbi5bobbi5 Posts: 2
    42.5K sound high for an 08 GS350, even though it's new. I bought an 09 about 6 weeks ago in So. Florida - RWD - no navigation - but with all the other "options" that come in on the cars for 44.6K (which included dealer fees). Good luck.
  • woodykwoodyk Posts: 1
    Did the dealer fix it under warranty or did they make you pay? Mine has the same issue and it looks like the front pades have worn down much more than the rear pads and the fronts had a lot of excessive dust.
  • mandfmandf Posts: 3
    I was thinking of buying a GS300, but when I went to the dealer to test drive one, I found that it wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be. Is this a case where I was expecting too much because I've read so many good reviews about the vehicle, is it my imagination or are the 300 series just bumpy rides. I felt almost every bump on the road. Does this have something to do with the run flat tires, are they making the vehicle more bumpy. The car was quiet, but bumpy.

Have other folks had the same experience, or did I simply get a bad vehicle. I read so may great things about comfort and smoothness that I thought the vehicle would glide, but I felt a very shaky bumpy ride. Do I need to go test drive a couple others or is this the way it is?
  • jaymkjaymk Posts: 86
    Hi Mandf,
    The GS is more on the sporty side so You will feel the bumps. If you really want a smooth ride I would recommend checking out the ES. Next time when you are at the dealership try out both cars back to back so you can feel the difference.
    Thankyou
  • acctprofacctprof Posts: 41
    I got about the same deal in Atlanta. They only had one 2009 on the lot and were in no mood to haggle. I got $7,300 off the list. Tax, title, license, off the lot for $42,500. Navi, bluetooth, etc, but no Mark L. or Park Assist.
  • bobbi5bobbi5 Posts: 2
    Was the $42,500 for an '08 or an '09? If 2009, you did incredibly well.