Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 350

Comments

• smr36smr36 Posts: 59
    Very well thought out and informative post. Thanks! I'm thinking about a GS350 when the '08 models come out.
  • smr36smr36 Posts: 59
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with vibration. That is NOT acceptable! Take it back to dealer and demand it be fixed or car replaced. Don't accept any bs about "that's normal..." etc.
  • v312155v312155 Posts: 12
    The GS 350 (AWD) is a fantastic car. It's powerful, fast, great looking, and runs nicely on 87 octane gasoline. With 303 horsepower, it does the quarter mile in 14.3 seconds. Faster the my muscle car, a four speed 1969 Corvette, with 350 horses. I purchased my GS 350 in January 2007. You can negotiate price via the internet. I paid $1,000 over MSRP. The GS 350 is a REAL value.
  • jaymkjaymk Posts: 86
    You mean $1000 over invoice?
  • v312155v312155 Posts: 12
    CORRECT - By bad!

At least someone is reading this web page.
  • dhellerdheller Posts: 28
    If you use Verizon, it is relatively common knowldge that they modify the firmware on the phone (make it proprietary) and mess with the bluetooth protocols. Why Verizon does this, nobody knows, but it is a fact.

Treo phones on Cingular service work fine, same model on Verizon don't (same OS, etc) I've confirmed this myself on another car and with Garmin Nuvi 600 with bluetooth. Particularly problematic on phone books.

Switched to Motorola Q on Verizon and now works fine.
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Posts: 351
    Could be a loose/broken engine mount. No way that motor runs "rough" for any reason, yet alone becouse it has 33 more HP!
  • datribdatrib Posts: 12
    The dealer hooked my bluetooth for the exact same phone with no problems. If you're still hav'n problems, let me know and I'll look up the expert's phone #. I just don't have his # on me right now.
  • datribdatrib Posts: 12
    I'd like to know how your GS350 is running after a year of using 87 octane. I'm no expert on the matter but sales guy swore by octane 91 as a must, or at least 90% of time.
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    I was able to hook up only once after I bought the phone. But the calls just kept dropping.
    Now the car couldn't see the phone.
    Didn't have any problem with the Samsung phone
    model.
    Today I noticed my front (empty) passenger seat vibrates quite a bit when the speed is between 60-75 mph.
    Could it be the front tires are out
    of balance (then I would feel it through the steering wheel, too. But I didn't.), or it has hard run flat tires, or it's an AWD car.
    Does anyone experience this?
    Checked the wheels, no signs of the weights
    came off.
  • blevisonblevison Posts: 1
    I'd really like to find out how to modify my nav so my wife can operate it while I drive. Any help in steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know the phone number of the company that wrote the program for the nav system...maybe they can help.
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Posts: 75
    My Verizon Treo 650 works fine in my GS450h, although there's one trick that's required to get it connected. After you enter the device code and the device tries to make it's connection, you need to quickly make a call on the phone. For some reason, this seems to cause the connection between the phone and car to be established. If you wait for the connection w/o doing this, it will just time out. This is only required for the first time the phone is setup.
    The only other very minor issue is the car doesn't recognize the signal strength and battery meter information. Those show up as blank on the screen.
    Hope this helps.
  • fussballfussball Posts: 2
    Looking at the GS350 rear wheel drive with Mark
    L package in the Kansas City area.
    Any info on buying experience in the KC area would be very helpful.
    thanks
    Sean
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Try this discussion: Lexus GS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience.

Good luck and welcome! I like your user ID. :)
  • fussballfussball Posts: 2
    Thanks, will check out the link.
    I tried your method, but it didn't work.
    So I deleted the Handsfree device connection
    on the Treo and put it in the search mode
    again. The Treo found the Handsfree again and
    let me enter the Passkey. They are now connected.
    I guess somehow the Passkey got deleted in the
    Treo. That's probably why they failed to
    make a connection.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Every time when I turn on the car, the car
    always puts the vent to circulated mode.
    There are 3 types: circulation, auto, and
    fresh air (outside air in).

Is it only my car or that's how the vent
    system works in the GS350?
    Also is there a way I can default to
    fresh air mode every time I turn on the car?
    Thanks in advance.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Posts: 292
    It will use this mode for rapid cooling, and then switch to outside air once the average temp of the car is low enough.
    I will pay attention to it next time.
    I had to manually switch to outside air when
    the inside temp is hotter than the outside temp.
    One time I saw it continuously toggled between inside & outside modes.