Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• $2400 for options sounds like a lot. Do you really need all that stuff? What is the price break down for each part? You can probably save money by buying on EBay and installing yourself.
  • Very true. I actually listed all that stuff at the dealership so they'd give me prices for each one to take home and re-evaluate. For example, I know I don't want/need the parking assist, etc.

breakdown as follows:
    Wood Grain - steering wheel: $202 (inc. installation)
    Wood grain - trim panel: $147 (inc. installation)
    Cargo net - $43
    Cargo Liner $ 170.20
    Cargo Tray $110.60
    Back up sensors (inc. attachment and install) $671.50
    Wheel locks $ 82.50
    Trailer hitch $ 532.20 (incl. installation)

Not too sure on the difference between a cargo tray and the cargo liner??
  • Just purchased in Northern California RDX base $31,495 including destination.
  • That's before taxes and fees?

Once weeding out unnecessary stuff, we end up with Tech, wheel locks, trailer hitch, for a grand total of $37K (including destination, title, and taxes). Seems reasonable?
  • Hdogdad, that's not bad, $275 over invoice. Which dealer did you buy from? Did you solicit quotes from other dealers up there?
  • Niello Acura in Sacramento. I did not solicit other dealers. Very easy transaction, no pressure. Deal done in 1 hour. Gary was the salesman.
  • I do not think it is a good idea to get all of those dealer extras (e.g. wood grain, liner, tray). These items are where the dealer makes their most money. Most of them can be had on ebay and installed yourself for pennies on the dollar. Further, these goodies do not and i repeat do not add resale value to the car.
  • Was at the Chicago Auto Show and started thinking about the RDX. The Auto Show website has RDX offers for base at $30,600. Awesome deal!

However, I am moving to CO from Chicago and I don't want to pay taxes twice, so I will wait to purchase when I move in June.

Here is a link to their RDX (Arlington Acura in Palatine, IL) priced just over $30K. Great price for this car!

http://www.drivechicago.com/heart.php?setsub=3725&vehicle_id=262339&passed_make=- Acura

(if the link doesn't work, go to www.drivechicago.com and search for Acura RDX).

Since Acura isn't hitting targets on the RDX, they are offering deals, which I believe is a first for Acura. Incentives weren't in the Acura dialogue a year or two ago.
  • Just paid under $300 over invoice for base RDX. Woot. :)
  • Does anyone have any first-hand experience driving in snowy weather? I live in the north where driving in snow is a big factor. I am currently driving an 05 4Runner which has been excellent in the snow. Thanks!
  • My first winter with the RDX,,,no problems.
  • I want to know if anyone from the atlanta area purches the rdx with tech for? I am ready to get one within 2 weeks. Please inform me about the fees and how much they are charging. thanks
  • rrkdrrkd Posts: 1
    Looking for RDX base. what's the best we can get?
  • Oh well, what are you going to do. I got what I think is a good deal in the end ($35K with tech pkg, tow pkg, wheel locks), and after the price was agreed upon, I got them to tint the windows at no extra cost. But what do I know.
  • dishwash42, you are absolutely hilarious. I was laughing out loud while reading your post :)
  • What brand of cigarette?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Wife and I went to Houston area Acura dealer today to purchase 2008 RDX Base (Polished Metal Metalic). We have been doing internet research for months and we have a good sense of what price is fair. We offered $30,800 (including destination). Immediately after seeing our offer, the salesman looks up at us, walks over to me and slaps me across the face. Then he lifts the back of my wife's chair, dumping her out and onto the floor. He then scampers outside and lights up a cigarette. We were mortified. I am considering writing a letter to Acura about this treatment. Could somebody tell me if my offer was so low that I deserved that treatment? We were planning to ask them to throw in a roof rack for free but we never got to that point in the negotiatios.
  • Red Apple brand cigarettes