Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,170
    I bought mine last year at Ramsey, so in the same area. Ramsey is aggressive on price too.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• {dcarea}"The thrill is in the hunt and while I'm willing to help you, I'm not going to give the keys to the kingdom. If I personally knew you, this obviously wouldn't be an issue."

Anyone who would say this in this forum is a cretin, and you may tale that as an ad hom.
  • I am in the process to get the quotes for 14k AWD w/o Tech package and I need advice how to handle accessories. I am shooting for roof rail + crossbar, along with fog light, all season floor matts and cargo cover+net. Would it be better for me to disclose these upfront or should I wait to the very last minute and request these to be thrown in with heavy discount. I would like to hear how you handle such situations. Thx in advance
  • What are the various fees/items the final invoice will have and how much should they approximately total up to? Sales tax is 8.75% in my county. I know there will be California vehicle registration fees, Anything else?
  • Hi guys,

I am in the market to buy a new car. Currently, I have narrowed it down to two cars:
    1. 2014 Acura RDX AWD W/Tech (MSRP $40515)
    2. 2013 Lexus RX 350 AWD with these packages: Lexus Display/Audio, Comfort package, Premium package W/Blind Spot plus some minor accessories. (MSRP $48000)

There is about a $7.5K price difference between the two cars but I want to see how much of a discount I can get for each car to see if the price difference goes down.

I am from the Chicagoland area (7% tax). What is a good deal for these cars? I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thx!
  • newronewro Posts: 19
    Have a 2013 RDX no tech package, app. 6k miles. Notice that when at highway speed, 65mph plus there is a high pitched whine coming from the front. If you let off the gas, it gets lower. Not sure if its the tires on different road surfaces, the plastic where fog lights would go or what. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks
  • Did you happen to notice that this is the Prices Paid and not a tech forum?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    You might get a response from a current owner if you try the general RDX discussion, here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f25509f/284#MSG284

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• newronewro Posts: 19
    OK, Melvin, thanks, BTW, its ok with me if at any time you feel like it, you lose the attitude.
  • Hi,

I have been shopping around for the 2014 RDX AWD with Tech package in the Chicagoland area and the best quote I have gotten from dealers is $41000 OTD (includes everything and 7% tax). I think if I go to a dealership, I can get that price down a little more to around $40600-700. Is that a good deal? Or just average?

I have seen people here getting deals for around 39500 OTD with comparable tax rate but is that the norm or are those exceptionally great deals?

I am not in a hurry to purchase the vehicle (can wait till the end of the month). Would I get a better deal then? How should I approach dealers during the end of the month? Currently, a few dealers refused to provide me with an OTD price unless I come to the dealership and a couple only offered to beat the discount on the best written deal I had by another 10%

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Have you had any luck?
  • Well...in my previous post, I had metioned that I was trying to decide between the RDX and the Lexus Rx 350. I decided to splurge and pick the Lexus.

I got a 2013 Lexus RX 350 for 49K OTD (includes 7% tax and all other fees). This is for a model with a sticker price of $51060.

Good luck in your search if you are looking for the RDX.
  • Sounds great. What was the price of the vehicle itself minus taxes and fees? Also, what options are there?
  • 47000 not including the 1750 finance cash back.

Options include comfort package, nav, premium with blind spot, Park assist, 19 inch wheels, preferred accessory package, cross bars, leather trimmed steering wheel, towing prep and door edge guards.

Got the 1.9% for 60 months as well.
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations! Good work in negotiating. If you don't mind answering, which city (or state) are you located in? Enjoy your vehicle - good choice.
  • Schaumburg, IL. I actually got a couple of dealers to offer the same deal and picked the one who offered it first. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
  • ap77ap77 Posts: 6
    In the market for a 2014 base model RDX and want to have fog lamps installed. Any advice on when to get installed? As in, before the purchase or after? Should I make the purchase first and then the dealer installs it or should I have them install it first and then sign the paperwork?

Any experiences on how to handle this?

Thanks!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,170
    you can negotiate them into the deal, and likely save some money on it.

plus, if they do it then, pretty sure it gets covered by the BTB warranty. If you do it afterwards, you don't get that. Not that it is likely to matter.

so, just do the deal, and if that is part of it, have them put on before you sign the final papers and take delivery.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• vensaivensai Posts: 6
    Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 36,600 till now in Houston area.
  • vensaivensai Posts: 6
    Typo error. Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 35,600 till now in Houston area. nay one got better offer.