Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    We are thinking about a new RDX to replace my wife's 2004 Highlander. My only experience with a luxury brand dealer was with Lexus a few years back and as I recall they were kind of snooty when it came to the sale. The attitude seemed to be "This is a Lexus. Here's the price, take or leave it." We left it.

Just wondering if I should expect the same treatment at an Acura dealer or is it actually possible to negotiate on price? Reading some other posts it seems like many, if not most, dealers are asking for sticker price on the new RDX.
  • Negotiating with dealer may depend on where you live. Just purchased 2013 RDX AWD w/o tech in eastern Pa. First use this site to get invoice numbers and get dealers in your area via internet to offer below invoice. Pick one and go drive etc to see if you and wife like. Passenger seat does not raise is the only misgiving so far. More power options needed.
    DON'T MENTION TRADE until price locked in. When trading the your vehicle they will obviously low ball your trade. Be prepared to go elsewhere and negotiate below invoice and then trade-in.
    Acura for RDX does not currently have any .9 or 1.9% but Acura/Honda can get you 2.1 or 2.2%APR depending on term of loan. Go at the end of month for best deals. Good luck
  • ttdadttdad Posts: 7
    I did a cash/no trade deal. Not sure what you have to trade or finance. For an outright purchase: after you know exactly what you want, contact 10 of the closest dealers via email (General Mgr or Fleet Mgr - you can find them online). Make a lowball offer and see who will play ball. I got a AWD Tech with roof rails installed for $37,000 plus $399 dealer doc/fees (excluding taxes and tags). 2 of 10 dealers were interested. I haven't negotiated with floor saleman for last few purchases. Gen Mgr or Fleet Mgr are usually willing to meet lower offers without the song and dance. You have to be willing to drive a bit to pick up if your local dealer doesn't come in the lowest. You don't have to get it serviced by the dealer you buy from. Good luck.
    We would be trading our 2004 Highlander. I am 90+ miles from the nearest dealer (Chicago) but there are multiple dealers in the Chicago area so there should be some competition.
  • Be sure to have dealer throw in the All Season floor mats, considering your weather location.
    With that many dealers in your area you should get a competitive price. Don't worry if the RDX isn't in their inventory, they will do a dealer swap.
  • buyabuya Posts: 74
    Why do people keep calling Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti luxury brands? I'm not being snobbish. Those Japanese "luxury brands" are basically the same cars as their non-luxury counterparts -- Toyota/Honda/Nissan -- but tweaked with higher quality in some areas and added comfortable options and accessories in std features. Essentially the buyers are driving Toyota/Honda/Nissan but conditioned to think they're driving BMW/MB! What's the deal there? Those luxury line cars sold their way into the brand category by leasing? And the lessors support the claims of their cars being luxury brands? Sorry, a nice car is a nice car, and why pretend it's a luxury branded car? Those Japanese cars are trying to redefine "luxury" category with their reliable, dressed up non-luxury cars by price fixing and snobbish handling of customers seem quite obvious, don't they? Let's be precise in the referencing terms and call Lexus/Acura/Infiniti "luxury line (Japanese) cars" to differentiate their comfortably/luxuriously appointed reliable cars from the established "luxury cars" that offered more in combined quality. If people continue to call luxuriously equipped cars luxury cars for whatever reasons, then cars such as RR, Maybach, Bentley, Maserati, etc. will have to be called Ultra Supreme Vehicles. That's a mouthful people!
  • hm2013hm2013 Posts: 6
    @alvares, Can you please tell me which dealership gave you this deal of $35,196 on RDX with Tech package (just the name and city)? I have been trying in Texas for a few weeks, but the dealers here are at least $1700 higher. Appreciate your help.
    Really, this is all you've got to worry about? ;)
  • We just closed a deal on RDX AWD base model and total OTD price is $36,662.
  • I just purchased an RDX, AWD, base, for 32700 , destination included. Plus paid tax, tag and 200 proc fee.
  • alvaresalvares Posts: 75
    Hello hm2013 the dealer where I bought the ACURA RDX FWD TECH was in Florida in Fortlauderale called Rickcase Acura. But listen you still save even if you buy in another state. I was going to buy the RDX in Church Falls Virginia for same price all I had to do is pay the $500.00 transport fee and still save money, but eventually got the price down in my area.
  • Just picked up my new RDX with AWD and tech package. I live in MA, but found the best pricing in CT. Bought from Acura of Berlin. Paid $37,211 plus $399 doc fee. Dealt with Andre and 'Brittany and they were terrific. Was one of the smoothest car deals I've ever done and will absolutely buy from them again. Well worth driving 2 hrs.
  • Did you get any dealer add-on accessories? I've had good luck with Executive Acura in North Haven and found Acura of Avon not to be a dealer I want to 'deal' with.
  • I did not get any add on accessories. The cost of them to me wasn't worth it. I will probably get those at a later date from Ebay at much better pricing.
  • Looking at 2013 RDX base AWD in northern NJ. Looking to lease or buy with financing. Anyone have anu details on their lease or purchase deal.
  • @manoj28 Can you tell me which dealer offered that price? What did they quote you MSRP and invoice? $32700 seems really low ($1500+ below publichsed invoice price?). I'm looking for a base model AWD as well. Thank you so much!
  • I agree. The invoice for AWD base is around $33,840 (my dealer quote me). The AWD plus tech will be 4k more. I can't believe any dealer will be willing to loss that amount of money.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,589
    well, in north jersey, your best price options are likely to be ramsey and Denville. They both compete hard on internet pricing, and Denville in particular will do it all via Email. Ramsey though likely has a bigger selection.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• buyabuya Posts: 74
    edited January 2013
    Of course not, Ac. Who doesn't worry about queen ma'am promoting "I'm-very-interested-in-your-speech,-fax-it-for-me-to-read-Charles" aka "don't-need-title,-won't-use-HRH" Camila Shand who MAY one day co-run the Windsor Company in "she-is-not-conniving-her-way-into-the-family-while-I-am-alive" Queen mother's jewelry after "she-loves-me-for-me-and-I-want-to-stay-wait-for-the-throne-for-the-good-of-the-c- - ountry" Charles took the throne?

Car prices are like most other things - whatever the market will bear. Acura is a reliable line of cars, so what's to worry? I probably should worry about the reliability of the bimmer I might have to buy. Oh, you worry about the snottiness of the luxury line Japanese car dealers? Why? Tell them to keep their cars and take the less snooty attitude from the luxury car dealers!
  • @leahray, Can you tell me which dealer you went to in SJ? I think you got a good deal. Pls let me know. Thx.