Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rb001rb001 Posts: 13
    The lowest price I am able to get the 2013 AWD Tech for in the bay area is $36,300 at Fremont Acura. So just subtract the diff between the base and the AWD Tech. I think you can get it for less than $32,000.

Acuras are hot cars in the bay area and dealers are getting low on the 2013 inventory. I am going to wait till early June to see if they have a new pricing for the month. Either way will buy it then. Hopefully they'll still have the colors I am looking for.

Good luck.
  • mikietmikiet Posts: 9
    Hi, I just recently purchased an brand new 2013 with "AWD" and $2,000 worth of options for $32,000. in the New York area where prices are sky high. Personally, with the 2014's already out, you should be able to do a lot better than $33,000.
  • jonas0111jonas0111 Posts: 8
    Would you be so kind enough to tell us which dealership you dealt with to get such a great price? I am in the NY area and have not gotten close to that especially with the added options. If you would prefer to use email, my email is my post name @aol.com. THX.
  • allshouse1allshouse1 Posts: 2
    I am going to assume you did not receive the Tech package?
  • ethanlauethanlau Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. I went there on Mother's day weekend to check out the car but did not make an offer, now I can try to ask for a lower price.
  • carknutcarknut Posts: 6
    Wish I could like a Chevy or a Ford. Local dealer is only Acura dealer in a 100 mile radius they have a handful of 2013's left and are very proud of their cars. Won't budge below 35K..year 1 depreciation on this vehicle is in the $7500 range.. anybody ever feel like it's the principle of the deal vs the extra grand? Grrrrrr... guess I'm going to end up over paying..hopefully the new car smell helps me get over it lol
  • What dealership are you working through (assuming in Ohio based on user name?)
  • osubuckosubuck Posts: 19
    hidy in dayton
  • $35,114 from Weir Canyon in the OC. Deal with the fleet mgr.
    Couldn't strike a deal for the Infiniti JX..and didn't really need the 3rd row. My wife loves the shape..

So we went with the 2013 Acura AWD RDX with Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315
    Remote Start: $620
    Total MSRP: $40,935

Negotiated down to $35,900

Got $5035 off MSRP savings of 12.3%

Negotiated OTD Price: $38582 (includes tax, title, doc fee, remote start)
    0.9% for 60 months. zero down
    Monthly Payment: $658 for 60 months
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Posts: 130
    Congrats what dealer? Where?

You do realize the 2014's are out, yes? Did you try to deal on a '14?
    absolutely tried on the 2014..no chance..of getting $5000+ off

There's is no difference between 2013 and 2014 so that's why I was okay with the 2013 model.

This was Hidy Acura in Dayton, OH
    Good deal...we were split between the Jx aand the rdx too but decided on the rdx for the same reasons as yours. Will be picking it up for $35,800 without accessories here in the bay area with $39,500 drive out. Not able to find anything cheaper in CA. Good call on not getting the 2014, its a waste of money.

By the way which dealership did you get it at and where?
    This was Hidy Acura in Dayton, OH
    How do you contrast a 7 passenger $50K+ vehicle with a 5 passenger $38K? I don't understand
  • mikietmikiet Posts: 9
    Maybe he didn't need the 7 passenger car and its simple to differentiate the two. They are both luxury vehicles and you can get the JX for a lot less than $50K. Since when is Infinity such a spectacular car? I certainly wouldn't want one. My family looked at everything and we liked the Acura best. We also have an Audi and I would take the Audi over the JX. Just my opinion.
    you don't..my wife really wanted the JX but I was stuck between the RDX, Q5, or X3.

For the deal I got, RDX was the best buy. This doesn't mean that Q5 or X3 weren't nice, I just couldn't justify the price because I was barely getting anything off the MSRP.

JX: My wife loves this suv but when I test drove it, I found nothing spectacular about the drive. The only thing I love about this SUV is its looks.. The JX I wanted had the MSRP of $54180 and I wanted it for $49,000 OTD. They wanted $51,000 OTD..I said too bad and bought the RDX..

Now that my wife's had it for a couple of days, she actually loves the RDX.

I have a Accord EX-L V6 and my lease is up in May 2014. I am patiently waiting for the Infiniti Q50 to come out and hope to strike a deal on it next May.
    In our hunt for an SUV, we went to check out the Infiniti FX37 & EX37. I really liked FX37 but it was too expensive as compared to the RDX. The EX37 felt much smaller, lower & in fact more like a bigger hatchback. But then we saw the JX35 and really loved the room inside the car mainly because of the option of a 3rd row seat with very easy access (as compared to the MDX or any other 8 seater SUV). At this point in our life, we really didn't need a 7 seater and also it was $10K+ more than the RDX. Hence we decided against it. A few years down the line we'll definitely get a JX35 instead of an MDX or a van.
    edited May 2013
    I understand the '14 MDX is supposed to hit the dealer lot in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see how the 2 LCD screens minimize the number of buttons. I only need an RDX but my wife wants the extra space of the MDX. Our '04 MDX only has 172K mi. and has been flawless.
  • winedinenywinedineny Posts: 3
    Where in NY Area?

you can respond to my screen name plus AOL

Thanks Much