Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hey carman,
    Can i get MF and residual for:
    2013 Acura RDX Base FWD 36 month 12k miles/year
    and
    2013 Acura RDX Tech Package AWD 36 month 12k miles/year

Thank you in advance
  • It was Acura of Moreton Grove.
  • carteachcarteach Posts: 179
    Wondering if danblake is still around. I'm thinking of pricing an RDX. I live in Fairfield County, not too far from NY.
  • Best CT dealer I've dealt with is Executive in North Haven. Salesperson Joann.
  • danblakedanblake Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    danblake is still here and without a car yet. I got the best CT quote from Acura in Berlin. Breakdown is as follows: $34,436 base + 399 conveyance fee + 2212.02 sales tax + 101 for transfer plate = $37,148.02. This is for an AWD without tech. I had gotten a quote from the NJ dealer in this blog (Acura of Ramsey) and he quoted 33,999 base with 199 conveyance fee, so about $600 and change lower. I asked Berlin if they would match and they said no. The sales mgr told me they are not even offering the 34,436 base anymore (sure). I'm at a stand still. I got a quote from Executive but it was $300-500 higher so I think I deleted it. How is your hunt going? Any info you can share down in the Fairfield area? The $34,436 matches Invoice and compares to a 36,615 MSRP. Perhaps I should pull the trigger, but I dislike paying a $399 dealer fee....they are really quoting $400 over Invoice.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Posts: 20
    edited November 2012
    i was using costco auto, i got a quote is $ 37700 awd with tech in nyc
  • I am starting to lean more toward the Mazda CX9 GT AWD. Yes it's larger but, after reading the reviews of the RDX coupled with the lack of safety features I am looking for (lane departure, avoidance braking, blind spot monitoring, and a couple others that the RDX doesn't have), I am thinking going up in size and down in price. Glad I didn't go for the RDX at this point.
  • isixisix Posts: 2
    Help please! I just bought a new RDX. I tried to practice back in in my building's garage. I found twice that when I tried to back in (reverse), the engine suddenly became very loud. It's much lourder than normal. Anyone has the same problem? Is this normal for Acura's car? Or should I go to dealer and check it? What problem it might be? Thank you so much!
  • Take a look at the KIA Sorento SX AWD. It is similarly equipped but about $6K less than the RDX. I looked at several SUV's, and can buy any of them that I want. You also get 7 passenger seating with the KIA.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    edited November 2012
    Anyone here considering the 2013 Lexus RX vs the 2013 Acura RDX? If so, assuming the RX is a better car for the sake of this discussion, at what price/how much more do you think it's worth it to get a similarly equipped RX instead? I'm currently looking at the RDX AWD Tech. I posted the price I was quoted about a month ago over here which was:

2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech Package:
    $37,615
    + Tags/License Plates (a $100 to a few hundred I think, can't remember)
    + Taxes at 6%
    + Processing ($200)
    + Freight ($895?)
    = total price

I was also looking at the Lexus RX and the MSRP on that w/ everything is just a little under $50k MSRP and that price includes the Delivery fee. But I had read in a forum that they can usually go about 10% off MSRP making the cost something around $44k.

That's about $6k above where I am right now with the fully loaded RDX.
  • mlevinedc3-Is it only safety features turning you towards CX-9? My ideal car is
    prob. Audi Avant 6 without the price i.e. really want a tight, responsive wagon of
    decent size but can't find so am turning back to SUV. Had looked at CX-7, but discovered they are defunct. Looking for 2012 RDX 'cause they have "sportier"
    drive. Hadn't thought of going bigger. Anything else you recommend?
  • I'd think a full 10% off the Lexus is a bit of a push right now...'maybe' between Christmas and New Years for the 'end of the year' bargains. ;)

How long will you keep the vehicle? You'll get back ~50% of the difference in 4 years if you were to trade at that point...a bit less as time goes on. IF you 'need' the AWD, are you looking at the Volvo XC60 T6? We've had both the RX and the XC and went with the RDX FWD Tech to keep most of the lux systems while saving a few bucks. The RX is certainly more substantial feeling(as is the XC, IMO) but the RDX is no cheapo. I'm guessing 10-15% better mileage from the RDX vs either of the others, so that would complicate the true cost over time. Volvo has 4-5 years of free maintenance...haven't checked on Lexus; so that tends to 'cut down' on the cost of the vehicle over the years(Just first two checkups on the Lexus, I believe).

Do I reckon the Lexus is $10K 'more vehicle' than the RDX? Probably not; but it could be worth the 4-5 thousand difference over 4 years or so. The RDX 'feels' sportier and 'younger' to me; while the Lexus is a bit plusher and more refined. How much 'that' is worth is in the hands of the be-driver. :)
  • rcaccrcacc Posts: 2
    Have you tried Devan Acura in Norwalk? If so what did they quote you at? I'm in Fairfield County as well and still looking for the best deal on an RDX.
  • carteachcarteach Posts: 179
    I've been trying to get email quotes. But the only way I can find to do it is to go on the dealer's website and then go through their portal which requires a phone number and doesn't allow room for you to say much.

Has anyone found a better way to do this?

If you've only done phone calls, who have you asked to speak to?
  • ccjustccjust Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have been looking at the Acura RDX and Lexus RX350 for months. I have gone back and forth on which one to buy. On black friday I finally decide that the RX350 was worth the extra money for me. I think that they are both very good vehicles, but for me the extra room and luxury was more important. Good Luck.
  • It's 35,950.00 plus tax,tag and dealer fee of 699.00 a good price for a 2013 acura rdx FWD technology pkg??
  • 699? I'd run away.
  • How about 35,950 for the 2013 rdx FWD with tech pkg is it a good price??
  • Forgot to mention I haven't found any acura 2013 rdx FWD with tech pkg cheaper than 35,950.00 plus the taxes and tag but not happy with the doc fee of 699.00 here in florida i see is lower in other states..
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,140
    edited November 2012
    based on the deal I got (discount on an AWD non-tech), I would say yes it is. The dealer fee is what it is, but you should be able to get even more off to counter that.

and markets vary. What I got in NJ 3 months ago may not be consistent with what you can get now in Fla. But, if you have been shopping multiple dealers (which are usually fighting tooth and nail for sales) and non of them will beat it, that is a pretty good sign you have bled the turnip dry.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)