Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    The dealers are willing because RDX sales are terrible, and they have a lot of cars sitting on the lots. I am seeing $600-700 under invoice in Virginia with little haggling.
  • I'm looking in DC area. Where have you seen that? Thanks.
    Try Pohanka in Chantilly -- ask for an internet quote.
  • minoteminote Posts: 13
    If you would, please let me know how much you paid out the door price (included tax, title, license). I'm trying to get a good price here in SoCal and dealers have not offered me a good price yet and I just want a base one. Would you think $32.5K offer for an out the door price with back up sensor + splash guard is a good offer? Thanks in advance. :confuse:
  • minoteminote Posts: 13
    Hi, please let me know how you did with the offer.
    I am also trying to get a good deal in So Cal with only the base package but they sent me an offer for OTD for $36K.
    I think it's ridiculous. Thanks.
  • dont have the exact #s in front

-tax was 8.25%
    -tags were about $200
    -$45 doc prep fee

that's it
  • My brother brought a base model from Serramonte Acura last week for $33600 out the door. This is roughly about $200 below invoice.
  • Hi Bob,

Would you be able to send me any (or all) information you had for the Acura RDX prices you had emailed to you for dealers in the Chicagoland area. We are looking to purchase it by the January 2nd date. Please email to jeffbrecker@gmail.com

Thanks so much.
    Jeff
  • did1did1 Posts: 2
    Jeff,

Wow, you want all my hard work handed over :)

Here's what you need to know.

RDX with Tech
    List Price $38,125.00 (includes destination)

What You Should Pay

Invoice $33,290.00
    Less Holdback -998.00
    Destination $670.00

Dealer Actual Cost for an RDX with Tech = $32,962.00

Now if you can get it for as little over this cost as possible you win. What's a fair profit? $50.00, $100.00, $500.00?

Then add tax, title, license. Good luck!

P.S. Only deal with the Fleet Managers.
  • mftmrtmftmrt Posts: 17
    I was just quoted for RDX with tech for 36 mo / 10k miles: .00146 & 56%. Is that the actual Honda Finance rate is dealing inflating it?
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Posts: 15
    when you say "fleet manager", do you mean one of the managers at the dealership?
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Posts: 15
    anyone have any recent price quotes? purchases made?

so far i'm leaning towards using mostly internet contact with a dealer...
    I paid $475 under invoice for a base RDX on Jan 9. You should be able to get similar deals at most dealers.
  • arunkvarunkv Posts: 1
    I asked Pohanka Acura for a quote on the RDX with the Tech package over the internet and their internet manager quoted me $34,500, and suggested I go down there and finish the transaction immediately since the cars are flying off the lot. Could C_hunter or anyone else let me know where or how he could bring that price down to a more reasonable level? Thx. AV
    Did you do this by submitting a request through their website? If you are on their e-mail list, you will probably get an e-mail at the end of the month with an even better deal. They sent me one at the end of Nov and the end of Dec.

The cars are definitely not flying off the lot. They have 37 Techs at the moment.

I would e-mail him back and name the price you want (within reason) and tell him you are ready to buy immediately if they meet that price. You can probably go down to $33960 (invoice) on a Tech, perhaps a little lower. I bought a base model and am not as "tuned" to the market for Techs. They seem to get less discounting than base models though.

Good luck!
  • I cannot say enough positive things regarding my experience purchasing a new RDX from INSKIP ACURA of RI. I only needed to make one trip there - and it was more than worth the extra 80 miles round trip for me. They have a modern dealership building and very good inventory - for a purchaser at least. Their internet sales manager is a terrific guy and excellent to deal with. A straight-shooter, very helpful and accommodating. I finalized a deal there in person yesterday and RDX is being delivered to me tomorrow.

I did not get into pressuring and playing off dealers to any great extent, nor try to get well below invoice, cutting into the dealer holdback as some get lucky with at certain dealers. But you should find an excellent buying experience and find them willing to work with dealer invoice pricing to you. If you are from MA, they will register in MA for you as well.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    Dealer's internet quote opening offer for a Carbon Bronze RDX with black leather (Tech or non-tech) is $900 over invoice.

A good deal or all wet?
    Depends on your market I suppose, but that would not be a great deal here. I paid $475 under invoice myself.
  • Just paid $32.6K for my '07 RDX Base. This reflects a $1K below MSRP. I referened the holdback that others have mentioned in this forum: Thank you!

Holdback is relative to the invoice cost, not MSRP. MSRP is $33665, invoice is $30774, and invoice - holdback would be about $29764.

I went partially into the holdback on my recent purchase: paid $30300, $475 under invoice (or $3365 under MSRP).

MSRP and invoice price info is available here on Edmunds, as is info on how to calculate the holdback.
  • Wow! Incredible! Where was that?
    I bought in VA, but folks all over the country are getting similar deals on base and tech models. Generally people seem to be paying invoice +/- $500 or so.
  • Dealership in town has added about $1,500 of "dealer add-ons" from pin striping ($199), to body side molding, mud guards, and sealant, which total $1,500!! Is this preposterous? This is the only dealer in town. Any suggestions on how to deal with this rip-off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,498
    Just make an offer as though those items weren't on there.. All of that together is worth maybe $300.. If you find those items desirable, then possibly increase your offer by that much... Otherwise, just disregard them.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thanks...according to this forum they are selling around invoice in many parts of the country, but when I go to TMV it shows basically MSRP. Is TMV just not updated? Are the RDX's just not selling? At the local dealership they seem not to be moving at all.
    TMV is an historical average... So, by definition, it will always be a little bit behind.

Here is an article on how Edmunds calculates it: How We Calculate New TMV Prices

If you read back over this discussion, it does seem that actual sales prices are approaching invoice.

regards,
    kyfdx

TMV has never been accurate in my experience. It is always way too high. Perhaps TMV includes purchases from general consumers who pay sticker, but typical internet-savvy car buyers get much deeper discounts. I wish TMV was more in tune with internet shoppers.

In the case of the RDX, sales are about 50% below expectations, and dealer inventories are high. Acura is offering a very compelling financing incentive. It's no surprise that huge discounts are the norm for this vehicle -- it's a buyers market.

If you do an internet search and research what people are reporting for RDX discounts on the various forums, you will find that the typical price is invoice to $500 under invoice right now. I would offer to give specific links, but Edmunds does not allow linking to other automotive sites.
  • Not to be glib about it, but go to another town. Your dealer will probabaly do their "treatment" to all their incoming RDXs, and from what I've heard, the molding add-ons just do not look right. In my mind, mud guards and pinstripes wouldn't "fit" this vehicle's looks, and the sealant is just BS. So, I'd either ask them to find you an RDX without all the gee-gaws,or take a scenic drive to somehwere with a more scrupulous dealer. The long drive back in your new CLEAN RDX might be quite enjoyable. ;)
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Posts: 152
    I would suggest you contact dealers in other areas to see what kind of deal you can get. Work out as many details as possible before you spend time traveling to another dealership. When you contact the other dealers let them know how serious you are about purchasing very soon and you will likely get a much better reaction than your local dealer. After you purchase your RDX from another dealer, take your paperwork to your local dealer and show them the business they missed.
    take your paperwork to your local dealer and show them the business they missed.

Ummm... not if you plan on getting your car serviced there...