Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• your best chance not to eat a serious amount of cash is to buy the car and keep it or sell it yourself, or trade it in for another Acura (you can negotiate to "forgive" the overage on the miles if you buy/lease another Acura).

Otherwise good luck paying 15-20 cents or whatever on 20,000 miles. Not sure why you leased a car you were going to drive 20,000+ miles per year
  • Thanks Tommy_gunn for the input.
    I would have about 14K/Yr when the lease is over and I will be about 6K miles over and it may cost about 1000 bucks if I decide to return.
    Do you think the car will be worth less than 21 grand by the end of the year.
    it is in really good condition and I have spent 1100 bucks to replace the tires.
  • i got a quote today:
    Sales price the 2010 RDX Tech AWD $35,800. w/o destination of course.
  • stan229stan229 Posts: 6
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. Where was this?
  • renovarrenovar Posts: 1
    That sounds about right... We just bought our 2010 AWD tech pack today. One thing I learned from my buying experience at this stage is this: Do your homework, folks! I woulda gotten ripped off big if I havent. The negotiation process went like this:

MSRP for this car is 38.4k.
    The dealer's initial offer is 500 off MSRP, or 37.9k, saying big demands, relatively low supply, and that he doesn't have such a big mark up anymore, whine ^3, blah^3...
    The next 1/2 hour we basically went back and forth, but I just seem to unable to get him below 37.5k, which he said would be a "take it or leave it" final price.

Then, I pulled out an offer from another dealership 1 hour away showing a quote of 36550 including destination. I told him to make both of our lives easier - he make slightly less profit (but still a profit), and saves me a couple hours of driving to that dealership and back. The salesman told us that he'll only go up to his manager on the condition that if they match it, we'll buy it, which I agreed to (in retrospect, I should have asked them to BEAT it, but oh well...). After about 15 minute of back and forth with his manager, they begrudgingly matched it. Looking at his face afterwards was priceless... and tells us that the price is probably a competitive. It's CERTAINLY not a price I could have gotten without the credible leverage in hand. I probably saved nearly 1000 bucks for less than an hour worth of work, in between TV commercials the night before emailing a couple dealers for their quotes.

The moral of the story is: do your homework, come prepared with credible leverages in hand. I think the "TMV" feature is a good start. That, along with a couple quotes from dealers within an hour or two from you, should give you a good starting point for negotiations.

Happy hunting... It's a pretty sweet car that is geared to the teeth (the same gear that you will be paying a boatload for in a BM or a Lexus), for a reasonable price! From a purely economical standpoint, I would probably went with the 09 tech model (most dealers gives a 2k rebate, so you can probably get one for 32k), but my wife insisted on getting the '10 model for the looks... Oh well.. :lemon: :lemon:
  • I agree. The way I do my homework is to first email the dealers around my area for their "out-of-the-door" price for the color and package I wanted. Next, I'd forward the quote I got to the other dealers to ask them to beat it.

I'd also check www.dealerrater.com for the quoter's rating for obvious reasons before visiting them.
  • I've been emailing dealerships in my area and got a quote for
    2010 FWD RDX base= 32,850 (MSRP= 33,330) and tech 35, 056 (36,430). Do you think I can go lower or is this a good price I wanted to spend $35,000 for every thing (TTL). I'd need to get the price down another $1,700- do you think that's possible. this is the first time I am buying a car so I have no idea what it's like-
    Thanks for the help!
    Marianne
  • I think those price are high. They are at least $500 more than the TMV suggested price.
  • Thanks! i've been trying to find the TMV for the 2010- where do you go to find that?
    Marianne
  • I haven't been able to find any 2009 RDX's in the the DC Metro area, but I just found one at a Chevy dealership with minimal miles. The price was $33,600 and I got it down to $31,900k includes destination, but not TTL. How are some people getting this price for brand new?! Is this not a good deal?
  • jayctjayct Posts: 16
    How to get a good price? First read the information on carbuyingtips.com. It will tell you how to go about finding and negoiating for a new car. Great source that gave me the confidence to find and get a very good deal. Remember it is your money and they will do anything to get it and as much of it as possible, so you have to be ruthless. I say this partly in jest but it really is true. Car dealers are snakes and you must treat them as such. Be ready to walk away if they don't meet YOUR price if it is reasonable. There are other dealers and they will make a deal so don't feel you have no options.

I went to Acura.com and found every dealership within 100 miles of my home. I reviewed their websites, saw their available inventory and found what they had available. When MDX's were selling over invoice, I found a dealer 100 miles away that sold it for less. None of the dealers nearby were willing to deal so I bought my wifes car there. All the paper work was done over the phone or via emails and all we had to do was show up and pick up the car. After I bought, the local dealers were shocked and one even said he would meet the price. Too late.

You should do the same. Check to see if they have the car you are looking for or if they have a lot of cars in inventory. I then emailed each one to see what kind of deals others were offering. I played the dealers against each other and got a great deal on my RDX. You can do the same. Remember it is your money and YOU are in control not them. Good luck, Jay
  • I really appreciate your input. Yeah, I think the slightly used deal is not going to cut it. I have been trying to play the internet pricing game, but these dealers are awful even online. All they want is to get me in the door, I don't want to do anything face to face until I have the price I want in writing. That is how I previously bought my TL, I just showed up and picked my new ride. I think my problem is I am getting impatient and that is what they want! Ugh, its such a ugly game, I'll post my final outcome when I get there. Thanks again!
  • I really appreciate your input. Yeah, I think the slightly used deal is not going to cut it. I have been trying to play the internet pricing game, but these dealers are awful even online. All they want is to get me in the door, I don't want to do anything face to face until I have the price I want in writing. That is how I previously bought my TL, I just showed up and picked my new ride. I think my problem is I am getting impatient and that is what they want! Ugh, its such a ugly game, I'll post my final outcome when I get there. Thanks again!
  • Hi

I am seriously considering an acura rdx w/ tech with 64k miles. At $20k do you think its a good deal? I am wondering with the new '10s that the price may drop soon for the older models.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who have recently purchased a compact SUV in the past six months. If you’ve downsized from a larger SUV, please let me know. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, October 2, 2009.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Looking to trade in a accord for a CPO 2007 RDX w/tech package that has 50,000miles in NJ.

Their dealer internet price is $25,500.00.

How much is a fair price for the dearler and myself to agree on?
  • I would do all the price running on edmunds, kbb.com, nada.com, consumer reports ... but with 50k on the odo, that is a lot for 2 yrs, I would lowball him a bit on the price. Having it CPO with 100k extended warranty is nice though.

I'd shoot for 23k
  • jw766jw766 Posts: 6
    I think that's high. To give you an idea, in July I purchased a 2009 Certified RDX (base) that had 3,500 miles on it for $28,000 and that included a $229 admin fee. That means I paid $27,771 for the car. It definitely helped that I bought a TL from this same sales guy the year before, but just keep grinding your salesperson down.
  • Want to buy a 2010 RDX but am concerned about the low gas mileage. I drive a TSX and get better than posted mileage. What are you really getting with the car? Joe
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,178
    Try one of these two discussions...

Acura RDX Real World MPG

Acura RDX Fuel Efficiency Concerns

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Is your $28K OTD jw766?
  • jw766jw766 Posts: 6
    It was OTD in that it included the DOC fee that was "required" by the dealership. Tax and tags was paid at a later date. That what you mean?
  • Oh so Tax and tags were paid at a later date, i refered to OTD being "all in" MSRP and TTL. Thanks for your answer by the way
  • I am planning to buy an 09 RDX and has been in contact with some of the dealers. I just want to share this bad experience that I had with an Acura Salesman from Riverside California. He gave me a call inviting me to come and visit their dealership when i have the time, i told him that i pretty much have the weekend to do the car shopping, that is the reason why i try to solicit the best price offer from diff. dealerships through email, who ever provides the lowest, I will schedule an appointment with them and closeout the deal. So I gave him my current best offer, and he said that he can beat that or at least equal that. I asked him to email me his offer if he can beat it over mail, then ill schedule an appointment with him. He said he can assure me over the phone that he can beat it, I said i need it in an email for reference, he was very persistent and he always mentioned that he can beat that price if the other dealership offered it. He was too persistent that he was even raising his voice. I calmly said, i do prefer it in writing, and he sort of yelled back that "you want it in writing maybe because the best price offer you mentioned was not true". I finally said, (again calmly) if that is what you believe, then i guess you can just let me go to the other dealership. Then he finally said with a frustrated voice, THANK YOU... YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY! (sarcastic tone)

Clearly this is not the way to win business, how hard is it for you to provide the number that you always say you can beat. Of course I will not give you the sell if you can only equal the price of another dealer. I would like to award it to the first one who offered the price cause they give their best to work with me, give me a price that works with me, and get a win win situation. I would do it even if it means that i need to drive an extra 50 miles to go to that dealership.

For others who are planning to buy an RDX here in SoCAl - beware, if the salesman from Riverside reads this, i hope you realize that you need to improve and learn to work with your customers, and peacefully agree to disagree if both of you cant meet.
  • I have several internet quotes.. the best is 32,262.00 w/o destination fees and taxes.. It that a good price? What is doc fee?

We are aiming for 30,000 or less.. you think we can get it?
  • mi_rdxmi_rdx Posts: 3
    I am looking for an RDX and got a quote yesterday from a dealer on an 09 w/tech pkg for $34.5K. i started neg from 31k & stopped at 32k. i came to know of this forum today & read the threads & saw that some ppl got it for 31-32k in june & july 09. none of the dealers have 09'sand wanted to know if 32k a good price now??
  • almost 35k for a 2009 model? that is nuts. I was getting quoted 31.5k for that vehicle in june and july, and that was prior to the 2010 model releasing. that car is now a year old, so factor in depreciation and new model year, i wouldn't pay over 31k for that, and i would try for 30k if you could. if you have cash offer 30k cash on the spot, if they say no, walk away and tell them you are going to another dealer that also has a 2009 tech on the lot. first dealer to match the pricing you want will have a sale on the spot.

no way i would pay that much for a 2009!
  • mi_rdxmi_rdx Posts: 3
    Is 32,262 for the base model or the one with tech pkg??
  • Its is the SH-AWD without Tech.. i actually got a better offer the other day.. invoice price!