Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sean88sean88 Posts: 6
    Hi, 4myfamily, Have you make the purchase? If not, I'd like to buy together with you. Could you please share the name and address of the dealer with me?
    Thank you.
    Hi nut,
    I am also interested to buy with you guys. Thank you.
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Posts: 16
    Sean88,
    the $34K was for RDX 2013 FWD tech. not sure if they still have 2013 or not..you may want to check

Dealer is Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
    Sean88,

I have not purchase the car yet. I just called in now trying to get the price even lower but salesman did not. Here is the final price and fees

2014 RDX AWD Tech
    Price $35,690.00
    Destination $895
    Processing Fee $399
    Tax NC 3.17%
    Tags & Title $150

Pohanka Acura
    Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
    Hazelnut, I have not purchase the car yet. I just called in now trying to get the price even lower but salesman did not. Here is the final price and fees.

2014 RDX AWD Tech
    Price $35,690.00
    Destination $895
    Processing Fee $399
    Tax NC 3.17%
    Tags & Title $150

Pohanka Acura
    Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
  • hazelnuthazelnut Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Hi 4myfamily,

my post about my email was removed =(
    thank you so much for sharing everything! I emailed them and asked to get the same price!

I think I will just go with it, since it is already $1600 less than what I got before!
    I need to buy tomorrow, since I will be in NYC during the weekend. Maybe you can arrange to meet with sean88 at the dealer at a specific time, since there seems to be no other way of getting in touch with each other. Hopefully, you guys can negotiate a better deal!

Thank you again.
  • hazelnuthazelnut Posts: 6
    Hi Sean,

I need to buy the car tomorrow (Friday) since I will be in NYC during the weekend. I think you can arrange to meet up with 4myfamily and you two together can negotiate a double deal in person with the dealer (since I try to post my email to get in touch with 4myfamily but my email address was deleted).

Good luck on getting a better deal!
    Thanks for checking the 2014 model for me. Do you know the price for the FWD basic 2014 RDX and the 2013 basic? The 2014 tech is too expensive and I think its not worth it. Thank you!!!
  • tubulustubulus Posts: 13
    Has anyone gotten close to the price above near NYC? (Basically about 37000+taxes).
  • uvaskemeuvaskeme Posts: 1
    Thanks for the heads up on the $34K OTD Pohanka deal in Chantilly, VA. Unfortunately, they ran out of their entire 2013 RDX stock. However, after some negotiations over the phone with another dealer, was able to get either the 2013 FWD with Tech for $34K OTD or the 2013 AWD with Tech for $35.4K OTD. Both were excellent deals, but ended up choosing the AWD based on the available color selections. $32.9K before fees and taxes for AWD with Tech was hard to pass up.
  • useless3useless3 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Wanted to let you know was able to purchase a new 2014 RDX for $34,100.00 including Destination at the end of June 2013
    The only additions that I paid were taxes, transfer of plate fees and dealer doc/ prep fees of less than $400.00
    Please negotiate hard... I am sure that the dealer still made plenty of money.
    I shopped, haggled and negotiated and by the way..found the car in the color of my choice.
    This did not include the Tech package and was readily available in NJ.
    useless3 ,
    what is dealer name and salesman please? thanks
    edited June 2013
    uvaskeme,

Congratulations,
    What dealer did you end up with?
    Thx
    Hi,UVASKEME, thanks for your post. Could you let me know where do you get your final deal and do they still have the 2013 model please?
    Thank you.
  • How is 36000K OTD for for 2014 RDX AWD - Base.
  • OTD doesn't mean a thing when we

1. Don't know the state sales tax rate
    2. You don't post the doc fee(s)
    3. TTL varies from state to state.
  • scuba01scuba01 Posts: 29
    Recently picked up our RDX AWD Tech in MD

Is this the best deal? Who knows, but we are happy.
    Car is great.
    $37,007: 2014 AWD Tech
    $895: Destination fee
    $261: wheel locks and mud guards installed
    $200: dealer processing fee
    $301.90: Registration and title fees
    $2,543.75: (6% MD Tax)
    $41,208 = OTD prior to trade in
    I would not say this is a deal.
  • mikietmikiet Posts: 9
    Doesn't sound that good to me either. You mean to tell me you could not get them to at least throw in the wheel locks and mud guards and eliminate the destination fee? Guess if your happy that is all that matters. When I bought mine in May I got them eliminate destination fee and throw in mud flaps, wheel locks, remote start, cargo cover & fog lights!!! Was there negotiating for 4 hours and they knew we would walk if we didn't get the best deal.
  • I'm so thankful I stumbled upon this Forum. I'm not usually one to post in forums, but, I am currently in talks with my local Acura dealership and negotiating the purchase of a 2014 RDX. I've found a lot more confidence in my negotiations thanks to this forum, but I'm still not making a whole lot of progress. Wanted to get some feedback on where I sit with them currently - and would love any tips on how to get the price down from you pro negotiators...

The model is a 2014 RDX FWD Base and the dealer equips every model on the lot with:
    Roof Rails ($650*)
    Body side moldings ($259*)
    Splash guards ($138*)
    Pin Stripe
    Appearance Protection Package
    Wheel Locks ($56*)
    *prices from Acura website

Currently, I'm at $36,500 + 5% MS State Sales Tax = $38,325 OTD

With the included equipment does this help justify their unwillingness to budge? Any suggestions?