Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Car Man,

Have begun the shopping process for the RDX.

Have gotten several dealers quoting me $460 + tax for a sign and drive 3 yr 10k lease on the base model which I am not willing to spend as this car does not warrant this kind of price. This "deal" BTW is posted on Acura's corporate web site.

Typically, would I get a better price (or in my case, lower monthly lease payment) on something like an RDX in the spring even if I am trying to get a front wheel drive model - I am in an area that gets snow and I am thinking that dealers are trying to get max $$ with winter coming.

I can wait until spring if need be - getting the car now is a want, not a need. Thanks again for any input.
  • danblakedanblake Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    In process of purchasing 2013 RDX without tech. Has anyone had favorable experience with any CT dealerships especially in regards to pricing?
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 232
    edited October 2012
    Ah, I didn't catch that his was the FWD. I'm interested in the AWD one so I can't really take his price that he's shared into consideration. I need to find out what more people w/ the 2013 RDX AWD/Tech have paid/are looking to pay.

I'm also really curious to see what the "Amazing, You gotta buy it at that price is" because I'm not in a rush to buy and have the freedom to walk. I'd actually prefer to walk so that I can see what happens in Nov, maybe Dec with any further dealer incentives I can tap into (as of right now there are none - at least in my area).

Is it safe to say that a price of $35k w/ Destination included would be an amazing deal? I think right now I'm seeing prices in $37k-$38k range w/ destination included. Would this be price I try to fight for at the dealership without seeming unreasonable to see if it can be done?

And yes, in my research, I'm' only concerned with the price of Base + Destination charge. The Tax, Tags/License, and Dealer Processing Vary by state.
    (sorry for the O/T post)

The salesperson had told me that the new RDX runs on Regular but I was looking to the brochure and I thought it said something about Premium/91 Octane Minimum. I really like the Car's zippiness and don't want to sacrifice that w/ a cheaper gas if that's the case.
    Sorry disregard my comments within my earlier post (the one I am replying to) regarding sy_rdxbuyer's RDX's price. His is the FWD and I'm looking at the AWD.

I wish Edmunds would let us edit posts after 30 minutes. I don't know why they restrict that.
    Hey I'm in MD too. And it looks like we're looking at the same trim for our 2013 RDX - the AWD w/ Tech. In particular I'm looking at the light silver exterior ebony interior (seems the best color combo to go with if you know the car won't be cleaned as much as it should).

Scroll up a few posts to see where I am with pricing. And Drop me an e-mail. Same as my username but at gmail.
  • Interesting...I'm sure there will be incentives as the model year 'actually' gets here; but paying out 47% of sticker on a brand new model over three years doesn't seem out of line. Volvo wanted similar numbers on the 2012 XC60 models WITH about 4 grand out of pocket to start. :surprise:
    I'm not surprised the dealers didn't have a better offer on the table. "Our" local dealer has just finally gotten inventory up to the point that there is some selection. They were selling 7 out of each 10 vehicles delivered in August/Sept before they hit the ground.

Perhaps, there will be some deals around the holidays; but you don't want to go ALL winter without a new ride, do you? ;)
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Carman,

A bit delayed in my pursuit for an RDX due to both the storm and the initial pricing I got from dealers which was unacceptable.

Can you tell me typically what time of the year one would typically get the best price on a car - in my case, a lease? Someone told me Dec 31 is the best day as a dealer may sell well below cost to hit volume goals and collect 6 figure incentive checks from the manufacturer.

If not Dec 31, other times of the year where pricing is typically better?

Thanks,
  • I was quoted 36,500....internet price and spoke to sales manager in the boston area. This is nontech package. Is this a good price? he states it was below invoice....I never know what to believe. According to consumer reports this is a good deal...agree????
  • Dang, the Acura site lists the AWD non Tech @ 36,600 INCLUDING destination. Somebody's got the numbers mixed up somewhere!

Edmund's shows the same: Base AWD 35,7xx plus destination for the above price MSRP :surprise:

Surely the salesman is talking about a different trim level or some MIGHTY serious options ;)
  • patm70patm70 Posts: 20
    Below are invoice and list prices for the 2013 RDX that can be found on Edmunds and many other auto information websites. Just add the $895. destination fee for final total. Example: RDX AWD non tech, Invoice-$33,541 plus $895.=$34,436. MSRP-$35,720. plus $895.=$36,615.
    There are 150 pages of messages posted in this forum on prices paid for a new RDX. You did not mention that your quote included taxes or any other dealer fees therefore the quote you were given for a non tech RDX AWD is only $115. below MSRP which if you buy it at that price will probably be the highest price anyone has paid for an RDX in the United States this year according to this forum. I think you should go to another dealer after reviewing this forum for actual prices paid. Good luck-it's a great vehicle!

Invoice

MSRP

Base 4dr SUV

3.5L V6

FWD

6-speed Automatic

$32,245

$34,320

Base 4dr SUV w/Technology Package

3.5L V6

FWD

6-speed Automatic

$35,670

$38,020

Base 4dr SUV

3.5L V6

AWD

6-speed Automatic

$33,541

$35,720

Base 4dr SUV w/Technology Package

3.5L V6

AWD

6-speed Automatic

$36,965

$39,420.
  • That price sounds very high.
    End of October 1 bought a 2013 RDX AWD without the tech package and paid $34,000 + tax and fees. Had to push and sit a the deals hip reading the paper for 2 hours.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Posts: 20
    with tech is good price.i got the same price when i spoke to the internet sales 11/11 but when i got there brooklyn acura today ,they said manager not here then we left
  • Wondering if anyone has gotten a better deal or if its even possible to negotiate a better deal than Acura's current offer of $449 w/ $3299 due at signing + tax? This is for the front wheel drive w/ Tech package.

The offer reads;
    Closed-end lease for 2013 RDX 6 Speed Automatic with Technology Package vehicles (TB3H5DKNW) available from November 1, 2012 through January 2, 2013, available to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $38,915.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $35,643.12. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $16,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end $22,959.85. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by January 2, 2013. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Acura dealer for complete details.
  • Be sure to check your tax liability. Here in Texas, we pay tax on the full amount, rather than a monthly 'use' tax. Can be pretty hefty on a $40K vehicle. Not a big fan of money down leases; although a quick look at my 'sign and drive' lease of the same vehicle with 12K miles/yr is within a few bucks of yours in terms of total paid out over the three years.

Of course, make sure your projected mileage will fall within the guidelines of the lease(unless you are absolutely certain you will purchase at the end of the lease OR will absolutely lease another Acura). That can be a 'got cha' with only 10k per year.

I know I haven't actually answered your question; but I doubt there will be a significantly better deal unless some incentives come before the end of the year. You could always ask for a 'free maintenance' package from the dealer(not a ton of money, but it's something). I'd also get the terms of a 'sign and drive' lease...no point in shelling out three grand up front on a lease, IMO.(Makes the monthly pmt look scary, I know...but you keep your money in your pocket up front).

Also, none of my business; but if you don't qualify as a 'top tier credit customer' according to their standards, be willing to walk out on the deal. They 'may' try to hit you with a higher rate or fees; but if you have decent credit, don't let them alter the terms at the last minute...classic technique.
  • Thanks 4mercoachrick! If i'm not mistaken, we pay tax on the monthly payment. I have no problem putting money down as it's the monthly payment that is more of a concern BUT do not want to put more than they're asking for (tax included - if i can negotiate that!).

Well noted on the mileage as my driving needs will be sure to change in the next few years w/ a new daughter and plans to move out of the city. Will def need more than 10k plus I read that Acura now offers roll-over miles from your current lease which will help a lot.

No worries on not exactly answering my question, but good insight nonetheless! What do you mean by the 'sign and drive' lease terms?
    If I can secure the same deal w/ tax included, I'll be happy to pull the trigger, just wondering if that's even possible...

Regarding top tier credit... I've learned that lesson in the past... I have pretty good credit but if they do try that, i know to walk away.
  • What Chicago area dealer are you referring to? I have bought 2 acuras from Continental in Naperville and have been very pleased with their offers and service.
  • Anybody want an almost new 2013 RDX Base AWD? I foolishly traded my X3 for this thing. Gave in after hours of discussion so we could take the grandbaby home to bed. Next morning I drove back to Pikes Peak Acura (in Colorado Springs) and said I wanted my BMW back. They laughed and pointed out that Colorado's Buyers Remorse law doesn't apply to new autos. So I'm stuck with a car I hate. I mean, it's a perfectly competent Japanese station wagon, but I want my real car back.

Sell for book - it's in perfect shape, about 7k miles ( I drive to Missouri from Colorado almost weekly), has clear bra and extra tint on front side windows. Please help! Pleeeez!
  • 2and4wheels, here in the Springs and would like more information on your RDX.
  • buyabuya Posts: 74
    Lots of people like RDX. Almost bought into all that raving about the car until test driving one. Sorry about your situation. Have you tried trading in your RDX for what you really liked?