Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• workdog3workdog3 Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I showed a dealer in the Tampa area an invoice + destination bid ($33,140 + TTL) and they just called to verbally say I'm done. That's over $2K under MSRP, so I'm happy assuming they don't jerk me around with adders when I go to sign.
  • Bought the RDX AWD Base this weekend. Love it.
    Absolutely painless experience at pohanka acura. Spoke to their internet sales manager Amir. He is very pleasant to work with and I definitely recommend him. Gave me a good price. I originally wanted a FWD version because the one with AWD that I drove at a previous dealership had bad vibrations problem and 'm told it may be normal for the AWD. Test drove another one at pohanka and it didn't have the vibration problem. I was able to pick out the one that I liked from their comparatively large inventory and drive it home in a matter of couple of hours. Financed through Penfed which was also a breeze with Pohanka. Highly recommend them. They are very competitive.
  • gmmagmma Posts: 1
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Would you post the MSRP sticker price, any accessories you purchased and the price paid before taxes/fees.
  • Update to say that apparently my bid was too high and I was able to get another dealer down to $32,400 + TTL on a FWD Base model. Apparently these end of year incentives are strong.
  • Sure there are good deals you can even go a bit under invoice which is at about 32,245.00. I bought one tech FWD ACURA RDX for 35,196 under invoice.Plus tax,tag their dealer doc fee, which depends on the area you live...
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    Awesome, can you share your price breakdown?

A little O/T, but there are so many DC-area people around here buying the new RDX I just wanted to throw this in here. We should get together to do some installs and maintenances after our first free dealer oil changes.

One thing I'm going to do soon is order a hitch from etrailer.com to install on my car so it can put a bike rack on it (here's the link to the acurazine thread that discusses hitch and install ).
    I just received my "welcome to Tischer Acura" rewards letter. I knew about the free oil change but I also was preloaded with $60 towards maintenance. I think you can only use your service credit for up to 50% of the bill at a time though so if something cost $100, I could use $50 of my credit and would save $10.

I plan to try and do a lot of my own maintenance or find reputable places when I can avoid the dealer. I thought I'd share though when you guys are comparing dollar to dollar vs local dealers.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,630
    thanks for posting that. I need a hitch for our bike rack before the summer, and did not want to pay the huge dealer price. I had OEM on our previous Odyssey, and it was much less expensive. still more than aftermarket, but on the van, the OEM was hidden and the AM had the bars hanging down (and it rode low enough as it was. and it looked hideous!)

since the hidden hitch looks exactly the same on the RDX, worth going with that. I will have the local trailer place put it on (the did my Odyssey) since I am too darned old to be screwing around with this, and my wife won't be much help!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• Thanks stickguy. I'm definitely planning for as much under MSRP as possible.
  • jkctpcjkctpc Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Alvares. I assume your $36,396 calculation excludes tax, tag and title as well as fees such as destination and advertising?
    It's a blurry line between what are the fees that should be separated (Tax, tags fees, etc) and the ones which are really part of the car from the dealer/manufacturer (dealer fees, destination, etc). It's best to obtain and post a full breakdown of all costs so there are no shocks and you can analyze everything. There are some good examples of full pricing posts earlier in this thread (like mine)
  • workdog3workdog3 Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I finally closed on my FWD base yesterday for $35,600 OTD. That was $32,600 before tax and tags. They also threw in the $495 leather care package since they didn't have the exact color I was looking for. By my math that's close to $3K below MSRP. All the dealers in my area were fighting for the business so the end of year dealer incentives must be in full-effect.

They tried to slip in their $599 dealer fee as part of the "TTL", but I was having none of it and they reduced the sales price to compensate.
  • The 35,196 that I paid excludes tax,tag , doc fee.The destination is included
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Can I get the current MF and Residual on an all wheel drive RDX with Tech?

Also - are there any hidden end of the year incentives on this model? I tried leasing one a few months ago and the prices were unacceptable.

I am thinking that the monthly payment (not including taxes) should be around $450 (+/- $15) with no cap reduction.

Thanks for the help.
  • iris9iris9 Posts: 5
    I was shopping for 2013 RDX FWD base. I got a quote for 32,500 plus TTL. However when I finalized the OTD price they included $199 dealer fee and $800 in Registration fees!! Tax was 2K. This put the OTD at 35,500. Too high.
    So I shopped around for an OTD price of 34,000. One of the dealers say they can get it for that price. I just finished the deal yesterday. This turned out to be 31,700 for the vehicle + TTL = 34K.

Many thanks to alvares and others contributing in their posts!
  • Here welcome iris good deal you got there.
  • It is not a blurry line! There are no fees which are part of the car price. The car price includes the selling price including the destination charge, not destination fee.

Some manufacturers attempt to charge additional "fees" such as advertising but these are not part of the car. Bascially, this means the manufacturer is asking the buyer to pay a part of its advertising. Nice for the manufacturer but not so nice for the buyer. Personally I avoid these manufacturers, hello Toyota.

Tax, title and registration are legal fees which are paid to the state. Dealers usually collect these at the time of purchase as a courtesy, though many attempt to charge a fee. I think $50 is more than reasonable for this service. After all how much time is actually spent by the dealer on this, probably less than half an hour.

Any other fee such as documentation or dealer fees are simply additional profit for the dealer. Not sure why so many posts on Edmunds seem to accept such fees as legitimate. The best way, IMHO, to approach these fees, if a dealer won't budge, is to consider them for what they are, part of the selling price. For example, if a buyer computes a good price for a vehicle at $20,000 and the dealer insists on a rediculous fee of $500, the buyer should simply offer $19,500.
  • This is $700 lower than the lowest deal. Great price
  • buyabuya Posts: 74
    Some dealers have lots of different hold backs in addition to advertising fees, just look at an invoice from that manufacturer you mentioned. I just got one and it made me laugh ... what blatant way of legitimizing bs fees to buyers that should have been business cost.

I wouldn't pay Kroger $1.50 for a sticker that I could get at the local government office or pay an electric bill. It's fair that Kroger charges a small amount like $1.50, even Kroger used to say "we need to do that ourselves and we're doing that for our customers as a free service." Kroger is fine, but not those companies who thought Kroger's service was part of their service to their customers.
  • Makes sense Alvares. Thanks!
  • jkctpcjkctpc Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    My final offer which was accepted:

2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech
    Price: $36,880+TTL
    Fees: ~$50 (Documentation & Registration)

Janet
  • Iris....we are in a similar position. looking for a base RDX..in Georgia. Where is your dealer located. Thank you GABADGER
  • If that's the McDavid dealer in Dallas, it's under the same umbrella as the Nalley group in Georgia(Asbury Automotive is the parent company, I believe).
  • yalamyalam Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Iris...... , I am in the same situation that shopping for 2013 RDX Base and ready to close deal if any dealer in Dallas accepts OTD price 34,000 ( First I thought to go for CRV-EX , now going for RDX base Model)

Offered 32,500 +TTL to Goodson accura ( 3 weeks back) , they did not accepted

Is it possible to let me know dealer name through replying thread or by leaving private message at "yalam2000@gmail.com"
  • Hello Iris so what color did you get your rdx ours is amber brownstone, by the way you made out a good deal. Patience pays at the end..
  • iris9iris9 Posts: 5
    Hi Alvares, I got the white pearl. I agree patience and a bit of luck is needed. You got a great deal too!
  • truelies1truelies1 Posts: 34
    edited December 2012
    Used iris9's deal for help on discussing the price. Got $32000+TTL for this car, can't match iris9's deal since I traded in my 2010 RDX for $22000, this made it difficult to discuss with dealer.
  • Also looking to buy 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech and was given same MSRP as above in VA.

This was my first time in an Acura dealership, and they told me they have simple, no-haggle pricing since they don't work on commission. Sounds like I am expected to negotiate at Acura though, just like I would anywhere else, according to what I'm seeing here. Glad I checked with you all!

There are a few Acura dealers in my city--should I call them (or go in person?) to ask for their best quote on the exact same vehicle and tell them that that's what I'm doing?
  • What is their No Haggle Price for a 2013 AWD w/tech?
    What is their "document fee"?
    Any Misc fees beyong the usual Tax Title and Tags (which is particular to your state)?

I believe MSRP/shipping is the same everywhere in the continental US.