Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iris9iris9 Posts: 5
    The kbb invoice which includes the destination is 36565. So you were really $1369 below invoice. Wow! I didn't think it was possible to have the dealer exclude the destination fee. I think you got a great deal.
    I am in the Dallas area and am looking for the base RDX. Will the end of the year be the right time to snatch a great deal(as alvarez!) or it doesn't matter?
  • Thanks Iris are you ready to buy now?
  • iris9iris9 Posts: 5
    Yes I am ready to buy, although the quotes I have been getting over the internet is $500 or more above invoice. So should I wait till end of the month?
  • Thanks to Alvares for providing one data point for the FWD Tech level. (35196). While this is a truly a good deal, I can't seem to get any SF Bay Area dealer to come even close to that number, so I am curious if there are other data points anyone else could share.
  • This month is really good to but
  • I meant Dec is a good month to buy but be firm on your price
  • Hi Alvares, Thank you for sharing your experience I'm looking to upgrade my 2009 pilot, I've been following this thread for a while and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the same exact RDX (FWD Tech) I live in South Florida and I was wondering if you can share the dealer where you got your RDX. I'm leaving my email just in case you want to provide the info in a private manner. misuk01@optonline.net

thank you in advance for your help
  • Sure sunny what part of South fla are you?
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,950
    You guys should realize that it is perfectly ok to mention the dealer name which does help others that may be in the same region.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    $35,196 for the 2013 RDX FWD Tech seems pretty good. I was at $37.5k-ish for my 2013 AWD Tech and I don't thin the AWD is a $2.5k-ish option so I think you got a really stellar price.

For all the people who are in FL, you guys are all doing FWD Tech, not AWD Tech? I know you don't get winter weather down there but I think there are some other advantages to having AWD like the distribution of which wheels handle the load to help with MPG.. but yeah, I don't know if it's worth the cost for AWD.
  • Srizvi, I used to live in NY and had my share of winter time, I believe spending the xtra money in the AWD option here in FL is not worth it
  • Yeah you really don't need the AWD here in florida but if you are towing i recommend it, at any rate the new Acura RDX AWD are not SH which is super handling like the older ones but is still good. Even if you live up north on a FWD with snow tires you can probably get away with it..
  • email me sunnyfl1 your email is not working for me, mines is aalvarez2929@aol.com
  • What gas octane is everyone using on the 2013 Acura RDX, I heard octane 87 is not recommended? Haven't fueled up car yet just bought it.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,140
    the manual is pretty clear that regular is not supposed to be used, but stops short of saying you can't. I think it is less strict about mid-grade.

I have just bit the bullet and put in premium. figure that I don't want to take chances, considering I plan to keep this a real long time!

there is also the "why did you spend so much on a car if you can't afford the gas" aspect!

FWIW, I also have a 2000 3.2TL. Originally my sisters. When she first got it (new), she tried regular, and it was not at all happy about it. So she tried mid-grade, and it seemed fine, and that is what it has had ever since (up to 168K now). Once in a while I put in premium, and honestly did not notice the difference.

But, if you try regular, please let us all know how it goes!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• No problems at all running 87 almost all of the time in our RDX with ~2400 miles. Filled with 93 a couple of times and can't tell a difference. I do try to stick with branded gasoline, especially Chevron and Shell with their extra cleaning agents.

BTW, if I run 87 vs 93 in both of our vehicles, I save ~$600/year...nothing to sneeze at. ;)
  • Yes sunnyfl1 give me an email so I can get yours, its not working the email you gave me. Here is my email aalvarez2929@aol.com
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    Yesterday was the first time I had to fill up gas on my own in our 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech. It was purchased new a week ago.

I found this thread: "Regular or Premium" on acurazine ( http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859183 ) and read through it. I didn't find anything conclusive to go with premium over regular. I'd rather save the $5 at the gas tank everytime I fill up. Here's a link to my specific post in that thread: http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14196740#post14196740
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,950
    Below is a direct copy from the online RDX owners manual.

Fuel recommendation

Unleaded premium gasoline, pump octane number 91 or higher

Use of lower octane gasoline can cause occasional metallic knocking noise in the engine and will result in decreased engine performance.
    Use of gasoline with a pump octane less than 87 can lead to engine damage

You will notice that it clearly states "fuel RECOMMENDATION". Manufacturers make a distinct difference between "recommendation" and "required". I believe it's clear that Acura allows 87 octane but performance will be affected. They do make a point of not using anything less than 87 octane which I don't even know if that is available or not.

I thinks it's a personal decision. Some people like to play the ego game and say "well, if you buy an Acura you shouldn't be cheap and put regular in it". I don't view it as cheap....I view it as frugal. Maybe somebody doesn't need all the horses that premium provides. I know a dealer service manager that has a 10 year old TL and has never used premium it. I personally use premium but I did use one tank of regular and the only thing I noticed was that it appeared to drop my MPG by one mpg. I have a couple of vehicles that I switch off and am retired so I don't put a ton of miles on so premium is not a problem price wise. But I can understand if someone puts a lot of miles on that it could make a big difference over time. Premium is sometimes .40 to .45 more per gallon than regular where I live at upper tier stations. So a 10% increase in price versus a possible 4% decrease in mpg may appeal to some people. I'm not one to say they shouldn't as it's their car, not mine.