Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kojunekojune Posts: 8
    :( Attention: Atlanta Buyers,
    I found Nalley Acura to be very unprofessional and a liar. First, they tried to sale me the car above MSRP and then tried to add $1000.00 for “protection package.” Do not I repeat do not buy from Nalley Acura in Atlanta. I purchase my 2008 RDX W/TECH (Black on Taupe) from Baranco Acura :) for 34,400.00 price included the $670 destination and “protection package.” I would definitely recommend anyone buying an Acura to go there. My sales representative was awesome and he was very, very professional. Contact me and I give you his info. I did not purchase a car from Sutton Acura, :) but they had similar deals. They to were extremely professional. The only reason I did not purchase from them is because they are located in Macon. :mad: Ed Voyles Acura were not very professional either. They also tried to over price and told me I have to pay for a protection package.
  • Everytime I email dealers I never get a price back just a phone call to come in and test drive. Could someone email me with a "correct letter" to get an email price. Thanks.

ajo518@yahoo.com

Art
  • i got an email offer for a 2008 rdx for $31,200 from a dealership in nj.

is this too good to be true? are there factory to dealer incentives going on right now?

thanks,
  • 31,200 definitely possible. I also got the same quote.
  • kwiskwys, are you in nj/ny also? wondering if it's the same springfield acura dealership...

do they have to honor this is i have it in an email??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    do they have to honor this is i have it in an email??

They may honor it... Don't be surprised if there are extra line items, when you show up..

Do they have to? No..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Can anyone recommend a good AZ Acura Dealer.

THANKS
  • People have been paying under $30K for a 2007 base RDX (with the factory-to-dealer incentive on 2007 models). $31200 for a 2008 model is a good deal, but not unbelievable. If you print out the e-mail and take it to the dealer, they will likely honor it. You can probably get any other local dealer to match it as well.
  • No, mine was from Boardwalk Acura , near AC
  • purchased an 08 rdx for 32k plus $710 dest. and fees.

edmunds doesn't have an invoice price on the rdx. why is this? True market value is 33,715 (dest. included)

i was able to wrangle all season mats and mud guards b/c i had a written offer of 31,200 from a nj acura dealer and they weren't able to match. it.

dealer was in nyc.

what do you think about this deal?

incidentally, their 3 yr, 2.99% financing was good only if you buy the extended warranty and lo jack. without either, they quoted 8.49%. not sure why they would do that considering any joe can go onto the internet and get 6.99% easily. they weren't even able to match that ( or perhapsthey were unwilling to). why??

thanks edmunds readers..
  • I wrote that I had gotten a sign and drive lease for the RDX from Open Road Acura - and I did - the deal did not change at all.

BTW - as an aside the people quoting 31.2K for the base model sounds like a very realistic deal based on Cars.com as it is right at invoice. I actually was able to get mine slightly below invoice with the tech (34,400 I got 34,200), and I got the low MF for the lease or I could have gotten the car finaced with the low rate - go to Open Road Acura in NJ and ask for Steve or Nick the sales manager. They will likely give you the right price and the right financing.

Anyhow I got off topic.

My wife originally drove the MDX without me there and loved it, I went in with the idea of the RDX since she liked the size and price better, but she didn't have time to drive it when she went to Acura. I drove the RDX alone one evening after work - and I was sold!

This past Saturday we went back to have her test drive the RDX and hopefully pick up our new car.

Just to be sure I made us go the night before to Honda and we both drove the CR-V. I like Hondas, but for me the RDX was still a no brainer - at just $107 more a month with same sign and drive lease - paddle shifting the turbo alone was enough for me, let alone all the other goodies.

For my wife she didn't really like the styling on the Honda nearly as much, but she didn't appreciate the difference between the two during the test drives because she is a very cautious driver. She didn't engage the turbo even once on the RDX even though I begged her to floor it. Back in the showroom she said she was indifferent to the CR-V's drive and handling in relation to the RDX. As this is going to be her car I said she needed to be passionate or she was getting the cheaper of the two. I rode in the back seat for her two drives and noticed the RDX was much firmer but also much rougher - to the point of being a bit unpleasant for me. I could handle the CR-V in the back with the seat reclined, but the RDX's seats were too upright and I really did not look forward to a back seat adventure in the RDX.

Now for me it was still a no-brainer to get the RDX despite the rough ride in the back. Then I made the mistake of driving the MDX. I liked it so much more. Even though the third row seats were very unrealistic for me at being over 6' tall (I always sit in my own back seats before I buy). I took it for a test drive and just realized if I purchased an Acura it was going to be the MDX.

Back at the showroom I made them price me the same lease for the MDX. 15k miles, 36 months, nothing down at all - true sign and drive. What came back dropped my jaw. Now I price all the cars I shopped for as sign and drive whether it was the BMW X3, Lexus RX-350, Infiniti FX35, Honda CR-V, Nissan Murano, the Mercedes whatever they call it, all of them had to give me the same sign and drive numbers. For me it makes comparing and making value judgements easier. The MDX was $760 a month!!! With just Tech/Ent (no sport) it was $164 a month more than the RDX/Tech. No question for us it was not a good value. Heck, Lexus was almost $100 a month cheaper!

With our heads spinning and suddenly full of uncertainty we left to get a bite to eat and think about stuff. About two miles down the road we decided that if we were looking at Honda, we might as well look at Mazda, and Open Road Mazda (same owners as Open Road Acura) was right there in front of us. Well a few hours later we drove out with a completly loaded CX-9 for $650 a month (we did add the wear-and-tear package which boosted the price to $671, but all the Acura prices were excluding wear-tear too).

So basically for $120 a month less than the MDX and $54 more than the RDX we got a fully loaded, and I mean fully loaded Mazda. True 7 adult capacity, rain sensing wipers, compass and auto dimming rear view, blindspot sensor, passenger power seat, DVD, power lift gate, advanced key that stays in your purse or wallet the entire time (like the infinity), mud guards, roof rack with the cross rails, remote start, wheel locks, all season floor mats, Bose 5.1 w/ 11 speaker stereo, Sirius, nav, awd, 20" wheels, power plug and video input for DVD in back of car, memory seat, and much more. We all liked the interior better then the RDX or the MDX. None of the little nit-picking parts of the MDX - like only one side of second row slides forward, and second row can't adjust forward to give 3rd row passengers more room. The '08 CX-9 engine rocks and the ride is super smooth, but not mushy at all. The bluetooth works well enough as does the nav, but taking into account the price it really rocks, and it uses 87 octane gasoline - which saves even more cash.

I was really shocked when they came to the financing part. 0% financing for up to 3yrs for either '07 or '08, for the '07 they had 72 months 5.9% (good luck finding an '07) up to 60 months for the '08. We did the lease and I was sure the MF was going to be worse. Acura has the .00189. Mazda was .00131!!!! Home run, and with the residual of 52% for all wheel drive and DVD (two things that say - beaten up car after 3yrs) I was blown away.

They even let me use their internet connection to do my research in their showroom. I told them if I could verify their numbers and they checked out I would drive off with the car.

The CX-9 was the only car that everyone in the family truly drooled over. Our 8yr old started clapping when we told him this was going to be our car. All the kids know way to much about cars these days (our youngest asked what the money factor was! - that is just wrong).

Sorry for being so long winded, and for posting about the CX-9 in the RDX forum, but I really thought people should hear my story on this. I still highly recommend Open Road Acura, just not as much as Open Road Mazda (ask for Derek and Shane if you go).

Good luck to all of you no matter what you choose.

Tommy D.
  • you got beat! Sorry to say. The price is off - goto cars.com. Also the financing they tried to bamboozle you I think as well putting in 2 options that are pretty pricey (but perhaps worthwhile) as strings for the financing.

Did you threaten to walk out? Or goto the other dealer?

Might have helped, just my 2 cents is all.

All the same enjoy your new car.
  • i didn't take the financing. ended up paying all cash. but they ddin't even try and match me on 6.99% that i could have gotten by myself.

i now realize that i could've done better on the price.

thanks
  • Anyone knows the Costco price on RDX 2008?

I filled out the form on costco.com, but the dealer I was assigned (looks like there is only one in my area that works with costco auto program) refused to qoute the price via e-mail and phone claiming that I have to test drive the car first. Obviously, it's a BS.
  • Are there any incentives for the 2007 rdx? How low should I aim for on a demo 07 with the tech package?
  • stathisstathis Posts: 32
    You guys are killing me.....I got my RDX w/o Tech in January and paid $32.5K. Now, I could have gotten the Tech for another 500 bucks....
    Bad timing........
  • how low can you get the tech and non tech in the northeast... upstate new york or jersey?
  • Hi ,

I just got a price for RDX W/O tech for 31700 from the dealer , if anyone has any pricing info to share from South East Michigan I would appreciate it.

Also anyone ever use the New Car Pricing package from Consumer reports ? I am pretty useless when it comes to bargaining , wondering if any of you guys had any experience using the pricing info from consumer reports.

Cheers
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    If you don't want to negotiate, try the Costco program or other buying services. Negotiating a good deal is a lot easier than you might think. You don't even have to go to the dealer to do it. I buy lots of cars and NEVER go to the dealer without already knowing what I'll be paying. If a dealer won't give you a solid quote via e-mail or fax, then just go somewhere else.
  • So the best price in the tri state for a '08 RDX w/ Tech is $34400 (destination charge included)? I read the whole thread and that was back in October so anyone purchase a RDX recently this month with a lower price? In addition, what's the difference between the '07 and '08. So far I just know about the power seats and the tilting side mirrors. Thanks for the help!
  • I brought a TL-Tech in NJ and I told a friend who got a RDX Tech last week, he paid invoice price of $34,429 plus destination of $715. Also, there is a big difference in the suspension from a 07 to an 08, and the 08 has memory seats, the 07 does not.

You can go to www.acurasearch.com to see the dealership and the salesman that we brought from. Hope that helps.
  • A month ago people were getting RDX w/ Tech for $34400 including destination charge.
  • To those it may concern:
    For most of October we had been negotiating with the floor manager of South Coast Acura Subaru on Harbor Blvd in Orange County with regard to a new 2006 Acura TSX equipped with navigation and lojack. The only issue left was the price, which was addressed, by the salesman's letter of October 22 in which he proposed that we “partake” of South Coast’s offer “priced at $25,281 plus fees and license”; he would “await {y}our decision.”
    On Friday night of that week, I left dinner early to finalize the deal with South Coast Acura. I found the floor manager sitting at his computer, and informed him that I was prepared to buy the Acura TSX for twenty-five thousand plus fees, to which he enthusiastically agreed, raising to shake my hand, stating that “we had a deal”. The salesman must have heard us and came over to also shake my hand, telling me what a great deal I had made. In the mean time, the floor manager was on the computer making sure everything was in order. He went through the particulars, finalizing the price at “$25,000 plus fees and license”, and had a “sold to David” sign put on the dashboard so it could not be sold by mistake.
    Meanwhile, the general manager, who had been listening to this while explaining to me how I could finance the car at no cost on my credit card by paying off the invoice from Honda as soon as it came, also kindly agreed to store the car at no charge as long as I first paid for it; thereby enabling me to give it to surprise my wife on her birthday in early December.
    Then the general manager asked the floor manager to get up so he could check out the deal. He asked the floor manager if various bosses were aware and had approved that this car be sold for “$25,000 plus fees and license. Did they know it had navi; were they aware it came with lojack, and was certified?”
    The floor manager replied that “yes, they were very much aware since we had been going back and forth for the last few weeks to get the deal done; all the items had been okayed by them, not to mention the salesman’s proposal letter.” I added that the certification, because they were going to sell me the 2006 Acura as a used car, was what cinched the deal.
    The salesman then started to get the financing paperwork to allow me to put the car on the credit card, telling me that it would take at least ten to fifteen minutes. Since I had left our dinner company early, and the general manager seemed to be taking so long getting through it, I said I would come back tomorrow to sign the paperwork.
    The salesman showed me the sold sign on the dashboard and told me not to worry about it, stating emphatically that “we had a deal”.
    Next day when we returned, my wife was given to understand that the deal was still on as she was shown all the cars goodies by the salesman, only to then be informed by the floor manager that they could not, and would not sell it to us for the agreed upon price because it was below invoice, causing them to lose money.
    “They sent me to do the dirty work, said the floor manager shamefully. I’m sorry, it’s out of my hands.”
    We asked how one could negotiate in good faith for weeks, shake hands on the deal with not just the salesman, but also the floor manager, who confirmed that it was also approved by those above him, and then just have them back out.
    The salesman tried to justify it saying, ”why would they possibly want to do a deal, where they would lose money; they’ll just wait for someone to come along who’ll pay more.”
    When we went back the next week to agree to take the car without the certification, thereby saving the dealer ship the money which the salesman said was stopping the deal, we were told that they would not even speak to us about the car because we had "threatened a lawsuit."
    Well Mr. salesman, since you told us from the start that they were losing money on it, why would you send us a letter proposing this deal if they were going to renege on it? Oh yes, that’s why car dealers have such a sterling reputation. It wasn’t a scam, just another loss leader that mysteriously disappeared.
    We have waited until now to initiate this complaint in the hope that the owner would have met with us or returned our phone calls to resolve this matter, but to no avail.

South Coast Acura Subaru:
    WHERE PROMISES AND HANDSHAKES ARE ONLY EMPTY WORDS AND GESTURES;
    WHERE A USED CAR SALES MANAGER IS NEVER FAR AWAY; AND TREACHERY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.

Gail and David
    Corona del Mar

cc: AARP consumer complaint division
    Better Business Bureau of Costa Mesa
    Better Business Bureau of Orange County
    California State Attorney General
    Daily Pilot
    David Horowitz
    District Attorney of Costa Mesa
    District Attorney of Orange County
    KFI John and Ken
    O.C.Register
  • Finally pulled the trigger.

08' RDX TECHNOLOGY (Black on Black) - Central NJ
    34479.00 + Tax + Doc + Tire + MV
    Total : $37443.00 (All inclusive)
    $649.50 a month for 60 months (4.9%) with $3000.00 down
    What do you guys think?
  • It's my first time to buy a car so I thought besides the destination charge, there's the tax and title. What type of fees are Doc, Tire, and MV. I'm guessing Doc is title?
  • cdb1cdb1 Posts: 4
    Does this sound like a good deal?

2008 Acura RDX w/o tech
    MSRP $33,910
    CAP COST $32,956
    Res Value $19,328
    MF .00155
    Upfront: $1260 (first pymt, bank fee, doc fee)
    36 mo's/12k miles
    Final payment $455
    After salesperson talked to Fin Mgr again, reduced to $429

Final two lease payments totalling $560 would be paid by dealer and they would then return the car to Honda, said they didn't want it....it's an '05 Accord ex-v6 coupe, 6 speed, not sure why they wouldn't want it?

Also considering the Mazda CX-7
  • The 08 model added memory seats and auto dimming rear view mirror.
  • Hi ,

Does anyone know about the advertising fee that acura charges the dealer? my dealer claims that acura charges him 600 $ and insists that its part of his invoice cost , is that true ?

Cheers
  • Which dealer is this? and does your 34479 include destination charge? I think it's an alright deal since people are getting $34400 including destination. Are you getting an freebies?
  • Ok...I'll try again (previous didn't post)...the cap cost reduction you mentioned-who's paying for that? And is this a Northeast dealer?