Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alvaresalvares Posts: 75
    here welcome, let me know what happens...
  • Hey rdxowner,

I am tryign to get the same deal with them when did you bought the car exactly.

Thanks
    Parma
  • Which CT dealer?
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Spouse would like an RDX w AWD. Wants the HID lights which will force us to get the tech package which other than the lights we do not want or need but HID are a must.

When the original RDX came out 5+ years ago, some dealers were getting prices above sticker and 3 yr 36k leases were north of $500 / month.

I have flexibility in terms of when I have to get a car. In general, do readers see RDX prices getting more aggressive in the spring (new 2014 MDX is coming then which I think will take some RDX sales) also - I am wondering if the next years model RDX will have HID lights available in the non-tech model.

Any insight is appreciated.
  • Acura of Berlin
  • fatofato Posts: 3
    The Acura RDX received a complete overhaul for the 2013 model year. For starters, the RDX only comes with a V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine from the 2012 model isn’t available anymore, and reviewers are particularly glad Acura chucked the dated five-speed automatic transmission.
  • Picked my RDX yesterday.

2013 Acura RDX FWD base model

invoice $32,154 (including destination charge)

+$80 doc fee, 9% tax, $338 license fee, $8.75 gov fee
    total OTD $35,481

The dealer wanted to charge me extra for the pre-installed splash guards after agreed upon the 32,154 price, but i refused to add a penny. :-)

This is in SoCal. Everything was done over the internet. Sent request for quotes to all the Acura dealers and got about 10 responses, from $32,254 to $33,940. Two dealers were able to match the lowest 32,254 price and one of them was able to beat it by another $100. Walked in last night, spent 1.5 hours doing all the paperwork, walked out happy with my new RDX.

Sales person is very friendly (nicest car sales person i've ever met), quick in responses and delivers promises.

If anyone wants the contact info of the sales person, PM me. (p.s. I have absolutely no affiliation with the dealership, just want to help people to get the best deal here :P)
  • Just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Got the amber brownstone with parchment interior.
    List price with destination charges: $38915.00
    Paid: $36,500 including destination chg plus tax, title, lic.

Better deal than was first offered. I read many of the posts here & contacted 4 other Acura dealers in about a 100 mile radius. There is no dealer in the city that I live.
    Purchased in Beaumont, TX.

Really like it but gas mileage I'm getting is no where near the ratings on sticker:(((
    I bought the same car 2013 ACURA RDX TECH FWD in amber brownstone w/ parchment interior. I like the amber brownstone beautiful color, and rare. How much was your dealer fee? About the gas mileage is really not bad remember it's got the variable engine displacement on the new 2013 RDX so it saves on gas.
  • Well done, ellen. I still don't see too many of 'our' vehicles in Austin...you may not see one for quite some time(especially your color).

We have ~5000 miles on ours and have averaged around 22mpg. It was lower for the first 1000 miles or so, closer to 20; but the highway mileage is impressive...high 20s if you can stay below ~75mph(70 is even better). I don't find a difference in mileage between 93 octane and 87; but some folks have reported somewhat higher mileage with the higher octane. Might as well check your tire pressure, just in case the dealer didn't. Can't imagine it was too low at delivery, but you never know.

Enjoy the new ride! (No endos in the RDX, OK ;) )
  • Which are the best dealers in Southern California? I live in Arizona but have purchased my last two Lexus RX's in the Los Angeles area. This time I'm looking forward to going back to an Acura.

Thanks.
  • tklientklien Posts: 20
    Well I went to the dealer and offered $ 37,500 and asked for the all season pkg. be included in price. So it figured tax 2250.00 doc 190.00 lic 47.00 total otd 39987.00 was what i figured I offered 40.000 o.t.d. they said they would be losing money. They responded with 40,650...I said no and left..
  • tofanitofani Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    Can anyone tell how much they paid for RDX Tech + Tax in NJ. Also please provide dealer name.

Thank You.
    They are going to call you soon and accept your 40k offer otd.
  • builder2builder2 Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    $36910 plus high CA tax, lic, doc,. This is Northern CA. I'll let you know when I hit the dealership if they renig.
  • I finally bought my RDX FWD with Tech pkg today. alvares, I tried your dealer but he wouldn't give me the price he gave you. He quoted about $36,500. I finally bought it for the same price in Austin, TX + tax, title,license, doc fee etc. We liked the color (amber brownstone). I had competing quotes from Dallas and San Antonio that could have saved me a $100 or so, but I preferred to buy local. Ours also came with side mouldings and wheel locks.

Thank you and others in this forum for helpful info and tips. To do my bit to this forum ... besides sales tax, I paid $385 for license, doc, etc. but in the end when I looked at their detailed paper work, the required fees were only about $185. I couldn't argue since I already agreed to the OTD price, but if you are buying in this market, try to argue against the extra $200 fees.
  • Conrgats, great color amber brownstone w/ parchment int. So finally what was was your actual sales price was it under 36,500?
  • pd381pd381 Posts: 1
    Can you please share with me the dealership and name of sale person where u got ur RDX. Thank a bunch!
  • Thank you. As I said, the price was the same. $36,500 but they included body side mouldings and wheel locks ( checked their prices on the internet -- they were worth ~$210). The drive out price came to about $39,200.
  • hithere4hithere4 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    FWD RDX with tech - $39400 OTD (plus all weather mats) in Bay area. Couple of dealers gave me similar price, took the nearest one.

ps - There was one better offer ($39,486 but with all weather mats, cargo tray and door film, wheel lock) but Finance Manger pissed me so much, that I walked out in middle.
  • dj889dj889 Posts: 1
    Hello, can you tell me which Socal Acura dealer you bought your RDX? thanks
  • shiningsshinings Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I got my RDX from Thomas Acura, sales person is RJ, really nice guy. The other one - Acura of Mission Viejo - gave me a really good price too. Steven is the person i contacted.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Posts: 20
    really 2013 RDX FWD with Tech pkg $39400?awd with tech $37600 nyc
  • I picked up my RDX AWD w/ Tech Package last night. Audi Q5 was my 1st choice, but I couldn’t get them to a price I was willing to pay, so I went with the RDX and chose to do Costco pricing, which was $37,360 + TTL. The RDX has many more options then the Q5 would have had and cost about $1,800 than my best deal I could negotiate for the Audi, so bottomline is I’m happy. I’m told that you can do better than Costco pricing by negotiating yourself, but the experience was painless and easy. I used the Montclair DCH Acura dealer in Verona, NJ and they couldn’t have been nicer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    I really like the Audi, but it isn't much of a value proposition..

Congrats on the RDX!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The price (39,400) was with taxes and fee.
  • np633np633 Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to get a 2013 RDX with tech package. Which dealer did you deal with in Austin? I got a 37400 quote from San Antonio and 38115 from Austin (Austin deal includes window tint, wheel locks and All-Season Protection Package). Please advice, thanks.
  • I just bought an Acura RDX 2013 AWD without tech for $34K. I did a concurrent trade in for my 2006 Acura TL with 62K but with 4 accidents, no tire tread, right window not working, heat not working, and brakes needing replacing. I got 9.5K for the TL. I see that many people got the RDX for 33500 and wish I would have negotiated more. Do you guys think this a good deal or could I done better
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,915
    well, at this point, it doesn't really matter since it is a done deal!

but still, that is pretty close to as low as anyone seems to be able to do. And frankly, you hit the jackpot with that trade in, so put it together, and it looks like you done good.

Prices paid are really only comparable if it is a straight buy, no trade, because once a trade is in the mix, the numbers become much more "fluid"

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

• Depending on how your state handles sales tax on vehicles, the TL trade may have saved you +- $500 vs selling it outright and buying 'from scratch'. Call it even and enjoy your ride, knowing you won't need to worry about tire tread for a while! ;)