Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ceijiceiji Posts: 2
    I got a quote for $34K + TTL for 2014 RDX AWD in Michigan. Do you think it could go down?

I also noticed a new 2013 RDX AWD in another dealer inventory. Can someone please advice what a good price on the 2013 would be? I need a reference to base my negotiation on.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 232
    I gave you guys a heads up this might happen. It ended up working out tonight. Just left Tischer Acura with a new 2014 Acura RDX AWD Tech in Silver Moon Ebony. In late November of 2012, I had left the same dealership and same sales person with a 2013 new Acura RDX 2014 in Silver Moon Ebony.

Here are my final numbers:

Selling Price $37,500
    Dealer Processing Charge = $200
    Dealer installed items and charges $0
    Electronic Title and Registration $20
    Total Purchase Price $37,720
    Tire Recycling Fee $4
    Extended Service Contract $0
    Title Tax $402 (this is so low because they gave me $31k for my 2013 RDX AWD Tech)
    Lien Filing Fee $20
    Transfer Fee $0
    Registration Fee $200
    Total Cash Delivered Price $38,848.00
    MSRP = $39,620 + $895 = $40,515

For reference, here is a link to a breakdown of what I paid last November 2012 for the 2013 RDX: http://townhall.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e58ab.f0e58a8/1565#MSG1565
  • I got a quote while back for a 2013 acura rdx base awd OTD for $36,500 with 8% NY tax rates, but waited, and looking forward to purchasing one this year instead, preferably in december
  • Try Portland. i got a few offers right around the 37k mark for a 2014 rdx w/tech. Dealers in portland, or seem far more willing to deal than Seattle.
  • bowlophobowlopho Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    i got a quote for a RDX FWD w/tech package in Southern California
    $35,415 + tax and fees.

7.75% tax rate and like $445.75 in fees
    comes out to around $38.6k

my first quote was $36785+ tax and fees and I ended at $35,415 + tax and fees. It's been hard to get the 4 dealers in my area to drop even lower.
  • I am looking at a 2014 RDX and the salesman is telling me that I can run my RDX on regular fuel, and that the premium is only "recommended" not required. He said to run a tank of premium every so often for a clean out. Is this really the case? I have a 2011 MDX and when I have run regular fuel in it the knocking is outrageous, the last time I ran regular it was so bad I had to put some fuel cleaner into my tank to get things back to normal. Has something changed with the 2014 RDX that will allow me to run on regular fuel and still enjoy driving it?
  • bowlophobowlopho Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    they changed their engine in the 2013 RDX. I just got the 2014 RDX and haven't tried running regular gas yet. My sales person also told me that it can run on regular. it's only a $3-$4 different for a full gallon of gas, i am not sure if I want to take the risk.
  • I would never depend on the word of a salesperson as to the fuel needs of your vehicle.

What does your manual say?

Most cars that require or recommend premium have a label inside the fuel filler door.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,556
    manual says premium recommended, RUG minimum acceptable.

I have starting running some tanks of regular in mine, and have not noticed 1 iota of difference. MPG as good or better, performance fine (hey, if they took away a few HP, still has 50+ overkill!). And have never heard a knock or ping (if I did, would never do it again).

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• What was the MSRP on the car and what other options did you get and what did you pay for those other options?

Do you have any idea on how much discount to ask for on extras? For example to get the wood-looking steering wheel the let price is $550.
  • Got the following quote for 2014 RDX AWD w/o tech package after visiting a lot of dealers around NYC/NJ

Base price: $34500 (includes fog lamps and all weather mats)
    Doc fee: $350
    Tax and title cost: $2800
    Total OTD: $37600

Is this a good deal. Please provide guidance.

Thanks
  • Hi, I'm looking for that model in the ny/nj area as well. Which dealership did you get the quote from? I just started getting quotes and so far all have been above your base not including options.
  • Just purchased 2014 RDX/AWD tech package with all weather floor mats F&R. cargo tray, mud guards,wheel locks,door edge film ,installed by dealer for $38,800 + tax. I'm in Seattle area, took 10 mins we agreed on price.. out the door in less than 1 1/2 hrs... I was happy with the price...
  • I am in Austin, TX and looking to buy Acura RDX base FWD before year end.

Anyone purchase a 2014 FWD Base RDX in Austin/DFW/Houston area? What price did you pay and what dealer? Thank you.
  • Got a quote for 2014 RDX AWD (no tech) for $34750 + TTL in Midwest. Chicago dealers are $500 cheaper. Any help, what would be good price.
  • Price paid for 2014 RDX AWD w/Tech, White Diamond Pearl, ODO 5 miles, Cincinnati: $39,090. (Price includes destination fee; excludes tax, title and license.)

• Thanks familyguy1. May I ask when did you buy it?
  • Price paid 12/15 for 2014 RDX FWD with tech, red basque, ODO 6 miles, San Diego: $35,800. (Price includes destination fee; excludes TTL)

• In market for RDX and so far the quotes were... RDX AWD no-tech : 33999 (Includes destination excludes tax and ttl) RDX AWD with tech: 37400

Searching around Philly and NJ area... is this a good quote?

• Just purchased a new 2014 RDX base model FWD, OTD $34295, I am at Dallas, tax is 6.5%. I think it is good deal, how do you guys think?