Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• When buying something as costly as a vehicle, it is never a good tactic to assume to know what a particular dealer will do at a particular time. Really, what is to be lost offering a lower price for a vehicle. At worst a dealer will say no or not respond or, perhaps, offer a better deal than it would have otherwise. Always smart to start low and work up than to start hight and work higher.
  • Didn't say I expected them to sell me a car at that price. But seeing what others in this forum have purchased the same car for (one as low as $36,396 reportedly), I don't think $36,200 is crazy low. Besides, I'm pretty sure a dealer won't sell me a car at a loss. So what can it hurt to make a low offer? Let the free market captial system do it's thing and find out where the counteroffers come in at?
  • patm70patm70 Posts: 20
    karhill1, I stand by my post and suggestion. I have been viewing the 2013 RDX prices paid thread for quite some time and used the posts supplied here to help me buy my 2013 RDX AWD non tech so I speak from experience from actually purchasing the car after corresponding with or visiting four different Acura dealers. The 2013 RDX is a new model with new engine, etc. and the sales have been much improved compared to the 2012 model year so why would a dealer "give" a car away for $1600. under invoice? In fact, some dealerships will not sell the vehicle for more than $1600. off MSRP let alone invoice price. I have never seen anyone post in this thread who has paid $36, 200. for an AWD/Tech model. I look forward to seeing the orignal poster's follow up posts on the responses/prices he received from the seven dealerships (with or without the floor mats and wheel locks).
  • Thats correct one in this thread paid 36,396 for the RDX AWD TECH 2013. I paid 35,196 which is $1,200 less because it's not the AWD I got the RDX FWD TECH 2013. Thats how I made my deal following this thead and adjusted the price less for the FWD. I was able to negotiate, and the all season floor mats and wheel locks included. But keep in mind it's not the otd price taxes and t/l not included.
  • yalamyalam Posts: 4
    Update

One dealer accepted my offer $34,000 OTD for 2013 RDX- FWD- Base ( Windows tint,Wheel locks, Nitrogen on it).

Seems Dallas and Arlington dealers are accepting that offer.

Thanks to iris9 for sharing his experience and price paid.
  • learned a lot from this forum. Just want to share my buying price.

Date: 12/26/2013
    Model: New 2013 RDX, AWD, without tech package
    List Price: $35,720 (without $895 destination)
    Discounted Price: 33,040
    Destination: $895
    Document: $161.39
    Plate Transfer and filling: $150
    Tax: 7%

No discounted accessory was offered by the dealer. Focused on the best price for a trade-in. Did not care much about the discount on the accessory since the accessories i need are much cheaper online anyway.

Like to thank lots of people to share their experience and price here.

Happy New Year!
  • $36,200 + TTL would be a fantastic price for a 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech if you can get it. My feeling is the dealer may counter with something more in the $36,500-$37,000 range. I got mine for ~$36,800 + TTL. Try to get some free accessories. Good luck!
  • bleuspeedbleuspeed Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Thanks to everyone that posted on this thread. Hats off to many of the skilled negotiators. All the information here inspired and equipped me for the negotiation process.

I was not able to do as well as I had hoped. But I am happy with my performance. I just picked up a white RDX FWD w/tech today. I also had a trade-in and ended up in two separate negotiations.

Here is my breakdown:

Model: New 2013 RDX, FWD, with tech package
    Price Paid: 35,999 (includes destination $895)
    Tax (8.325%): 3,021.62
    Document: $80
    Plate Transfer, filling and tire: $380.75
    Total OTD: 39,481.37

Included in price: all weather mats and cargo net.

Question for the group:

Does anyone have any opinion on the Acura extended warranty and maintenance packages? I was offered
    - new car warranty up to 8yrs/100k for $1,700
    - all maintenance (minus tire purchase, but includes brake pads rotors, parts and labor) up to 5 years/60k for $1,400

I declined at the time telling then I need a couple of days to think.

Sorry for the long post.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Posts: 133
    edited December 2012
    Congrats on the new purchase...exact color/package we have!
    Regarding the extended warranty, there are plenty of people who dismiss them out of hand. Would you reasonably expect a major failure, outside of the original warranty, that would cost more than the extended program costs? Perhaps on a Euro car, but unlikely on the Acura line, IMO. Why pay so much for something you can't use for the next FOUR years?

Ditto on the maintenance program, unless you can determine it represents at least a 20% discount(1/3 would be better). No point in paying SO much up front. I bought the three-year package just to get it out of the way(lease vehicle); but I paid less than 1/3 of your plan. Kind of a shock since Volvo has included 3,4,5 years maintenance on our last three vehicles :cry:

Just MHO and YMMV and all that! Enjoy the new ride!
  • rapb127rapb127 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Living in NE Pa, my negotiated price so far before trade is $34k before taxes, tag etc. Appears to be $400 below invoice cutting into dealer holdback. Decent deal?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,570
    looks like it.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• The amount what you paid $35, 196 is including destination charges of $895?

Thanks,
    Neetu
  • Yes neethu $35,196 includes destination fee of $895.00. Although they added it but I did not accept the $895.00 destination fee.
  • you really got a great deal, i got offer of $36,200 with 9 regular services/oil changes/tire rotation free, do you think is that a right deal? ( It is for EWD with tech package)
    Thanks!
  • You mean the Acura RDX FWD TECH or AWD TECH?
  • Sorry, my bad it's a typo. It is Acura RDX FWD Tech!
  • I think is still not a bad deal because the invoice of the Acura RDX FWD TECH is $35,670 so they are going $500.00 over the invoice price which is leaves you in positive territory. What you can do is have them throw in the all season floor mats and wheel lugs plus the dealer fee included as well for the 36,200. What State are you from?
  • Thank you so much for quick reply! I am form California. let me try asking those 3 things you mentioned. Also they are offering Oil & Filter Change/ Tire Rotation/ Car Wash/ System inspections for 4 times! if dealer agress to give those 3 things then i should go for it :-). thanks again.
  • Another good option which is what I did. Get the numbers of all dealers in a radious of 100miles from where you live. In my case it was 10 dealers and I called and proposed my offer and had the internet sales managers email me back for responses. Some counter offered but one accepted my offer so that's how my deal turned out to be. I printed emails and went to dealer with documentation of the set agreed price.
  • ttdadttdad Posts: 7
    Just closed AWD Tech (Graphite/black) with roof rails installed (not crossbars) for $37,399 ($37,000 + $399 dealer fee) excluding tax/tags. I contacted 10 GMs from dealers in region and only had 2 play ball at my offer. I wanted $37,000 even but many are selling closer to MSRP based on demand here.

I'm in CT.