Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Have you had any luck?
  • Well...in my previous post, I had metioned that I was trying to decide between the RDX and the Lexus Rx 350. I decided to splurge and pick the Lexus.

I got a 2013 Lexus RX 350 for 49K OTD (includes 7% tax and all other fees). This is for a model with a sticker price of $51060.

Good luck in your search if you are looking for the RDX.
  • Sounds great. What was the price of the vehicle itself minus taxes and fees? Also, what options are there?
  • 47000 not including the 1750 finance cash back.

Options include comfort package, nav, premium with blind spot, Park assist, 19 inch wheels, preferred accessory package, cross bars, leather trimmed steering wheel, towing prep and door edge guards.

Got the 1.9% for 60 months as well.
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations! Good work in negotiating. If you don't mind answering, which city (or state) are you located in? Enjoy your vehicle - good choice.
  • Schaumburg, IL. I actually got a couple of dealers to offer the same deal and picked the one who offered it first. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
  • ap77ap77 Posts: 6
    In the market for a 2014 base model RDX and want to have fog lamps installed. Any advice on when to get installed? As in, before the purchase or after? Should I make the purchase first and then the dealer installs it or should I have them install it first and then sign the paperwork?

Any experiences on how to handle this?

Thanks!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,296
    you can negotiate them into the deal, and likely save some money on it.

plus, if they do it then, pretty sure it gets covered by the BTB warranty. If you do it afterwards, you don't get that. Not that it is likely to matter.

so, just do the deal, and if that is part of it, have them put on before you sign the final papers and take delivery.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• vensaivensai Posts: 6
    Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 36,600 till now in Houston area.
    Typo error. Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 35,600 till now in Houston area. nay one got better offer.
  • suv800suv800 Posts: 40
    I'm getting a quote for the 2014 RDX AWD (w/o tech) otd includes the nyc 8.875% sales tax $36900.18, dealership in woodside new york.
    I think yours is better than mine for AWD and NYC OTD 36,900. Till now i got for houston FWD/2014 OTD with 6.25% is 35,400
  • hi, i got a quote for 2014RDX AWD (no technology package ), $33500 before ttl.
    with 8% tax rate, OTD is $36484. Do you think if this quote has negotiable room?

thanks,
  • ap77ap77 Posts: 6
    Hey, buying a 2014 RDX FWD base model with fog lamps installed. Best I've got so far is around $32,700 base price including fog lamps installed. Is that a good price?

Thanks!
  • mm1984mm1984 Posts: 5
    I got offered 37.1k plus $400 fee (registration/documentation). 6.25% MA tax on top -> less than 40k OTD
  • Hi. That comes to under $33,900 before tax, if I calculate correctly. Can I ask how you received your quote (in person, email, etc.)? I am in the NY metro area and have not yet begun to speak to dealers about pricing, but have preliminarily been seeing things above $35k in my area (truecar, etc.).
    Thanks.
  • mm1984mm1984 Posts: 5
    The best way is to tell people, I am buying this car right now if you get me this price. Put the price a little lower than you want so they can say a little more.
  • bigrinbigrin Posts: 15
    This is what worked for me. I decided on the RDX, color and equipment I wanted. Checked local dealer's inventory (they had two of them). And checked on-line other dealers in area. Waited until 29th of month... then faxed sales general managers of all three dealerships that I would buy today, at this price if they had the vehicle. (knew they did). I just figured invoice price + incentives, added $300 profit; and sent off the faxes. Got two responses right away; one from local dealer. They tried the old (well come on in) trick. Told them I'd only come down if they could meet my price. They did, went in and completed the paperwork. Bought from local dealer where I live closest. The trick is waiting til the end of month. That is when they all want to beef up their numbers. Good Luck.
  • So what did you get and for what pricing?
  • Has anyone been getting good deals? I have been looking for a 2014 RDX AWD w Tech package and the lowest I seem to be getting is around 39K + TTL. This is in Seattle. I have shown the better prices quoted here but the dealers are not biting at 37K +TYL which is what I am quoting. Thanks
  • I'm looking for a '14 RDX AWD w/ Tech package in the NJ/NY area. Just wondering if anyone have gotten this for around $37k before TTL. If so, can you please let me know which dealer & sales person you used? I got a quote from DCH Montclair using the Costco Auto Buying Program and they quoted me with invoice price (around $38k). I also checked True Car, Consumer Reports program & the Amex program. They all have quotes slightly above the invoice price.
  • I heard back from DCH to get the breakdown of the Costco Pricing and the details of the quote that they gave me is as follows:

$37,246 = 2014 RDX AWD w/ Tech Package
    +$359 = Doc Fee
    +$250 ~ approx. for NY Plates & 2 yr. registration
    ---------
    $37,855
    +3,360 = NYC sales tax (8.875%)
    ---------
    41,215 = OTD price

I ask for a reduction on the doc fee of $359 but he wouldn't budge.
    Is this reasonable?
    I got a really good deal a year ago at Ramsey. They are aggressive on price, and tend to have a large supply.

Denville was very nice, and have a good internet person. Not as big, but strong pricing.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• Thanks stickguy for the suggestions. Can I get the name of the sales person at Ramsey that you dealt with?
    I forget his name. I was not local, and did all the deal with the internet guy, and they just had some salesguy do the paperwork when we got there.

• I'm in the market for the 2014 RDX AWD w/ Tech and found some leftover 2013 RDX's in stock around the New Jersey / New York area. Truecar prices for the 2014 is around $38,100 and I have even seen as low as $37,500. Since its the end of the year, I assume that the dealers would agree to sell the 2013's for way lower than the 2014 but I just dont know where to start....

I ultimately would like to pay $37,000 - $38,000 OTD for the 2013 but wasn't sure if thats possible...

Your advice would be much appreciated!
    well, if they have what you want, and you are willing to do it face to face, walk in and hand them your OTD offer. If they balk, say thanks and head for the door. if you make it outside, it was too low.

• srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    Are those leftover 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech brand new with just a few miles? Or do they have a lot of miles on it or were Demos or something?

If they were brand new, I would definitely try to get that because I think there is no difference between the 2013 and the 2014. Maybe I would offer $32,000 for it?

We were just at the Acura Dealer last night. We're in a weird situation right now where in order to clear borrowing capability for a family member's ability to buy a house we may have to do a transfer - but a transfer isn't easy so may just look at getting another car and trading in current 2013 AWD RDX Tech (We bought it a year ago, you can go through my posts here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef17997!vfullpage=1 - I detail a full pricing breakdown for everyone ) . For this year, they'd give me pretty much the same price of $37,500 before all the fees start being put on. So a one year older model which has lost some value just being a previous model year needs to have that reflected in its price.

Hell we'd try to go for those 2013s if they could give us a good enough price but since we're a bit of a complicated situation, we need to work closely with our dealer we already bought from last year.

Will update you guys if we end up getting a 2014 RDX.

(FYI for anyone interested, approx 1 year after purchasing our 2013 RDX AWD Tech new from Acura w/ approx 17k miles and minor ding on the back rear pane, a couple deep scratches on the rear bumper and right side mirror, CARMAX offered $31k for the car. I thought that was pretty decent value retention.)
  • I need a little help with my new lease. I currently have a TL with under 16k miles and I am looking to get into an RDX w/tech. I visited 2 dealers over the weekend and here is the best deal that they could come up with:
    MSRP $39,115.00
    Selling Price $37,149.81
    Residual $22,686.70
    MF .00160
    $2750.68 due at signing (1st, acq fee, taxes)
    39 months/10K year
    $458.41 mo.
  • The website has them as new without any mileage... Exactly, if the average price for the 2014 is currently 37,000 before TTL, then 32 to 34 doesn't seem unreasonable I guess... I offered 37 OTD at Acura in queens and they balked at my offer...

Anyway Good luck with your transfer and Hope everything works out!

Heck if you want to go buy these together so we can get a better deal, message me lol.