Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayctjayct Posts: 16
    Well I guess it is too late to tell you that you should have widened your search area and you probably would have saved $$$. Free oil is a good thing but if you are deligent you can get better prices even in pricey Fairfield County. I got prices from dealers 100 miles away and used them to negoiate with my local guys. I bought at Executive because they were willing to negoiate the price. My local dealer, Schaller in Manchester would not. So they lost the sale. So for one 30 mile trip to North Haven I saved over $800. I still use Schaller for service though so they get me there. Jay
  • drr98drr98 Posts: 80
    They must not need to sell them, or there are enough people willing to pay MSRP.

$111 for an oil and filter change?

DIY cost is around $30. M1 at W/M ~ $22, factory filter ~ $6.
  • Oh I know I got taken to a certain extent. . .

Executive came down to $33k for the SH-AWD 2010 base. . .I paid $800 more, but I got discounted maitenance (10-15% on all major service), and free oil changes. . .

I used to do the DIY oil change when I was younger and had more time. . .now, with a wife and 120 mile a day commute, it's not worth it to me. . .I would pay the shell gas station to do it for me near my house, $15+oil ($50 for 5.1qt's)+filter ($6). . .$71 vs. $111 at the dealer, massive savings. . .

But I get those free now, and at 4 changes a year, the savings added up in my favor over any other dealers in the greater CT area. . . :)
  • Sure it's possible. Depends on your negotiating skills! ;) Try Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame. I'd give you the name of the salesperson I dealt with but it's against the rules. If you want to give me your email I can send you his info.
  • skn1skn1 Posts: 4
    Hi, i have got internet quote of $35.6k in NJ and $36k in LI,NY.
    have you seen any other dealer in tristate offering lower than this?
    or good to enough to close the deal?

Thanks
  • We negotiated a deal for RDX with AWD and tech package for $35K including destination charge at Acura dealer in Queens, NY. We probably got screwed on trade in though. We are supposed to finalize and pick up car on Sunday.
    Hi ngammy,
    Can you pl send me the dealer & Sales rep details.
    my email id: sknrt1@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • Hi, Folks
    i live in boston area. Can any share the price/bargaining exp with the dealers on Acura RDX AW without tech package?

thx
  • jayctjayct Posts: 16
    First read carbuyingtips.com for how to go about negotiating the best deal. I emailed every dealer within 100 miles to get the best deal. Inskip in RI had the best deals but there were deals in the Boston area as well. good luck, Jay
    Hi ngammy,
    Thanks for providing me the dealer /sales person information.
    Finally i ended up buying the car from them (they matched the best quote i had from a different dealer). Bought a 2010 RDX AWD (w/o tech) for below invoice. Have to pick it up on Saturday.

Thanks,
    SK
  • Hi SK,
    Glad to be of help. Hopefully you didn't have a long wait to get your car like we did. 3 hours since we went in the day after the snowstorm and a lot of people didn't show up to work.
  • Just picked up a White/Taupe 2010 RDX FWD w/ tech package for $33,400 in Cerritos Acura, California. Seemed like an okay deal. Waiting to see what the MPG turns out to be.
  • In Howard County MD on New Years Eve, $31.9K. Polished Metal/Black
  • Paid $33K even (price included all fees (destination, etc.) except tax and title) on Jan. 2, 2010 in Northern Virginia. Color is "polished metal metallic."
  • baron4baron4 Posts: 4
    Which socal Acura dealer? Thanks.
  • eyebizeyebiz Posts: 6
    I've had my RDX for a month now and love it. The deal was done in So Cal (Cerritos), White with Taupe / Tech Package. $4400 drive off including all tax and fees and $433/month for 35 more months at 10K miles/year. Mixed driving around Los Angeles gives me around 20 mpg. Ride is not harsh at all as some earlier post have noted. Power is adequate. Torque steering tendency is very noticeable when turbo kicks in. Fit and finish is excellent. Layout is well thought out. Other vehicles I had compared to for consideration included Audi Q5, Subaru Outback, and MB GLK. No regrets.
  • suey1suey1 Posts: 2
    Hello all,
    I bought my RDX SHAWD w/ tech pkg. in Princeton, NJ (Precision Acura dealer) back in 1st week of Dec. 09. I paid 38489 w/ tax, including wheel locks. I move to MA, Boston area after 2weeks. I was trying to figure out the all wheel drive feature and starting to question myself. And when I got a letter from the Acura Financial services, the letter stated my VIN as 2WD. I emailed my salesman today and asked him how come there isn't any SHAWD tag on the back of my car.
    I just found out today that they sold me a 2WD with tech pkg. instead of AWD w/ tech pkg. The manager at the dearlship told me he will find me the exact same color and I won't have to pay anything, including reapplying the registration/license plate, etc. I asked the manager to email me to have some kind of record to state that I won't have to pay anything, plus they will reimburse the gas/toll for traveling back to NJ. The manager said they made a very stupid mistake. All the paperwork when I bought the car said AWD w/ tech pkg.
    I am just worry that after I drive 5 hrs back to NJ to get the real AWD, they might say something else.
    I know you might think how can I not know the dealer gave me a 2WD instead of AWD and this seems like really stupid. I am just really frustated with this whole Acura buying experience.
    Any suggestions? should I get a lawyer before I go back to the dealer?
    Thanks.
    Sue Y.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,194
    I'd give them a chance to make it right, before involving anyone else in the process.. They've admitted their mistake... that's 90% of the battle, right there..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• suey1suey1 Posts: 2
    sorry stupid typo "Dealer", typing and making dinner at the same time.
  • Two questions:

1) When will the 2011 RDX's being hitting dealership lots?
    2) What is about the best price I'll get on a 2010 RDX SH-AWD (no tech pack)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Greetings,

Just about to sign the deal on a 2010 Acura RDX Base 2wd but I am confused about the true invoice price. Usually I go by kbb.com for information, however, it doesn't have the invoice available right now. On Edmunds, the invoice (including $810 dest) is $31113. However, other sites I found have the invoice at $30713. The difference is exactly $400. Was there a price increase that I don't know about? Or could this be a regional advertising fee charge? If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,194
    Acura recently raised invoice prices on a number of models.. They weren't always accompanied by a corresponding increase in MSRP, though...

I believe the increase has been since the first of the year... If the unit in question is older than that, it would have been invoiced at the lower amount.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi, I am new to this forum. Today I went to a Aruca dealer in South Bay Area in California and got a offer from the sales rep of 2010 RDX FDW w/ Tech for the price of $36718+TTL. I was a little confused since I knew the MSRP+des. charge is only $36430. Then I found out that the sale rep put on $288 for security system????? Can someone here knows more about RDX tells me that the car doesn't come with security system and the dealer need to charge $288 extra is the right thing to do?

Also, just want to find out anyone of you get an offer from the rep for MSRP+TTL for RDX? I just want to find out is this normal pratice for Acura dealers around the Bay. Thank you for all of your help.
  • nlrlnlrl Posts: 5
    In Santa Rosa , CA. I was quoted for a 2010 RDX AWD with Technology package $35,599
    For body side molding I was quoted an additional $312
    And they ask also for Document prep fee $55
    License/title $508
    Tire/battery fee $8.75
    Do these numbers make any sense? Any rip-off?
    Please help as I need to decide if I should go forward.
    Thank you
  • Was your quote OTD Price or it need to be + TTL?

It seems to me the charges are normal for lease, but I might be wrong...
    I need to add the sale tax This is not a lease. It is a purchase.
    Thank you
  • Personally I think it is a little too high since after all the extra charge, the price is over invoice already. With the market now, I don't think paying over invoice price is a good deal. You can offer them a OTD price and no extra to see will they accept it.
  • zahn1zahn1 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2010 RDX SH-AWD, no tech package, for 33.7K OTD + free windows tint, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather floor mat (in northern VA). Do you guys think it was a fair price? Would you go for extended warranty? Thanks !!!
    The invoice as indicated in Cars.com is $35790. They are asking 35,599.
  • Anybody ever bought from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim, CA. I got a really good qoute $31K for a 2010 Base AWD RDX. I will be driving to Anaheim from fremont to pick this up on Sunday. ANy thoughts/comments on the price?